Use of Dogs of War

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Use of Dogs of War

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:52 pm

What is the consensus for using Dogs of War and Ogre Kingdoms with the newer army books? GW site clearly states who can us giants. With Ogres and DoW site says lists with appropriate listed slot, new books do not have a DoW slot anymore. Does the RH group (in house games) want to allow mercenaries as a rare(2 in case of Man eaters) keeping all lists(new and old) on same footing?

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Use of Dogs of War

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:01 pm

robert gonda wrote:What is the consensus for using Dogs of War and Ogre Kingdoms with the newer army books? GW site clearly states who can us giants. With Ogres and DoW site says lists with appropriate listed slot, new books do not have a DoW slot anymore. Does the RH group (in house games) want to allow mercenaries as a rare(2 in case of Man eaters) keeping all lists(new and old) on same footing?

I think army books that no longer allow for DoW choices (I think that's all the new 7th ed.) can still take Giants, Ogres, or anything else GW publishes because of the rules that come with the appropriate rules for those monsters. e.g. I think in the OK book it just lays it out that any of these units can be taken in an army for the appropriate points cost and rare choices (like 2 for maneaters).

SO to sum up they're still perfectly legal as far as I know. What you can't do now is take the DoW cannon you've always wanted in your chaos army. Lumpin Croop is now out of a job!

That's not out league rules though. I'm sure any of us would let you use whatever. I just think the official word is that OK and Giants are still used as written in their entries.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Yes you now must refer to the OK or DOW lists/book for legal use.

Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:34 pm

I have heard from Gav on other forums that the rules for the Dogs of War are to be found in their individual unit entries. As such, it was unnecessary for the new army books to say that Dogs of War/Regiments of Renown can be taken as a Rare choice. It was particularly stupid in the past because many of the units were available as special choices. So it just makes it easier to understand.

Yes they are still available, as per their stated availability in their own unit listing.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. I like to mix in the occasional mercenary unit for fun(not like I'm going to win the game) but don't want to run afoul of the rules which keep changing as with Choas mortals and beasts. Plus i paid good money for the figs (based on the last edition.) so I want to be able to use the bastards.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top