Possible Sat March 6?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Sat March 6?

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:39 pm

It's possible that I may come up on the above date, get some games in and let the wife do some Saskatoon shopping. Is anyone up for a game? I'd like to get at least 2 games in, maybe 3 time permitting. There have been a few of the lads that have been ducking me so maybe it's time to man up and face the music! A few rematches may be in order...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Sat March 6?

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm

Nope, I'll be in Medicine Hat. I think I might actually have most of the weekends booked between now and May so I'm probably out pretty much whenever you decide to come up. I do want to have a game against you sometime though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Absolutely I will be here.

Bring all the minotaurs and I will bring Daemons and cash!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 pm

I think i could play you a game, its about time the dead walk again. I'll be bringing out the tomb KINGS

Laughing

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Well I guess we should set up some times then:

10:30 - 1:00: Eric
1:00 - 3:30 ?
3:30 - 6:00 ?
6:01 Supper and drinks...somewhere.

The last couple of times I noticed that it's hard to relax and hang out playing 3 games. There's the conundrum; I want to play more games, but I don't want to feel rushed, or have the feeling that you're not giving someone your full attention as the next player is setting up on a different table and you're on turn 5.

Regardless, I'll play someone at 10:30 and we'll go from there. Smile

Last edited by squalie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 pm

I'll take the 10:30

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:20 am

hey Dom, you want a game after Eric? TK or OK, it doesn't matter to me!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Ya I'll take the spot right after Eric. i will for sure be rocking the the tomb kings, i think i have had my share of ogres for a good while

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 am

Looking forward to it.

Guys I haven't played lately:

Bob
Geoff
CARSON
Joe
C'mon anyone? Do I smell?
I need a game 3 or a kitten dies....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Don, the high council has granted me leave. I'm in for the 3:30 game.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Sounds like a good day.

So this it what it looks like then:

10:30 - 1:00: Eric - Skaven
1:00 - 3:30: Dom - Tomb Kings
3:30 - 6:00: Carson - Something that wins.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 pm

And I will be playing my first round playoff game against Joe at 1PM. Busy day.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:08 am

I thought I had obligations but turns out I am free from 11 until about 3 if anyone wants a game. I will probably be down at the den to watch some of the games regardless but I will bring my Dwarfs in case.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 am

I came up and was lucky enough to have 4 games in one day! I really appreciate everyone coming out and playing a game.

First game: Khorne Daemons vs. Eric and Skaven - Massacre for me.

Eric gets kudoes for coming out swinging, but his magic and Doomwheels did nada at the start of the game. One Doomwhell was building up speed, but it was too late, bad dice rolls and ward saves out my butt made sure the Khorne God was appeased. As a courtesy, I'll let Eric finish this one.

MVP - Crushers. And killing blow is awesome.

Second game: Khorne Daemons vs. Dom's Tomb Kings - Massacre for Dom.

All the Khorne anger in the world didn't make up for the tricksey TK. Slippery little buggers they is. All my army can do, considering all I have is 2 dispel dice and useless MR, is watch these Egyptian buggers cast incantations to move, shoot and raise with impunity. I was absolutely neutered and Dom was a great sport knowing I was but a spectator in this game. The only thing I had left was my herald general on Jugger sitting on the middle of the table at the end of the game. Maybe he was promoted to Daemon Prince? Is that even a promotion?

MVP - General, as he's the only one who made it out of Dodge city. Strength 7 removes chariots very quickly....just not quickly enough.

Third game: Khorne Daemons vs. Andre and Dwarfs - Draw. Since the first 2 games went so quickly, I had an hour or so before my game with Carson, so Andre stepped up to the plate with his Dwarfs. I admire Andre as he plays his Dwarfs differently than most people are used to -- he moves them forward. Very Happy Both armies met head on in the middle of the table and we gave a lesson on dice rolling, armour saves and ward saves -- really fun stuff. Those stubborn buggers put up a fight, but my 2 units of Crushers and a unit of fleshhounds came around his flank and did very bad things to his Stone thrower and 2 Bolt throwers. We quit on turn 4 as Carson showed up for our game, making it a draw, but the Juggers and Hounds were just building up steam towards the rest of the sturdy Dwarfs.

MVP - Andre's, Stone Thrower. Turn one, One shot, smack dab on the head of my Herald on Jugger, BSB, ST 7, with a 0+ armour save, 5+ ward. One mean dude and all that was left of him was a huge crater where a strength 12! stone had smashed my Jugger right back to the Jugger factory. I certainly didn't like it but it was a very cool moment for Dwarfs. I swear I could hear the cheers from the Dwarfs as I removed the model.
Oh ya', and killing blow is awesome.

Fourth game: Khorne Daemons vs. Carson - Warriors of Chaos. ???

Carson, brought a different list with only one Sorcerer, one Lord on mount, a Warshrine and 3 units of Warriors and 1 unit of Chosen! This looked like it was going to be a Rocky movie and it was. Very fun, back and forth game. I'm going to let Carson tell the story as he's going to post a battle report with pictures. I will say one thing; Have I mentioned that killing blow is awesome? Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top