Spring league reporting thread.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spring league reporting thread.

Post  Kuyp on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:06 pm

well i had a game against Eric first thing in the morning it was a ladder challenge and i won it was the second time we played.

Dom 8
Eric 2

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:12 pm

I then had a game against Nathan, after he played Carson. He massacred me as well. It was the first time we played, he was fully painted, it was NOT a ladder battle.

9 for Nathan, 2 for me.

I then played Carson for his Ladder spot. Solid victory for me!

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:36 pm

I played David and won solid with a painted army for the first time. Then I played Nathan and his Brets with a painted army and won solid for our first game defending my ladder spot.
Jeremy-8 David-3
Jeremy-9 Nathan-5

Last edited by Rockn J on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:26 pm

A couple of these have been reported but I'm not sure about the points breakdown. Eric and my game was not a ladder challenge and the points for Jeremy and my game are incorrect I think. For the sake of completeness I'll post my reports here:

First one was against Carson. I got a bit lucky and capitalized on a miscalculation on his part when he charged my knights with some mounted marauders and his chaos hero. My knights held fast and the grail knights dished out some rear-charging ass-kicking on my next turn. After that the game turned into a rout and ended in a massacre for me. I was fully painted and Carson was not. It was the first time we had faced each other this league.

9-2 for me (8-2 for massacre, +1 for me for painting).

My next game was against Eric. He brought a much different warriors of chaos army. My level 1 wizard with no scrolls was not much defense against his 10 power dice but in the end it all came down to the combat and the bretonnians again won the day. I got extremely lucky a few times with my ward saves (thank the lady) and this game also ended in a massacre for me. Eric was not fully painted. It was the first time we've played this league

9-2 for me(8-2 for massacre, +1 for me for painting).

My last game was against Jeremy. He brought a very scary dark elf list with 3 terror-causing things and 4 fear-causing units. My brets were just plain not equipped to deal with that kind of thing and it was just the clock that kept it from being a complete rout for the evil elves. Solid victory for Jeremy. I think he was fully painted and it was a ladder challenge (unsuccessful).

9-5 for Jeremy (7-3 for solid victory, +1 each for fully painted, +1 each for ladder challenge).

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:56 am

It was good to see so many out for random league day lots of dice rolling going on.

Alrik Rey Enano opened up his coiffers and hired five ironguts to give some mobility and impact on his flanks and took two units of thunderers a unit of warriors a unit of longbeards a solid unit of 26 hammerers a cannon two bolt throwers and a grudgethrower. Also along was Caston Sigilstone Bsb and Stefano Al'Haraff runesmith (which let me out-magic both Darrens Brets and Carsons Chaos warriors who knew?)

First game I played against Darren/pud and his Brettonians. turn one saw his trebuchet misfire and explode and a spelleater rune take away his only spell for the rest of the game. My warmachines were rusty and failed to keep his knights at bay getting overrun as well as a unit of thunderers. One bolt thrower crew stalemated a hero on pegasus from turn 3 on. My ironguts succumbed quickly to his general on hippogryph and mentioned hero on pegasus early turn two. Alriks unit chased a block unit with a damsel and another hero? the entire game eventually off the table. Longbeards chased away some knights and his bowmen fled off the table after some thunderers matrixed his shots and returned lead.

This was the first game we played and I won a solid victory I dont believe either was fully painted (Darren?)

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 am

Alrik then took his force against Carsons chaos warriors. No magic for carson for the game as turn one shooting luckily took his wizard. The rest of the game was war machines softening up his three blocks of warriors then being run down after the ironguts failed to hold the flank. My unit of longbeards with Caston who hid from a challenge with his General were run down.turn six saw Alrik facing off and killing his General in a challenge and trading blows with a unit of warriors, his bsb had also charged but was out of striking distance due to challenge. Neither was fully painted (although Carson did show us a very simple shading technique) and it ended in a draw.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:51 am

no, i am unpainted

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey Dom, You had a pick-up game with Tim, what was the outcome. It counts but only gives you 2 points.

It was indeed a sad day for the hordes of Chaos. A REALLY stupid charge against Nathan resulted in him quickly rolling up my flank...ouch.

The game against Andre was quite good. I had a minor victory bottom of 6 but the blood call got the better of me and I charged my general, bsb, and warriors into Andres Dwarf lord/hammers unit. I know it was dumb and pointless but hell its fightin time right. So....my general died and turned the game into a draw.

