My Tomb King Army ( first army I have built)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Tomb King Army ( first army I have built)

Post  The Apothecary on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Alrighty so just putting it on paper this is what i came up with, please comment on opinions and advice

Tomb King - Destroyer Of Eternity, Cloak of the Dune's

Tomb Liche Priest ( Hierophant ) - Steed, Staff of the Mastery Desert, Hieratic Jar, Brooch of the great

Tomb liche Priest -

Skeleton Archer - Light Armor

Chariots x3

Chariots x3

Chariots x3

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Ushabi x 5

Ushabi x 5

Bone Giant

I realise i have 244 points unspent, i havnt decided what to fill that gap with, maby another group of chariots or A skeleton melee Unit.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Tomb King Army ( first army I have built)

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Alright Frank! Now, let's put those figs on a table!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:27 pm

My brother played tomb kings and thus I have spent alot of time competing against TK. I would strongly suggest the use of at least one screaming skull catapult. In your magic phase you can fire these as well as in your shooting phase and if you learn the knack of it can be devastating in knocking off some rank and file before combats.

Otherwise looks like a solid list and has good potential.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:56 pm

you will soon find that a list like that will crumble to dust quickly. you will want some more bodies on the table, skeletons in particular.

From my personal experience from playing TK you really need to balance you list, the more balanced it is the better it will play. my usual 2000 point lists have at least 2 units of 25 skeleton warriors just as they are. 1-2 groups of chariots and 1 scorpion. the rare i switch out all the time just to keep some variation going. same thing with the characters, ill take a king and 3 liches or a king, prince, 2 liches, a high liche a prince and 2 liches, and so on.

unit size varies from player to player so i won't tell you what is right and rong as its tottaly up to you.

the DOE and the cloak of dunes are booth really good items, but you will never see me use them together. even if the king does a good amount of wounds its still easy to kill him with combat res.
also the cloak of dunes i find works wonders for your hirophant. he can stay away from trouble and get where you need magic at the same time when he can fly around the table.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My 2nd try at this

Post  The Apothecary on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:22 am

Ok after much thought and the realization im a moron and was building for a less than 2000 army ive got a HOPEFULLY better balanced army list now, so tell me what you think

Tomb King - blade of eternity, Collor of Shapesh

Tomb Prince - Flail of Skulls , Chariot

Liche Priest - Cloak of Dunes, Brooche of the Great Desert

Liche Priest - Cloak of Dunes

Skeleton Archers x 19

Chariot x3

Chariot x3

Chariot x3

Tomb Gaurd - Musician, Champion, Standard ( Tomb king will run around In this rank and file Very Happy sneaky sneaky)

Tomb Scorpion x2

Ushabi x5

Screaming Skullapult

Bone Giant \'"'\(0.0)/"'"/

I added on an extra arcvher at the end because i was 9 points shy and they are 8 Very Happy so this sits at 2249 points, the added Tomb gaurd with the tomb king stuck in it seems like a pretty good target , and i figured a tomb prince running around on a chariot with that flail would be a good way to cause some havoc, and i added a Catapult to give my range bigger OOMF, tell me what you think this is just what i came up with at work, i think it looks decent.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:30 am

Yeah thats a pretty solid list. I'd think about combining the chariots into 2 units and giving them command groups. You'll find that that many chariot units will get in each others way, crumble quickly and will not hit as hard as one might think.

Plus you can't have the same magic item twice (cloak of dunes).

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:33 am

I don't think you can give both your priests the cloak of dunes but other than that it looks ok, the chariots are in my opinion the best units in a Tomb King army so 3 units looks about right. The bone giant is good and all but I would choose a scorpion or two instead. I've only played against Tomb Kings and I've never read their rulebook though so take that into account when reading my suggestions Very Happy .

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:35 pm

heh go go learning , so yea io guess ide probly just put the cloak on my heirophant and make the other ride a horse, which would give me not many points to play around with but enough for another archer or 2, As for the bone giant, this is just a fun list Very Happy and i really like the idea of a bone giant, hes one of the reasons i chose TK's (ushabi being the other Razz) so if your wondering why hes in there thats why. He might not be good enough for a tournament vs hardcore people, but on my field he will fit RIGHHHHT in.

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Bone Giants are an actually rock solid unit.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:13 am

I have played Tomb Kings since thier inception, and can say that I was attracted to them for some of the same reasons you appear to be [chariots, ushbti, scorpion]. My successes have been with 2 big blocks of infantry with some smashy , 'mobile' units to finish the job. With undead crumbling it's important to have sources of static combat resolution so that you don't lose combats by a significant amount, since you just can't raise them back quickly enough. You'll find that in practical game play, you'll need to stay relatively compact to stay within the limiting spell range of your priests. alternately you can operate in 2-3 'pods' with a liche anchoring each group of units. Lastly, I wanted to comment on the giant and scorpions, as I've used both in the past. They each have days that are so fantastic you wonder why they don't cost more points to field them. Then you other days when they get routinely punked by bretonnian archers and you question why you haven't already melted them down for raw metal! So, take the good with the bad and play them because you like the look and flavour of them in your army. Try not to rely on them for your strategic success.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Play on!

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top