8th edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8th edition

Post  Carson on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 pm

We'll its official. A new edition of warhammer will be released 10 July.

Pretty cool trailer for the release on the GW site.

From what I've read there are some big changes headed our way, most notably in magic and spell casting. I wasn't happy at all with the release of 7th (rules were fine but it just marked the end of the 6th edition which I thought was the game high point), but I am looking forward to this release.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th edition

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 pm

They are saying that the rulebook is almost 600 pages! I wonder if that means they are going to include some updates for all the army books with the rulebook?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 pm

600 hundred pages is a bit expansive, maybe they will explain the rules better? lol or lots of fluff as always.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Hmm. Interesting!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 pm

the supposed cover art is kinda lame-o

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/04/wfb-8th-edition-cover-sighted.html

not really impressed if this is the cover, the comet is just tacky to the max

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Anyone wanna buy a collectors edition 7th edition rulebook.... cheap...

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 am

E-mail from local GW rep:

"At French Games Day on Sunday 18th April we announced that July 2010 will see the long-awaited release of Warhammer. There have been 7 previous editions of this iconic game system, all leading to the moment when we will release the most complete and awe-inspiring version ever. Warhammer, The Game of Fantasy Battles, will launch on July 10th 2010. In a hardback, full-colour, 528-page rulebook we will present to the world the most inspirational, epic, bloody and challenging vision of Warhammer its land, people and battles ever seen.

Between now and the 10th of July, Games Workshop embarks on a crusade to make this the greatest and most glorious launch period in our history. Everyone, everywhere, has their part to play in the days ahead. A World of Chaos. A Time of Heroes. An Age of War. Let battle commence."

Five hundred and twenty eight pages! Shocked

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:45 am

The biggest news, in my opinion, is that, according to Harry, in the wake of 8th edition, GW will be releasing multi-language free for download pdf versions of most of the army books. These pdf's will contain substantial cost and rule changes for balance.

W.
T.
F.

Is this GW we are talking about? Because that sounds suspiciously like a corporation that cares about its gameplay!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 am

Eric, was that an April 1st news release?

Seriously if that's the case I think that's awesome. And a good way to help break the "evil empire" stereotype of GW.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 am

I would assume the pdf's will just have a bare-bones ravening hordes-type list so that there is still some reason to buy the army book but it is still pretty sweet if its true.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ben the kid is back on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:32 pm

RickyDMMontoya wrote:The biggest news, in my opinion, is that, according to Harry, in the wake of 8th edition, GW will be releasing multi-language free for download pdf versions of most of the army books. These pdf's will contain substantial cost and rule changes for balance.

W.
T.
F.

Is this GW we are talking about? Because that sounds suspiciously like a corporation that cares about its gameplay!

Wow, is this a dawning of a new age. Very Happy

ben the kid is back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:44 pm

If GW actually adopts electronic publication, in any form outside of their FAQs that take 6 months, they could easily recapture some of the prestige that has worn off of their corporate identity in the last few years.

Still just a rumour - BUT! The French and Spanish pdf versions have been confirmed in a GW announcement, because GW is abandoning centimetres in European translations. Harry elaborated on the GW announcement saying they will be available for every language and contain multiple balance changes to fit 8th edition.

Now Harry's not always right, but he's right often enough. And this can't seem like anything but the best idea possible, so I really am hoping this is true.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 pm

I think I read that same post as you Eric. I'm hoping the the pdf's are not just the correction of the Cm issue but real pdfs. If the rumors are correct for the 8th edition changes then they will HAVE to change the points and rules issues in various army books.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:08 pm

GW care............in I can barely say that in the same sentence, if/when they bring in the percentage system some armies will need a big over haul and I really hope that this is it. That and with the rumored stepping up rule the H.Elves are really overpriced for no really benefit, but I think the rule is a neat one, favours infantry which is good and it forces them to fix the ASF for the H.Elves which is a lame-o fix to begin with

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:34 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top