The Chaos civil war against Eric's version of Chaos was also a good game. Seesawd back and forth.....I tkilled his SorcerLord turn 2 and then lost my general the same turn to a couple of Nurgle spells. I though I had the game in hand on turn 6 and went into cruise control only to discover it was turn 4 WTF. This resulted in me handing Eric over 700pts. A knight block acting stupid and a warriors unit facing the wrong way.

Oh well, guess I need to keep my head in the game more. It was good times to have so many of us there for the day though.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:13 pm

My game against Tim was a win for me. ended in a massacre

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Guess this report is a little late but me and David (epengr) had a game on saturday. It started out with a first turn miscast for one of my vampire heros, who ended up taking a wound and ending the magic phase prematurely, a stegadon staring down one small unit of 14 ghouls. Turn two started with a stegadon charging my ghouls, and wiping them out, however that was the about all the lizards could muster, as the remaining VC managed to kill everything else on the table by turn 6. Massacre for me, it was our first game.
9-3

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:12 am

Well now that my warhammer blood lust has been satiated I can report on the goings on. This Saturday saw quite a few games being played with about six guys at the den throughout the day.

Dwarf Lord Alrik Rey Enano took his first challenge against Pud's Bretts. Pud had two units of knights on his left flank which turned tail in the face of three bolt throwers on a hill with a support group of warriors. The knights still took severe casualties and one fled off the table.

My gyrocoptor caused his archers to flee off the tables and did damage to a block of halbediers. My runesmith paid off in magic again by eating his only spell and his trebuchet inflicted three wounds before blowing up. My thunderers and a bolt thrower were destroyed on the left side which led to a fight between Alrik's hammerers and a group of knights which were sent fleeing but rallied turn six. On the same side my unit of mercenary ogres stood off against his pegasus knights and general on hippogryph.

Neither was fully painted and Alrik left the feild with brettonian waste on his boots. Massacre for me and the second time we have played.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 am

Don and I played again against each other in what looked like a solid for me until his general with some knights took out all my bolt throwers to gain a point advantage. I also ate one of Don's spells early and shot his eagle, chariot and bolt throwers up before they died. With all Don's terrible rolling (and I mean epic wiffs) we still only managed a draw with Don ahead by about a hundred.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:43 pm

you bet, good times were had. Its always better a group gets together for some games.

I managed to get in a couple of games. Game 1 I squared off against Don's new Highelves army. Don played really well, I played really badly. Magic and shooting really hurt me badly this game. I threw the towel into the ring turn 5 when my general with deamon sword failed to kill anyone. 9 str6 and 2 str5 attacks anyone. It was an epic fail for team chaos. Massacre for Don

Game 2 I squared off against Dom with his fresh tombKing army. Dom tried to quickly take the fight out of me by charging his tombking with chariot and flail of skulls into my chaos knights. Much wiffage ensued and his ancient king became just another bag of bones. This freed the knights up who then went on a rampage into his flanks.......did I mention they had been blessed with an extra attack from the warshrine. Twisted Evil There was nothing Dom could do at that point. Massacre for me.

There were other games.....I need details to update the ladder.

On another note I am sick and tired of playing with unpainted figs so I have vowed to get my Chaos army done pronto.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:32 am

you bet, good times were had. Its always better a group gets together for some games.
Absolutely great time. Thanks for the drinks afterwards and it shows that Warhammer is greater than the sum of it's parts. I will definitely drive up to play 3 good games (I won -- more to follow) and have a few "squalies" with friends. ( Wondered where that name came from, didn't ya'? Very Happy )
I managed to get in a couple of games. Game 1 I squared off against Don's new Highelves army. Don played really well, I played really badly. Magic and shooting really hurt me badly this game. I threw the towel into the ring turn 5 when my general with deamon sword failed to kill anyone. 9 str6 and 2 str5 attacks anyone. It was an epic fail for team chaos. Massacre for Don

Thas' right. High elves are covered in gangsta' colours, chewing bubblegum and taking names. I think in that game, my HE's loved me more than the Warriors loved Carson. I used to play Chaos and I'm still amazed at how tough a Chaos Wizard is. I don't think it was generalship as things just worked out for me. I didn't have a list in mind as I just brought one unit of everything to see what I liked and found that by doing that I had a counter point to almost everything. My magic was pretty strong as I used metal lore against him and I think the Dragon's Den walls still echo with the sound of "I hate Sprit of the Forge!!!" Serendipity is pretty cool.....ask Jar Jar Binks.

