Jan Tourny list

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jan Tourny list

Post  Ironwoulf on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:12 pm

So here goes. I opted out from the Chaos DragonLord, all cav with a unit of mauraders for this list

Marauders, HW LAS - 20
MArauders ' GW LAS - 15
Horsemen fast ca - 5
Horsemen light ca - 10
dogs - 5
warriors - 15
Chaos knights - 5
dragon ogres - 4
spawns - 2

nice thing is most are already painted

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jan Tourny list

Post  Mhael on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:58 am

Here is my dwarf comp list

Dwarf Lord Alrik Rey Enano with sheildbearers
Enano`s Bodyguard Hamerers GW HW HA FC S 15
Enano`s Longbeards GW HW HA FC 20
Karak Enano`s Dwarf Warriors HW HA S FC 20
Stonehold Longbeards GW HW HA FC 20
Stonehold Dwarf Warriors HW HA S FC 24
Here is where some adjustment may be made
Either 6 runed up make a unit of my choice disappear each turn of firing bolt throwers
or drop 4 dwarf warriors 2 bolt throwers and opt for a cannon and a unit of thunderers
or drop four warriors and 2 bolt throwers some runes and take 2 rare choices organ gun gyrocoptor or flame cannon
right now I am sticking to 6 bolt throwers but will have to get 4 more actual models. Anyone looking to sell some bolt throwers.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:08 pm

6 bolt throwers will loose some comp but will most definitely not make you any friends. Very Happy

Try to fit in a bsb as for a dwarf army it is essential. I've never seen an army loose completely to shooting. Once they do hit your lines you still have to beat them in combat. I remember a little story on hear about "turn 6 is a bitch"......................

Bob what you thinking of for Characters?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Bolt throwers are effective but 6 seems excessive, especially if you rune them up. It is a nasty list though, I'd say try it out a couple times in the league and if people start calling you names or not wanting to play you then you have your answer! Carson speaks the truth about a BSB. with runes you can make him a very dangerous combat character as well.

Bob your list looks good, fast and manouverable. I think your unit of warriors will get left in the dust but will probably be good for holding a flank and/or protecting your rear.

If I could come to the tournament I probably would have taken my Bretonians actually.

Lord on royal pegasus
Hero on royal pegasus
Level 1 damsel on steed
Hero on barded warhorse with the battle standard

5 knights of the realm - full command
6 knights of the realm - full command
6 knights errant - full command
15 skirmishing peasant bowmen

Grail Reliquae with 24 grail pilgrims
3 pegasus knights - full command
3 pegasus knights - full command

5 grail knights - full command

It doesn't score really well in comp. but it isn't terrible either (5/10) plus it would work alright for the scenarios I think (pretty much every unit has a banner, it is fast and manouverable and not magic-dependant). I'm still going to keep painting the new units on the off-chance that I am able to make the tournament but I'm not too hopeful.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

This is my list....if I get it painted. If not then Beasts for the win!!

Herald of Khorne on Jugger

Herald of Khorne on Jugger

20 Bloodletters - Sta, Mus
5 Furies
5 Furies
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
3 Bloodcrushers
3 Bloodcrushers

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:28 am

My Tomb Kings list has..
Tomb King
Liche priest
Liche priest
Icon bearer
20 Skeleton warriors, full comand, hand weapon + shield
4 Chariots, Banner
4 Chariots, Banner
Tomb Swarm
20 Tomb Gaurd, full comand
Tomb Scorpion
Bone Giant or 2 Screaming Skull Catapults (not 100% sure yet)

Nothing to nasty, but should make for some interesting games if my crazy ideas Work Very Happy
what do other people's lists score in the comp rating??
my list gets a 10/10, and a 9/10 if i decide to swap out the giant for 2 SSC

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Both of those lists look pretty solid, big blocks of infantry, some quick dangerous stuff and some harrassing units.

The Daemon list looks especially dangerous, those bloodcrushers are pretty mean and the flesh hounds and furies should do well at screening and harrassing while the bloodletters get into place for the kill.

For the Tomb Kings I'd go with the bone Giant but 2 catapults could work well if you get some good shots off.

