New Skaven?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Skaven?

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Anybody heard any rumors about new Skaven rules, or timeline for the book? I'd love an excuse to paint up more plaguemonks.

Well far from being a rumor while Kieran was in town just a short spell ago we were talking briefly about the game and things and Kieran had what I thought was just about the best idea ever for Skaven. His idea is to make them the only army that can count a rank bonus of +4 rather than +3. I think this idea encourages big units of clanrats, and makes them more viable. I would love that rule as it reinforces the fluff of the masses of cheaply regarding Skaven being pushed into battle by the council of thirteen.

Cool idea Kieran.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Skaven?

Post  Galadros on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:44 pm

Of course at the same time we'd have to reduce the base leadership of a skaven to 4 to compensate (if the rank bonus= leadership bonus is to remain). I think it would be too much to give the skaven a chance at another combat resolution point AND leadership 9 or 10.

Another thought that i had would be to have the rat ogres cause terror if the unit was big enough. FEar is acceptable for a single rat ogre, or even a pair. Perhaps once they reach unit strength 12 the fear could turn to terror?

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Both of those ideas sound great. I really like to somehow encourage skaven players to field freakisly large clanrat units. I've also always liked the rat ogre idea although they were not good in game terms, Terror would go a long way to helping out.

I for one look forward to a skaven rewrite, maybe it would get rid of all the typical cheese ass skaven armies out there!!!!!!

Carson

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top