Don and I played again against each other in what looked like a solid for me until his general with some knights took out all my bolt throwers to gain a point advantage. I also ate one of Don's spells early and shot his eagle, chariot and bolt throwers up before they died. With all Don's terrible rolling (and I mean epic wiffs) we still only managed a draw with Don ahead by about a hundred.
A draw in my favour over those ridiculous stunties. How dare those short furry guys outshoot high Elves with a ton of strength 7 Bolt throwers. I got nervous as after turn one I had quite a few dead models collected. My rolls weren't quite that bad, but they were bad enough that I thought about this game on the way home. I also played like somebody hit me in the head with a shovel. I think that in no less than 3 turns I didn't move my archers so they could shoot. I think I did this out of spite, stupidity, etc..but that was just the little mistakes I made through the game. And for the record, my Swordmasters, DragonPrinces and Whitelions only used 2-sided dice during the game. My god, they rolled so bad they must have been tired after the 2 MASSACRES they just dished out!! Game was a draw.

I played Pud (Bretts) first and massacred the poor Knights and I have to say Pud took it like a champ, although, I dare someone to go up to him and say "speed of Asuryan" and see what happens. Make sure I'm there to watch it though... tongue My magic is what really worked against him. I rolled fury of Khaine on both wizards and the 2d6, strength 4 spells just made Knights disappear. I really enjoy playing Darren as he's eager to learn and locks things in the vault (brain) to fix his mistakes.

Really looking forward to having another day of needling Carson to finish painting that gorgeous Chaos army that I'm going to buy from him, having yet another fun/awesome game with Andre -- we always seem to finish at/near a draw, and beating some more Bretts -- whether it's Pud or Nathan. 2 Massacres and a draw...slept/drank well that night. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Myself and david had a game on saturday as well. it was a for me
Dom 2
David 2

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm

EDIT: Oops, I gues Zack's not in the League... So that's 2 points for an ex-league game?

My first victory in the league!

It's only a minor victory, although against Zack, a very worthy opponent.

Lizardmen versus Lizardmen with very simular armies resulted in a throw-down at center field with a few surrounding skirmishes. Luckily one of Zacks Cold One Cav units decided to play dum for most of the game, making a weak showing in turn 6 to vanquish 4 skinks. As a result I had the edge in the early turns and I managed to destroy overwhelm his Temple Guard and slay his Slann and Scar Vet in turn 6 which tipped the balance in my favour.

Minor Victory for me 6-4.

Last edited by epengr on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 am

Well I still don't have an answer for magic. In what turned out to be a tragic loss the dwarfs lost more than 2200 pts after festus took double victory points runing down some longbeards with bsb. Complete decimation for Eric in our fourth match.

In a lesser loss with lots of magic my dwarfs succumbed to a minor loss against Nathan's VC. I finally took his general out thanks largely to my gyrocoptor in turn six but by then he had peicemealed my units capturing four sticks and winning by 525 pts. this was our first match.

So I believe it is
Eric 7 me 2
Nathan 7 me 5

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:17 pm

So Bob and his Dark Elves decided to try an impart some of his wisdom upon Nicodemus and I. We took him 2 on 1 in the Last Stand scenario, he had his 2000 pts in the middle and we each came in with 2000 pts from either side. Me with my Lizards and Nicodemus with his Chaos Dwarfs.

The starnge new (old?) Chaos Dwarfs freaked out the the Elves and they commited the majority of their forces towards their side, managing to inflict over 1000 pts worth on damage including slaying their general, and desmantling several war machines.

The Lizards faired better, losing a few troop and, sadly, their Scar Veteran.

In the end, the allies lost over 1250 pts, more than half of what the Elves brought to the table, resulting in a draw.

Does that give Bob and I a couple points each, I guess? Or 5-5 for the tie??? I believe Bob was fully painted too.

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 pm

it will be 2 for each of you as Nicodemus is not in the league.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:19 am

Fair enough Smile

Carson wrote:it will be 2 for each of you as Nicodemus is not in the league.

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top