View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thorek Nerf!

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Page 61. 'Assistant at the forge' rule, second
paragraph. Change the first sentence to: 'Once
per game and only while Kraggi is alive,
Thorek may re-roll a single failed attempt to
strike a rune on the Anvil of Doom.'

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470859_FAQ_Dwarfs_2009

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thorek Nerf!

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:52 pm

That makes sense, Thorek was too good at striking the ancient power abilities with the rules as written. I don't know why anyone would have taken a generic runelord with the anvil instead of him. I still don't think we'll see a non-Thorek anvil very often though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:02 pm

I don't know, I can see the advantages to a regular Runelord now.

Thorek does nothing for your dispelling abilities beyond being a Runelord. A regular Runelord, while not being significantly cheaper, can load up on Spellbreaker/Spelleater runes, or a handful of different Master Runes that cause devastation for the enemy magic phase.

It's now a tossup between whether you want the most out of the Anvil or if you want the most out of the anti-magic capability of your Runelord.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:10 pm

well that does help slow Thorek down a bit, still dishes out way to much damage IMO. stupid unstopable, no range, no LOS, unit/ character destroyer, once per turn gayness.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Yeah...

Last night, I ran my Grey Seer and Warlock Engineer out of their Stormvermin unit to take a charge in the following Dwarf Turn, and I had previously Skitterleapt my other Engineer over to rocket his troops.

Forgot about the damn Anvil somehow...

Lost every single character in a single turn. Oops!

Stupid, stupid play... I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Up until that point I thought I had a Solid Victory locked up, but losing all my characters in a single turn really didn't help. WTF was I thinking?? Sad

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:53 pm

we'll that sucks. I've never liked the anvil in a dwarf army but thats just personal choice.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:40 pm

my book says "While Kraggi is alive Thorek may re-roll a failed attempt to strike a rune on the anvil of Doom. If this extra dice rolls a 1 Kraggi has done something wrong and you should subtract 1 from the roll on the anvil Miscast table treating a total of 0 as 1" This doesn't read to me as a single one time use if you ignore if Kraggi is alive or dead it says Thorek may reroll a failed attempt to strike a rune...

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Yeah, it's an errata. They changed what your book is supposed to say. Future books they print will say something different.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:19 pm

I can't believe in the modern era of demons, hydras and all that shit they decide they need to tone down a Dwarf character. Or was he starting to dominate the tourny scene?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:22 pm

The reasoning wasn't that he was dominating the tournament scene, but that games with nothing but Thorek and guns were pretty much the most horrible 2 hours a person could play in Warhammer.

They changed the rule for the UKGT's this last year, even before this errata, because people were showing up with nothing but Thorek and an entire Dwarf army with guns. Use the anvil to slow the enemies down and just shoot them all game.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:19 pm

I don't disagree with the nerfing at all. Some things just obv. didn't get playtested very much. But some of the Demon stuff seems to rate just about as fun as getting shot by dwarfs all day, like that crazy -2 ld banner and the Slaaneesh spells, or the Tzeentch all magic all the time stuff. The dwarf thing was an easy fix though.

I really, really dislike anvils in a Dwarf army. I just don't like them fluff wise and ther model is stupid. How did they get the anvil there? The just dwarfed up and moved it I suppose. I feel the saem way about all the War machines now that they mostly don't have wheels on them. Stupid.

Anyway, I always thought that having a completely static block of points like that was just a poor thing to do. I feel the saem way about the TK casket. No real reason, I just don't like them. The only times I really played against that stuff I had a bitchin Nurgle demon prince that just flew at those things and killed them.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top