Dominique's Empire Army

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dominique's Empire Army

Post  Kuyp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:28 pm

So after taking a long period of time to decide i finally decided that the empire was the the next army that I wanted to start collecting. As far as a “master plan” goes i really don't have one yet, i just plan on collecting a large variety of troops so my army becomes a full WYSIWYG army. I have a few plans for the more fun stuff in the army like the stank and the flagellants, but that's a ways down the road. Right now I'm starting of with a group of 25 swordsmen then probably 25 halberdiers. I'm not totally sure about the colour scheme so far and I'm yet to pick out what symbol my army is going to adopt but here is the first 3 models i have done up.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominique's Empire Army

Post  GobbladasSquig on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:56 am

Hmm, looks nice. Smile But there's just something wrong there, can't quite put my finger on it, though... Perhaps you could try inverting the flag's color scheme, and I guess it wouldn't hurt to even out the cross so that there's no "ball" in the middle... Hmm, yeah that would work real fine. Wink

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:43 am

Looks good so far. There are a few Empire players around who can give you some good advice on how to build your army, Carson in particular has had quite a bit of success with them. I like the blue and white color scheme, I think it will look sharp once you get a few units up and running.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I went on a bit of a painting spree and got a bunch of guys done, 65 halberds and 30 crossbows, minus the banner as i haven't decided what I want my army's insignia to be yet. Poor pics but its all I got!

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 pm

so i tried my hand a doing more detailed painting than what i have done in the past: (for those who have seen my army that's not really hard) so i painted up a small unit of crossbows in the averland color scheme, i thought they looked good but needed a few touch ups. then i cam across the army painter stuff at the den. after applying it to the figs the way the said on the can im not fully sold. but here they are

so first thing is they are really glossy, that's totally not a camera effect, secondly ;and this could be just because they need a few more hours drying time ( have been sitting for five hours so far), but i found it made my figs really sticky. has anyone else worked with the stuff and have any tips before i get to far ahead of my self ? thanks

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 am

That's how they are supposed to look - so far. Here's a link to me talking about this stuff. You have to spray it with a dull coat to get the look you want.

http://raveninghordes.forumakers.com/t513-dipping-product-impressive-way-to-get-army-on-the-table-fast

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 am

I watched the tutorial video online and he really shook the mini hard after dipping, I'm guessing the stickiness and slow drying is from having too much of the product on your mini. It might have to be a summer project so you can do it outside.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 pm

If the models are still glossy after they dry try using testors dull cote. When I seal(only outside) I use 2 coats testors gloss and 1 of testors dull cote it adds a hard cote to the mixture without the gloss. The gloss is the real sealant the dull is not so good but used just to get rid of the sheen.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:51 pm

some stirland huntsmen

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:16 am

Sponsored content