There is the possibility for some pretty interesting games with both armies.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm

yeah I like both lists. Squalies looks like a friendly deamon list and Doms looks really solid. I'd keep the Bone giant and single Skull Catapult IMHO. Bone giant is a great unit. I might swap one of skeleton blocks for 2 units of skeleton archers. They could be indispensible for knocking out opposing fast cav and lone characters.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Ya i'm not totaly sure about the giant / 2X ssc they both have there jobs thats for sure, but i'm thinking im going to see more fast moving foes, and the ssc don't like that so much, i may just bring the giant cause i NEVER use him so it would be fun to play a few games with him on the board.

good point on the skeleton archers as well, i dont think i would colapse the unit though just make it so they have bows instead, then they can act as a tarpit if nessary.

also i will be fully painted by the time tournament comes around!

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Good News Everyone! I used my ultra-persuasiveness to get free for the tournament! Expect to see my poor-composition-scoring Bretonnians on the 10th!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:27 pm

that is awesome. The real question is WHAT exactly did you have to do or promise to waggle that. Speaking from experience that is. Very Happy

Dom, 2 units of 10 rather than 1 single one of 20 gives you a greater number of shots plus you can target more units than a single one can. You already have 3 big tarpits. 20 shots always hitting on 5's is more than enough for me to think twice about running single characters around. It can even dish out pain to alot of weaker faster units. A single unit will give you 5 or maybe 10 shots a turn.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Good to hear you can make it to the tournament now nathan!!

Carson wrote:
Dom, 2 units of 10 rather than 1 single one of 20 gives you a greater number of shots plus you can target more units than a single one can. You already have 3 big tarpits. 20 shots always hitting on 5's is more than enough for me to think twice about running single characters around. It can even dish out pain to alot of weaker faster units. A single unit will give you 5 or maybe 10 shots a turn.
my main concern with having unit of 10 archers is that they are a 1 purpose only unit that have to have room to deploy and then have to be able to see what i want to shoot on top of that, also (fear test pending) even fast cav will tear through 10 skeletons no problem. i like multi purpose units. i could have 20 warriors with bows in a tight knot and when i want to shot something ill just reform them in the movement phase this way i can get either 5,10,15,or 20 shots depending on my target, shoot them in the magic phase, see what the result is from there and if needed shoot them all again in the shooting or reform them in the magic phase back to a solid tar pit. A possible 40 shots a turn from one unit is plenty scarey! ..... But then again that is theory hammer and there are always more “unknown” variables involved (like DD and scroll's).

I totally understand what your saying though about having 2 groups of 10 though and its something i 'm having problems with while trying to figure out how I'm going to play Empire; deployment, LOS and now Ballistic skill are all things i have to pay closer attention to.

Oh and I wish people would run their characters all alone when going against my tomb kings ... gives my scorpion something to play with Basketball

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Carson wrote:that is awesome. The real question is WHAT exactly did you have to do or promise to waggle that. Speaking from experience that is. Very Happy

I just convinced her to move the party to Saturday instead of Sunday. It may mean that I miss out on Rock Band and drinks Saturday night but I can't have it all I guess.

Dom I think Carson is onto something with the 2 units of 10 archers, if you keep your spellcasters close you can always raise skeletons back in if the unit gets charged. Units of 10 skeletons are easy to kill yes, but it will also help you in the deployment phase since you will have 2 more units to place allowing you to see how your opponent is deploying before you have to put down anything really decisive. Your plan seems good too, but remember that the magic phase is before the shooting phase so you won't be able to reform your unit into a block after shooting until your next turn. I think if you aren't going to go with 2 units of 10 you should just leave the army as is without any units of bow-armed skeletons.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:59 am

This is the list I was thinking of at the moment, may go with my original list with low comp score(who needs core when you can raise it?).

Vamp Lord
Vamp hero

16 Ghouls x3
20 Zombies x2
5 Dire Wolves x3

5 Black Knights x2
5 Fellbats

5 Blood Knights

Gets a score of 8/10. 900 core is too much when you can raise it and a vampire lord has 200 points of magic items by himself with bloodline powers.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:13 pm

The Daemon list looks especially dangerous, those bloodcrushers are pretty mean and the flesh hounds and furies should do well at screening and harrassing while the bloodletters get into place for the kill.

