Painting! Who wants to get better?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Painting! Who wants to get better?

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 am

Okay, allow me to blow my own horn here....

That was me about two years ago

That's me today. The online painting thing has done wonders for my painting. There is a great community over on a forum called WAMP that I am a big part of.

Very friendly crowd, lots of things to help you improve and push as a painter that encourage involvement, not just winning. There's a few of us over there. Nathan posts there. Carson and Don are both members.

The advantage is that it's a place where you can learn tips and tricks from people who are very good at what they do. You can get advice from all sorts of levels and it's a decent place.

Brett, the guy who runs the joint has also offered to set up a sub forum for us Saskatoon types. I don't know that it's neccessary but if people think that'd be fun then why not.

Pushing the painting level of my own stuff has been a lot of fun. It continues to be very rewarding. I was given a tip early on, and it was a golden piece of advice. Painting a model to the very best of your ability doesn't mean you can't continue to pound out armies. That dude reccomended I just set aside one character and painted that mini a little bit every session, and really worked on it. But I sense a ramble coming on. Or maybe that's just the Taco Time from lunch.

So basically this is an invitation for anybody who wants to head over and poke around. Or post here if you've got questions or thoughts. I have really, really enjoyed being part of the global painting village. If I can get some of the good people here to come over there it'll be all the more fun for all of us!

Here's the link action....

http://wamp-forum.com/VB4/content.php/

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Painting! Who wants to get better?

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:02 pm

It really is a friendly place, I'm not as involved there as Scott is, but whenever I post a mini I get very good comments and suggestions for improvement. I know my painting has improved by being there.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vercamo on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Peter Walls sister moved out 2 weeks ago and since then we have set up a warhammer room and started painting/ making terrain.

but i pretty much suck at painting and we were just talking about really trying to get better so thank you for posting! im gonna sign up in about 2 min

Vercamo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Pat, you're here...good stuff. I too am working at the painting thing, and will be more active on wamp and cmon.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top