I love Canada

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I love Canada

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 pm

It's beer or death for me. Whisky is what happens when I can't find anything else. Gin.... gin and me don't talk to each other anymore.

But truthfully I am not a sip and savor kind of drinker anyway. MY favorite kind of beer? Empty.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Also, if anyone enjoys rum (Carson said something about Appeltons) you should really try Brugal Extra Viejo. It is the best rum I've ever had. The only place I've found it is in the Dominican Republic though. Luckily the in-laws go pretty much every year and they always bring back lots.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:47 pm

I tried some Zaya rum over the holidays and it was pretty fabulous.

No idea as to its cost, the bottle looked impressive. It was perfect straight and tasted a bit like Scotch.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Kuyp wrote:What are some of the groups you listen to?
Hey i didn't know that Apocalyptica was from finland Shocked their awesome!
I'm not a big metal fan myself, actually. The melodic Nightwish and the more progressive CMX are some of the slightly "harder" finnish bands I like. Then I'm into classic rock, singer-songwriter stuff, brit pop and a bunch of bands I guess one would tag alternative. But relatively main stream, the whole of it.

If you're into metal and want to check out finnish bands, there's lot to choose from. Biggest melodic metal bands are Nightwish, Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius. Technical, more hardcore stuff we have Children of Bodom (quite big on your side of the Atlantic too, I've heard) and Stam1na. And then good ones in between are Sentenced, Amorphis, HIM and indeed Apocalyptica.

nathanr wrote:I thought you were talking about the mixed drink black velvet. I just typed it into Google and it came up as half guinness and half champagne. I thought it was a bit wierd in a thread about how you love Canada but whatever! Now that I know it is a whiskey it makes so much more sense! I can't say I've had it either but with an ad like that I might have to give it a shot!
Very Happy That explains the initial "never had it but sounds interesting" comment. Champagne and guinness? Very Happy They just mix anything don't they... And yeah, what a pimpalicious ad for the whiskey! It does suit the taste, though.

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Wow, what a great game! Congrats guys, there is no doubt which the greatest hockey nation is right now. Like a Star @ heaven cheers Like a Star @ heaven

Awesome, beautiful hockey throughout the tournament...

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 pm

And grats on the Bronze!

I hated that third period. But MAN!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:08 pm

I like hockey at the best of times, but Olympic hockey is always so fun to watch. No fighting, few penalties, and always moving fast.

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top