League playoff game(s)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: League playoff game(s)

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey don't worry about it Nathan, I say the same thing as Don........I was just yanking your chain in the above.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:38 am

nathanr wrote:I do feel kind of bad getting the win this time around. Bob just couldn't get a good dice roll to save his life and I got good rolls all over the place. All that after he had beat me quite badly the first go around, then beat everyone in sportsmanship by realizing a trivial mistake in his list and insisting on making it right. If it didn't take so long to arrange games I'd say we should change the playoff system to be best of 3 but that would just make the playoffs take even longer than they already do.

I might be available this coming weekend for a game too Joe, but my sister is due to have a baby any day now and if she does then this weekend I'll be headed out of town to visit them.

How does this Thursday at 6 sound?

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:40 am

That works for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 am

It was a good game and glad we played it and I am very happy about the result. My dice failed me, my set up was poor and i made some bad tactical errors, mostly I am dissapointed about the dice, good rolling can overcome the other 2 deficencies.. I like the army, with lots of units (no hydra)

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 am

You did have a very cool list Bob, it was nice to see a well-balanced Dark Elf army and it was obvious that you didn't make an army that was built to win at all costs. I think that if you'd ignored my waywatchers or tried charging them (with anything) rather than shooting at them the game would have turned out differently. Of course your dice did not do you any favours!

How did your game with Eric go?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:02 am

Game with Eric went better than I thought but he still got a solid victory out of it. His DOOMWHEELS (emphasis on DOOM)are what really hurt me

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Yah, I didn't really have a good way to deal with them either when I played him earlier in the league. I think dwarven cannons or runed up bolt throwers could work well. The trouble is he has 2, one I can deal with without too much trouble but 2 really ruin your plans.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Ironwoulf wrote:Game with Eric went better than I thought but he still got a solid victory out of it. His DOOMWHEELS (emphasis on DOOM)are what really hurt me

My Doomwheels killed a handful of my own rats, a unit of crossbowmen, a unit of Corsairs and your Black Guard with General. It was pretty much luck that both of my Doomwheels managed to make it into opposite flanks of your Black Guard in the next to last turn of the game. It was certainly my plan to let my Doomwheels, with their impact hits, deal with your ASF, multiple attack, I6 Elves with their unkillable Dreadlord, and I was obliged by circumstances.

I was surprised they didn't get more bolt throwers levelled at them over the course of the game. One of them blundered about in front of a bolt thrower for three turns, yet my other units seemed to be more attractive targets.

I was pretty happy with Queek's unit smashing all sorts of elves, and then enraged when a smattering of of shooting panicked them (on Ld9) and then they failed to rally (on Ld9), which led them off of the table...

Good game, very bloody.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Sounds like a fun one. What are you planning on using next league Eric?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Warriors.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Nice, I think I might give the Bretonnians another spin. I'm going to use this upcoming league to get my wood elves and dwarfs into fighting shape for 8th edition. I don't really need to add much to the dwarfs but the wood elves are going to need a few more core units, plus I picked up more waywatchers and wardancers to paint up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Joe and I had our game tonight and I came out on top! I managed to finish off Joe's general in the third turn which spelt the doom of the undead horde. By the start of my turn 5 all Joe had left was his varghulf which was surrounded on all 4 sides by angry elves and tree spirits. By the end of my turn 5 it was dead. It was a hard fought game though, after Joe's first magic phase I had gone through 6 dispel dice and 3 scrolls and he still managed to raise 8 ghouls.

Thanks for the game Joe, hopefully we'll have a re-match soon!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:39 pm

It was a hard fought game that was played very well by Nathan. He was able to bust through my front lines with a combo charge and get at my tender casting bunker. After the general died the army crumbled without magic support.

Not sure if I will keep the VC train rolling or dust off the wood elves for next league.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Congrats Nathan on taking the title this league. I'm going to get Darren "motivated" to have our trophy updated. I think this the first time that Wood Elves have won the league?

Gets me thinking on what other armies have never won it all.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Congrats Nathan!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:01 am