Empire characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Empire characters

Post  Mhael on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:12 pm

I have a bunch of empire models that I am trying to make into a feasible army list.
Right now I have:
20 swordsmen full command
20 halbediers full command
12 handgunners
12 handgunners
12 handgunners
Steam Tank

So questions: Is it better to take two wizards or a wizard and a warrior priest?
I plan on taking two Captains one as BsB should they be mounted even if in rnf?
I have 23 barded horses no figs attached but probably lances?
I have 20 fast cavalry horse which could be pistoliers or outriders?
I have a hellblaster volleygun, and mortar (but don't think either is very effective) thoughts?
Are any of the special Characters worth point value (I like Kurt Helborg and Ludwig Schwarzhelm)?

My plan is to have two regiments one from Nuln, (dark colors shooty) and Reikland (at least three units of knightly orders). Eventually I will get some greatswords to bulk up my army. Also I will most likely field one unit of handgunners as detachments per block unit and if I get models would trade the third handgunners for scout skirmish archers. Should I have a counter charging unit on my block units other side?

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Empire characters

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:40 pm

I toyed with the idea of making an Empire army, the problem I had was that there are just so many choices. Making 2 armies might be the way to go though. Make sure you pick color schemes that work well with each other so that you can mix and match down the road.

As for warrior priests vs wizards, I'd go with the warrior priests, they are much more versatile since they fill the role of a combat character as well. They aren't as good at either but it is a more efficient way to spend your points.

A captain with a BSB is also pretty important, I wouldn't necessarily put him on a horse but it is a good way to get a decent boost to the armour save. I think that lances are the way to go with knights. I'd make 1 unit of outriders and the rest pistoliers but it all depends on what you want to use them for as they fill quite different roles in the army.

As for the rest, I have no idea. Carson is probably the best one to talk empire with.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Here is my list so far I believe that it is legal
Captain General full plate barded mount sheild 50 pts of items 124pts
Captain Bsb full plate barded mount 50 pts of items 122 pts
Battle Wizard lvl 2 50 pts of items (likely speculum) 150 pts
Battle wizard lvl 2 50 pts of items (likely rod of power) 150 pts

20 swordsmen full command 145 pts
20 halberdiers full command 145 pts
3 units of 12 handgunners 96 per 288 pts

3 units of 7 Inner Circle Knights full command 222 per 666pts (is that an omen or what)

Steam Tank (fluff) 300 pts
Helblaster volleygun 110 pts

Works out to 2200 even and should fill the right spots Knights are special if inner circle.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top