Khorne Daemons vs. DarkElves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Khorne Daemons vs. DarkElves

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Rob Francis (Dark Elves) and I played a 2200 point game for the other Moose Jaw boys to show them how this game runs. Both armies painted and the terrain looked great. This game sure does go up a notch if there is good presentation.

Rob, brought a very, very magic light army:

Fighty general (strength = X2 toughness, ward save) in a big block of Black Guard w/ASF, stubborn.
lvl 2 Sorceress (spells 1,6)
tricksey assassain, with st 7 throwing stars (In a unit of shades...tricksey Twisted Evil )
2 units X 10 repeaters
Harpies
2 X Bolt throwers
2 X Chariots
Good ol' Hydra

For those who haven't played my list: Khorne Daemons

Herald on Jugger, armour Khorne, Firestorm blade
16 Bloodletters, full command - skull totem

Herald on Jugger, armour Khorne, Firestorm blade, BSB, standard Chaos Glory (awesome cheesy banner)
16 Bloodletters, full command - skull totem

Herald on foot, armour Khorne
17 Bloodletters, full command - skull totem

5 Fleshhounds
5 Fleshhounds

8 Furies

3 BloodCrushers

3 BloodCrushers

Of course, not much on the first turn for each of us. Rob's second turn had his Sorceress cast the #6 big template, strength test spell. 17 dice later he did only one wound to my big BSB unit. Wrong spell for this army Cool She tried this a couple of times in the game with no results. The boltthrowers did 2 awesome 6 bolt shots on my Crushers and the Daemonic ward shrugged them off like ants. This would set the tone for the rest of the battle against Don "ward save" Matwe. Rob is still in the hospital recovering from the stroke he had from me calling -- and making, my ward saves. My turn 2 had me making only one charge with the Fleshhounds on my right flank rushing towards his Shades. He decided to stand and shoot, which I thought was odd, but found out why when his assassain popped out, whiffed, Hounds feasted and ran down the Shades. Rob remembered later that his ASSassain had the strength 7 darts which should have been used in the shooting phase. Guess that's what you get for not playing very often Wink . Rob's turn 3 had him charging his chariot at Crushers who couldn't quite hide behind some Furies, and the other Chariot charging a lone Crusher who was right beside my generals unit. The Chariot on my left rolled 6 impact and Crushers practically disappeared. The Chariot on the right did 1 impact and later received a charge as my general popped out to smash the Chariot to bits. The center of the table had his Blackguard charge my BSB unit and I thought I might be in trouble with the mini Deathstar. The cheesy stubborn banner and ward saves really shine and his unit receives a counter charge from my 18 unit with Herald. Challenges happen everywhere and he's slowly taking my champs away, when the Hydra, who's been lurking around as Rob knows I have strength 7 Flaming attacks, charges the flank of my BSB unit hoping to kill my BSB, who's been avoiding challenges by feeding the Dark Elves lesser chumps. Hydra bounces, Rob punches 3 friends over 0+ armour and ward rant, Hydra runs and is later caught by my lone general on Jugger. Deathstar unit is down to general and he finally kills my BSB, but loses to res and is ran down. There was really nothing of substance left of his army and I was setting up some charges, so we decided to shut it down as the fellows who were watching the game got the point.

I really enjoy playing Rob as he's a tactician, rarely takes an unnecessary risk and won't make a move unless he's certain he's in the favour. He really makes you earn a win. Having said that, it wasn't my playing that won, but the obscene amount of ward/armour saves that I made. Oh ya', and stubborn Daemons should get you a punch in the face.

The other fellows that showed up to learn the game, got pretty amped and had already bought more models in their mind! Looks like we may end up with quite a pool of players in Moose Jaw. It'll be nice to make a trip with a car-full of armies.

rules question: If a unit with Hatred is in combat and is charged by another unit, is that counted as a new combat and Hatred in reinstated? Both armies having hatred everywhere, with multiple unit combats had us scratching our heads.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Khorne Daemons vs. DarkElves

Post  Carson on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:20 pm

ah yeah. Deamons can eat my balls

Rob's army was illegal, only two core.

I've always played that its the first round of a combat. A new unit is just joining the previous combat.

Love Carson Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Rob's army was illegal, only two core.
I was writing that from 'Gibson' memory, so I easily could have forgotten something.

I've always played that its the first round of a combat. A new unit is just joining the previous combat.
That's the way we figured it.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top