Spring league reporting thread.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spring league reporting thread.

Post  Carson on Thu May 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey Guys I'm missing the results of Don's games over the weekend?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 13, 2010 9:45 pm

I had a draw with Dom. Neither of us were painted.

I think Andre got a solid victory against me. Neither painted.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

any one skulking around for a game.

Post  Rockn J on Fri May 14, 2010 3:25 pm

I sure wouldnt mind a game aon fri or sat if anyone is looking for a fresh victim. On sat it would have to be early on though as I m going out of town in the evening.

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm

I would be up for a game later this evening.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah sure. Hows 6-630 sound

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri May 14, 2010 4:50 pm

6:30 would be fine.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 pm

My game against Jeremy ended with a single unit of Dark Elves on the table staring down a lot of angry chaos models from every possible direction.

Massacre for me, it's the second time we've played, Jeremy was fully painted, so:
7 for Eric
2 for Jeremy.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat May 15, 2010 4:31 pm

me and andre had a game today, it was aladder challange and i defended my spot. the game was a draw

Dom 4
Andre 4

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ben and Jeremy

Post  Rockn J on Sat May 15, 2010 4:42 pm

ended up winning but not befor 8 lowsy skinks of all creatuers beat down my kights and reclaimed a captured banner. My cold ones must have turned on me when they were put up against other lizards.
Jeremy-9
Ben-2

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ben the kid is back on Sat May 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Rockn J wrote:ended up winning but not befor 8 lowsy skinks of all creatuers beat down my kights and reclaimed a captured banner. My cold ones must have turned on me when they were put up against other lizards.
Jeremy-9
Ben-2

ah fine times

ben the kid is back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun May 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Ben hasn't joined the league here so 2 points awarded for a "specials" match

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Sun May 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Oh sorry, Didnt realise that, Guess i should have asked.

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Tue May 18, 2010 10:37 pm

I beat Andre tonight.I just had too many little flighty units to fight head on. And dwarfs just couldnt run fast enough to force the fight. We've played befor but this one was a lader battle. Solid win. I was fully painted (1 bonus point at a time. He he)
Jeremy-9
Andre-3

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Nathan, his brother, Andre and i had a game tonight. it was quite the game with lots of back and forth turns all game long, me and Andre couldn't roll dice that goo either, with the mass amount of attacks my warriors pumped out i didn't cause many wounds before Armour saves yet! the final turn had a tree man and a rhinox rider fighting it out.

the game ended in a minor victory for Nathan and his brother
2 points for everyone cheers

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 pm

Nathan A and my self had a game tonight. the empire bid their time and approached things as carefully as possible and even set up a great combo charge with 5 of my units, but the dice said different and failed 2 fear tests on a 9 leaving the "weaker" units all alone. my shooting managed to kill a unit of skeletons during turn 6from almost start to finish, but he shook off 5 tuns by raising what i killed in one turn. Nathan managed to get 2 killing blows on my lord and beat 2 units in the same combat down. after losing my leadership i thought i was done but after that i don't think i lost a single combat (thanks to a musician mind). it was a close game but ended with a minor victory for myself. it was a ladder challenge and i took his spot, and it was our second time playing each other.

Dom 8 ( Its 2 for wining a ladder challenge right??)
Nathan 4

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 28, 2010 8:22 pm

the only thing you get for winning a ladder challenge is the spot. 6-4 ( minor 6 plus 1 ladder, -1 for 2nd time playing)

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat May 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Dom's Empire clashed with an outlying group of Andre's Dwarfs on patrol near the East gate today. I took turn one and my four bolt trowers did what they do best and mulch up units, Dom's two cannons were insignificant in todays game.

My gyrocoptor scored a nice hit taking 8 souls off his unit of 35 spearmen but fled a charge and subsequently was run down by a mount that had its rider shot off.

