the shame of it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the shame of it!

Post  Carson on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:51 pm

We'll after talking shit for awhile over the WOC it happened. I lost.

William and Bob came out for the day. Food drinks and much warhammer ensued. We started out with a warband campaign where the winner would recieve a 100point bonus in the following games. That turned out to be alot of fun with Bob's Dark elves getting the bonus.

After supper, William and myself then paired off. Awesome game. Long drawn out combats, lots of dead peasents (who cares), and running knights. I had a slight point edge bottom of six. William figures hes loosing so charges my big ass chosen unit that were led by an exalted bsb.

his chargers were 5 realm knights in the front with no banner or ward save left and peasetns in the side to negate my ranks. I'm thinking awesome more points for me. My chosen are 1+ due to the eye ofd the gods table and I'm gonna rack up kills on the peasents. We'll its warhammer.......his champion cuts down my exalted bsb (wtf). I'm thinkin Ok I'll still rack up kills here and should win. I completely wiff with 15 attacks. so without my bsb i run and give a minor victory to William. 700 point swing.

So Bob and myself then squared off. Not much to say here except I lost badly. It was one of those games. Bob played smart. I played ok but this sums it up......my wizard lord failed to cast any spells, and every combat I fought I lost....badly. Couldn't hit or wound if my life depended on it.

Bob has his game on for sure though.

So great fun andf thanks for coming out guys.

And yes lets hear the smack!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the shame of it!

Post  Patchfur on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 am

36 peasant archers are no joke. They kept the flank of the lances clear and such. Still, when allocating dispell dice, 2d6S4 hits on peasants is way less points than 1d6S3 on knights with no armours save. My version of dispelling spells targetted on peasants is to shrug.

The last desperate charge of the disgraced knights of the realm eager to win back their honour was beautiful. That peasant block into the flank added numbers, a banner, two ranks, and a flank and only had to face six attacks. Yes they were only hitting on a five or better! The knights were providing six S5 lances that might have scored a wound. I was hoping to win by one and maybe get really lucky on two failed break tests. As it was the champ dropped your bsb and I think the lance got another chosen. Grim.

Warband highlights: my paladin getting chased into a tower, pulled down by marauder, and failing to recover. Also, the two knights charging into the wood from opposite sides and over-running those two dark elves left behind by their general who hid out in the outhouse!

Patchfur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Sad to hear things didn't go that well for the bad guys. It's always frustrating to be in the receiving end of a "glorious charge of the holy warriors of the light" that goes through everything despite the odds and totally swings the game. Just like in all those silly movies with happy endings... Evil or Very Mad

So what do you have in your until-yesterday-undefeated list, Carson? You don't have to post magic items if you still want to keep the aces in your sleeve. Smile

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

It was a great game though. One that I wished I would of taken pictures of and then been able to post up a battle report.

I targeted the peasents with my long range magic missles until your knights were in range for that "no armour thingy" spell. Of all the times I've played against Brets the peasents have always been a real pain in the ass. During the game I deviated a couple of times from targeting them with the magic missles and treid to get some through knights armour. Big mistake as that single block of peasents helped win that last combat.

No problems....this is the "improved version" I devised after Saturdays game day. Very Happy
The previous list featured only 1 unit of knights and 3 chaos ogres with chaos armour and great weapons plus another exalted hero.

no marks in the army
Sorcerer Lord....lore of death, level 4, power familiar, dispel scroll, and bloodcurdling roar.

exalted hero.....daemonic mount, armour of damnation, bsb

11 chosen with shields and halberds (I've never actually used the halberd in a combat though), full command, warbanner, champion has the favour of the gods. exalted bsb goes here.

14 warriors with shields, full command. Sorcerer Lord here

2 units of 5 chaos knights with full command

10 mounted marauders, full command, spears, shields......medium cav

2 units of 5 mounted marauders, spears

2 units of 15 marauders, shields, great weapons.

2200pts

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Sweet. I've used to play with

lvl 4 daemon prince (death/shadow) - Splendour + Roar
lvl 2 sorcerer - Mark of Slaanesh, 2 Scrolls
BSB - MoS, Warrior Familiar, Book of Secrets

3x 15 marauders with MoS and shields or flails or great weapons (1x 15 each) and musicians each
2x 5 horsemen with MoS and spears, shields, throwing axes and musicians
2x 12 warriors with MoS, full command, shields and Warbanner/Rapturous Standard

2x Chariot with MoS

2x Spawn

Every now and then I swapped the daemon prince for a sorcerer lord and a slaanesh giant. Interesting theme, with no marks at all. Units of 15 marauders rock, don't they? Smile How did the 10 strong horseman unit work for you?

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm actually mixed on the effectiveness of marauder horse. They are good at clearing out shooters and for general annoyance but really lack in combat as I don't want to mark them up.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top