Jan 30 Demons Vs Dwarfs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jan 30 Demons Vs Dwarfs

Post  Mhael on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:49 pm

So Thane Alrik Rey Enano fought the mono khorne demons in the borderlands of chaos, it was a good day for blood! From left to right: 15 dwarf warriors, 12 thunderers, two bolt throwers, 15 hammerers, 20 slayers with dragon slayer, 20 longbeards with Enano, 15 hammerers in front of 15 dwarf warriors, and 20 longbeards anchoring the line. Don lined this up with 5 fleshounds, 3 juggerknaughts, 18 bloodletters, 16 bloodletters with bsb on juggerknaught, 16 bloodletters with general on juggerknaught, 9 furies, 5 flesh hounds.
I took turn one and advanced most of my troops forward my bolt thrower killed a juggerknaught. Don advanced all his troops forward. Turn two bolt throwers one hit one missed more aligning charges on both sides Don charges one bolt thrower but two crew hold on. Turn three thunderers fail to charge juggerknaughts which destroy crew, Don charges all units. The rest of the game saw my 15 dwarf warriors kill 5 hounds then capture a table quarter, 12 thunderers on a hill took another juggerknaught down but not before they destroyed the other bolt thrower, the thunderers also managed a table quarter. The last juggerknaught on turn six managed a rear charge to help out his generals unit of bloodletters.
My 15 hammerers made their way around some trees to flank his first unit of bloodletters with a hearld which was in combat with my slayers in a gruelling match that seen the slayers wishes granted as all were killed he took a standard. beside them 2 juggerknaughts and some furies in the rear fought Enanos longbeards who managed to win (mostly due to poor generalling err Don forgot a magic standard which would have him test stubborn) and go on to flank Dons bsb unit which had been fighting 15 hammerers both units of dwarfs died. Right next to this Dons Generals unit fought and chased a unit of longbeards off the table earning a banner and my last unit of dwarf warriors held his last unit of hounds killing them all in the end.
The game ended in a minor victory for Don. This was a terrific game lots of fun that came down to dice rolling in a massive full line assault. Next time you come down we'll have to try a larger game.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jan 30 Demons Vs Dwarfs

Post  nathanr on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:17 pm

What was the result of the other two games?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 pm

I brought a Skaven list with no magic and little shooting in an attempt to outfight the Khorne Daemons.

I got the shit kicked out of my and didn't have a single model left at the top of turn 6.

Next time? Gunline.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Evil or Very Mad , Evil or Very Mad , Evil or Very Mad

Had a big post that disappeared when I clicked on a tab to check on a download and the computer froze. I'm going to go pour a drink, kick the dog (kidding) and mellow a bit before I try again. How long is it going to take us to evolve so we can use telepathy? Then I wouldn't have to type. Evil or Very Mad , Evil or Very Mad , Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for everyone that made time in their schedule to game on Saturday.

Seriously, what is this?---> elephant

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 am

Yep, I've had that happen to me before too. It sucks. Sounds like good times were had by all, I wish I could have made it out.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:51 pm

I played Don on saturday, vamps vs demons. I had brought 3 units of 15 skeles, one unit of 10 skeles, 20 grave guard, 5 black knights, 5 blood knights, and 5 dire wolves with 2 vamps, a wight king mounted, and a necro making up my character spots. The game started with me going first, i moved some guys into position, raised some skeles, failed in an attempt to cast winds of undeath, casted gaze of nagash on Dons unit of harpies to kill 4, then passed my turn. Don then proceeded to move some of his guys into position, after doing so he ended his first turn. On my second turn i charged flesh hounds with my black knights and wight king, and charged a unit of bloodcrushers(this may be wrong, but the guys on the juggernaughts). I managed to kill all of the flesh hounds after conbat resolution, and the bloodknights ran through the crushers like nothing, killing them all and overrunning. On Dons second turn he moved his other unit of flesh hounds into position looking right at the back of my black knights, moved some more of his infantry into position, put his furies behind my line, then charged a unit of dire wolves with i believe a unit of crushers, which over ran and ended up in a unit of skeles. On my third turn i turned my black knights to face the flesh hound threat, turned around my bloodknights, and charged one of Dons units of bloodletters with my grave guard(dont quite remember how the combat turned out but i lost it). I also blasted his furies with another gaze that tok them down to 3 strong, preventing them from negating my ranks. The biggest suprise came when my unit of skeles that had been charged by the crushers managed to inflict 3 wounds, very lucky for me. Dons third turn he charged with the remainder of his force, we fought multiple combats, skeles and grave guard taking damage, and after combat res my black kights were all dead, with just the wight king left having two wounds remaining. Turn 4 came with much more skeletons hitting the dirt, including one whole unit, but i did manage to get another charge in with my blood knights finishing off the last unit of crushers, the wight king vs the flesh hounds was a stalemate(another surprise for me), the grave guard managed to survive thanks to massive res'in which beefed them back up to 20 strong after being down to only 4. However 4 turns was all we could manage, the game ended with Don killing 1 unit of skeles, all my black knights, as well as capturing a standard, I managed to kill 6 crushers, 5 flesh hounds and herald. It ended up in a draw favouring the vamps, an awesome game.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 pm

I thought I should mention Nathan, that skirmishing units don't negate ranks. Those Furies were of little threat (as we found out). We also found out that Nathan's Blackguard doesn't have bionic vision (ask Nathan Laughing ) Was a good game and I'm prepared for the rematch!

All in all, a good collection of skulls at the end of the day. Khorne was so impressed he treated me to Whiskey after the long drive home.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Sounds like good times, wish I could of been their to face your Deamons Don. Nathan A, we have to get a game in soon, too!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 am

Oh I'm learning stuff all the time. Yeah Carson sounds like a plan, i can't wait to beat down some chaos chumps Wink.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top