Doms Rhinox rider, managed to kill a unit of thunderers sustaining two wounds himself while the thunderers finished off the last of a unit of knights.

close combats didn't get initiated until too late to have any point sway the game ended in a draw with the Dwarfs ahead by less than one hundred points. 4 points each.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat May 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Nathan R and my self had a game today. from the get go it wasn't looking good for me, but i managed to pull through in the end. at the end of the game Nathan admitted that he was a bit to eager and charged in to soon. i managed to get a block of swordsmen on his flank spelled the doom for 3 units of knights. i would say that the MVP award for this game would have to go this his BSB who managed to help kill and run down my general and his unit, chased down my captain on an imperial Pegasus, killed 5 knights and a cannon crew while he was running from the rest of my army! solid victory for me it was the second time we played Nathan was fully painted and used up his wild-card challenge.

Dom 7
Nathan 4

In my game vrs Andre i had 2 cannons and 2 units of crossbowmen holding down a table quarter all game, i think the combine kill total for all of them was 2! my canons did not have a good target all game long so they just didn't fire. like Andre said combat didn't prove anything although i won the 1 big combat we had like 4 times and he never ran!! Damm dwarfs are hard to move Rolling Eyes

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun May 30, 2010 6:55 pm

David (epengr) and i had a game today, the lizards clashed with the empire and the empire sent the few remaining lizards packing. i was quite surprised when turn six in a desperate effort his slann brought out a flaming sword caused a few wounds on my thunder lord and made him run. Massacre for me, and it was our first time playing.
Dom 9
David 3

after that Nathan A and i had a game just for fun, his beasts vrs my Tomb kings, TK took the field
Dom 2
Nathan 2

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Just so it's clear, I have joined the league - dues paid.

Kuyp wrote:I was quite surprised when turn six in a desperate effort his slann brought out a flaming sword caused a few wounds on my thunder lord and made him run.

Oddly, when I got home and told my girlfriend about how I whipped out my flaming sword and gave his thunder lord the what-for, it didn't go over so well... Shocked

Thanks for the game, Dom! Smile

Anyone else want 9 points?

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Massacred Andre for the third time this league.

He burnt his wildcard, which made this a ladder battle I guess.

7-2 for me.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 am

Bob and I had a game tonight, solid victory for bob, as well as the first time we played eachother, I think bob was fully painted
Dom 4
Bob 9

anrdre also had a game vrs david minor victory for andre, first time they played
andre 7
david 5

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:17 pm

[quote="Kuyp"]Bob and I had a game tonight, solid victory for bob, as well as the first time we played eachother, I think bob was fully painted
Dom 4
Bob 9
I was only 95% painted. It was a good game. Very much a game of unit placement, positioning and movement, a thinking game more so than a hack and slash.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Darren and i had a game tonight, the brets charged in and ran right back ! for some odd reason or another his Hippogriff and a hero on a royal Pegasus got caught up on a unit of swordsmen and ended up fleeing after 3 rounds of fighting then got shot down in a hail of crossbows and lead shot. the game was a massacre for me and it was the first time we played.
Dom 9
Darren 3

thanks for the game and welcome to the league

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 am

Andre and i had a game and found out what happens when 2 units that refuse to run from combat fighting it out, i had a unit of inner circle knights with kurt helborg charge in to a block of 26 hammerers with a Dwarf lord on shield bearers and a thane bsb. from the start of turn 2 right up until the end of turn 6, at the end only kurt hellborg and 2 hammerers were left alive. it was kinda funny seeing the 2 units stubborn on a 9 with a bsb handy on both sides. other than that the empire managed to out shoot the dwarfs( or achieve more ).but his 2 bolt throwers, 2 organ guns and 2 units of thunderers did manage to kill quite a bit of troops at least 10 knights and 30 or so spear men, big losses but my shooting managed to kill a unit and a half of thunders 1 and a half organ guns and some other crew, all by crossbow shots!

the game ended in a minor victory for me and we have played each other before.

Dom 5
Andre 3

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top