Upcoming Calgary events and a review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Upcoming Calgary events and a review

Post  TheWade on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:40 pm

First things first, there is a tournament being organized for CalCon in March that you guys might be interested in. 2500 point two day fantasy tournament with prizes. What kind of prizes? How about a trip to England for a week with some geek tour company. Yeah, that's right. A week long trip to England focused on Warhammer. There's a bunch of other prizes too but seriously...a trip...to England.

I went to the Conquest event that I had mentioned to you all. This was the two day 100$ tournament that was new to the Calgary scene. Guys, this tournament was great. There were two events per game system. You had the choice of playing in a "Conquer" league which was geared toward the power gamer, or you had the choice of playing in the "Quest" league which was aimed towards the more soft score oriented gamer. The funny thing about fantasy was it ended up being a pretty even split of the Warhammer game. On the Conquer side you had Daemons, Dark Elves, a Thorek gunline, a War Altar/Steam tank Empire army, Bretonnians, Vampires and High Elves. On the Quest side you had Beasts, Dogs of War!!!, Wood Elves, Tomb Kings, Orcs and Goblins, and Lizards. The even was well organized, well stocked with food, and had some really fun prizes. This event, in my opinion, was way better than even Kuster's event. I love Kuster, and will continue to attend his events, but the scoring ended up being a complete disaster. As it turned out at the Kuster event, Jessop should have won best overall...instead he came in 4th. If you have the chance, I would definately recommend this event next fall. In fact, if you have the choice of this or Kuster's Octocon I would recommend this one by far.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Upcoming Calgary events and a review

Post  Carson on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:50 pm

The tournament in march sounds really tempting. If its early in march I might attend, if its later I'll be calving...sigh

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow, that is quite the prize for a warhammer tournament! Unfortunately this spring is going to be pretty busy for me. I'll keep it in mind though!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Speaking of calving...any 1.3 million dollar cows in the works?

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:49 pm

whats with the 1.3? did I miss something?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:47 pm

A lovely Holstein cow in Red Deer named Missy recently sold at auction for 1.3 million. I guess she is a superstar sexy cow.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top