Citadel Washes -Thoughts?-

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Citadel Washes -Thoughts?-

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Anyone else rush out and scoop up the new citadel wash set? They're dsicontinuing the ink range in favor of these. At first I was a little disheartened because I've been using a lot of real thin ink washes for a lot of stuff lately but I had been using even more thinned paint washes as time wore on.

I really like 'em. I can't say I have any experience yet using the primary colors from the set or even the green and purple stuff too much, but the dirty black and brown washes are fantastic. I have really used them in a lot of terrain stuff lately and they really produce good game quality stuff fast. One shot of paint and a wash of whatever and away you go!

Devlan Mud is my new wonder weapon against painting laziness. I've never really given over to black lining my stuff but I usually try to leave some of the black undcercoat in between joins of colors anyway. Sometimes out of laziness there'll be a spot that has neither primer or undercoat on it in real fidgety spots. I used to try and ink it up but ink didn't really adhere well to the pewter/plastic, but the washes do. Hooray!

So anyway, I reccomend them. Especially if anyone needs some shortcuts to pound out minatures for the upcoming Ravening Hordes Army Challange!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Citadel Washes -Thoughts?-

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:30 pm

I've found the same thing, the new washes really perform quite better than the old inks...kinduv along the same lines as the foundation paints, which are fantastic!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 pm

I find in some cases they work too well, the flesh wash tends to make my Elves look like they spent too much time out on the beaches of some tropical island. I end up watering it down quite a bit but other than that I like them

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:12 pm

b.kevinsen wrote:I find in some cases they work too well, the flesh wash tends to make my Elves look like they spent too much time out on the beaches of some tropical island. I end up watering it down quite a bit but other than that I like them

Well good to hear you're making progress on the elves!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top