Actually Nathan, this is almost as soft a Daemon list as it gets. Mono Khorne is generally considered the weakest. The unit that everyone hates is the Flesh hounds, while the Bloodcrushers look a lot worse than they actually are. I'd love a Tzeentch Daemon army but they are absolutely broken; Played Mono-Slaanesh but it's rediculous and boring and Scott did the Nurgle thing -- so here we are with Khorne.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Agreed, it is one of the few Daemon armies I would actually enjoy playing against. Even still, it looks effective and it should be a pretty cool-looking army when it is finished. Do you have any WIP pictures or are you keeping it a surprise?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddodge on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 am

empire army
here is my army that is coming - I think.
Templar grand master
Luthor Huss
Lvl 2 wizard/caddy
captain- bsb

19 swordsmen full command
6 archer detachment
6 hunstmen
13 handgunners
6 crossbow detach
5 knights- champ/mus

special-
5 innercirlce knights great weapons full command
24 great swords
6 archer command
cannon

rare- 20 flagellants
helblaster

A pretty average empire army, but it only scores a 4/10 on the comp rules. it is really close to a 5 by 8 points on characters, a 6 by one more core unit, and a 7 if i go back to regular knights or drop a special or rare. Tell me what you think. Thanks

Ddodge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:17 am

squalie wrote:

Actually Nathan, this is almost as soft a Daemon list as it gets. Mono Khorne is generally considered the weakest. The unit that everyone hates is the Flesh hounds, while the Bloodcrushers look a lot worse than they actually are. I'd love a Tzeentch Daemon army but they are absolutely broken; Played Mono-Slaanesh but it's rediculous and boring and Scott did the Nurgle thing -- so here we are with Khorne.

Hey I brought the mono Khorne daemon army to victory one league, back when everyone had frenzy!

I think the new Khorne list is perfectly solid, and the bloodthirster gets to always reroll misses for only 25 pts.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 am

Dean,

I sent you an email checking to see if your coming to this! Are you coming up the saturday night before?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:21 am

Chaos lord
BSB
Sorcerer of nurgle
20 Marauders
15 Warriors w/halberds/shields
2X 5 marauder horsemen flails/throwing axes
2x 5 chaos knights
chariot of khorne
spawn
hell cannon

Doesnt comp so well, but I always could bring my awesome comp tzeentch daemons Razz

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Dean Looks like a solid list. I would drop the hellblaster though and add a second cannon. If your just using the wizard as a scroll caddy drop to level 1, save some points and get another couple of comp points. I take it that the Templar Grandmaster and Luther Huss will each go into a unit of 5 knights. That gives you a couple of threating units. One thing you might consider is dropping the greatswords and bringing more knights but thats just personal preference.

Stash, get rid of the spawn and hellcannon....add more warriors.

Just my 2cents guys.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Hellcannons are tons of fun...when they work.

I've changed the list a touch.

Herald of Khorne on Jugger. General, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade.

Herald of Khorne on Jugger, BSB, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade.

Herald of Khorne on foot. (Skulltaker model)

16 Bloodletters - Full command (General here.)
16 Bloodletters - Full command (BSB here.)
18 Bloodletters - Full command (Herald on foot here.)
5 Furies
5 Furies
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
3 Bloodcrushers
3 Bloodcrushers

2198 points and I'm sure going to miss the dispel dice. Sad

Can't decide on what Banner for the BSB, but I almost can't see any reason that I wouldn't take the Banner of sundering. Do I get to choose the lore AFTER my opponent has rolled for spells?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:49 pm

squalie wrote:Hellcannons are tons of fun...when they work.

I've changed the list a touch.

Herald of Khorne on Jugger. General, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade.

Herald of Khorne on Jugger, BSB, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade.

Herald of Khorne on foot. (Skulltaker model)

16 Bloodletters - Full command (General here.)
16 Bloodletters - Full command (BSB here.)
18 Bloodletters - Full command (Herald on foot here.)
5 Furies
5 Furies
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
3 Bloodcrushers
3 Bloodcrushers

2198 points and I'm sure going to miss the dispel dice. Sad

Can't decide on what Banner for the BSB, but I almost can't see any reason that I wouldn't take the Banner of sundering. Do I get to choose the lore AFTER my opponent has rolled for spells?

Yep you sure do. That banner is awesome. Doesnt work on incantations or ogre magic and such. Only spell lists actually called "lore"s

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:58 pm

So how is everyone's comp score shaping up? Mine is a pretty poor 5/10. Unfortunately I don't think I can improve it much without completely gutting my army so that is where it will stay.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:47 pm

No comp, just crush. Twisted Evil

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:39 am

Sponsored content