Game Report's: A Tale from the Great Maw

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Report's: A Tale from the Great Maw

Post  Kuyp on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Instead of making a new topic after every game i have all juist post all my Ogre battles here.

Andre and i had a game today, the point was to capture and hold a central point in the middle of the table.
he took turn one and slowly moved up the table, 2 bolt throwers tried to shoot at my giant and to my surprise only did one wound. then the ogers responded by quickly moving up the table, geting +1S on 2 units of bulls and regeneration on a massive unit of ironguts.

turn 2 the dwarfs moved up a bit more then shot at a unit of bulls caused them to panic, and did yet another wound to the giant, as well as dispelled the Regen on the guts. ogres failed 2 charges, moved up some, re-cast the regen as well as restored some wounds also made my lead bleachers +1t and stuborn. then they launched 24 shots at some iron breakers and only caused 4 wounds!!

dwarfs moved up a bit more then then finally killed the giant, didn't manage to disspell anything though. the guts charged his main unit of hammers with his lord in it, as well as some lead-bealchers charged the unit they had shot at. combat saw the lead-bleachers run away and get caught, and a challange with the tyrant and lord saw the lord cause 1 wound and the tyrant cause none(stupid 1+AS save on him as well as 4+WS) the combat was a draw.

the rest of the game saw the dwarfs shoot most of the remaining ogers and the massive combat in the center finally lost by the ogre's on turn six( his hammers had 3 models left and no lord but the thane and long beards on the flank turned the tides)

Massacre for the dwarfs.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Report's: A Tale from the Great Maw

Post  Kuyp on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 am

Andre and i had yet another mash up today for the league. this game had some interedting terrain set up consisting of 2 wooded hills that granted a good vantage point to the center of the field but not much else, a swamp and a large impasable rock formation.

Turn one stated the dwarfs on a slow walk up the feild and 2 bolt thrower shots a my armys main unit of iron guts causing them to panic and in turn also causing a near by unit of guts to panic as well. ogre turn one saw the guts all rally, and the rest move closer. turn two saw the dwarfs move a bit closer and then launch 2 more bolts at a giant doing 4 wounds, 4 organ gun shots at some trappers causing 3 wounds, and i belive killing a leadbelcher with some handgun fire, every thing held its ground this time around. ogre moved closer and let the cannons roar killing ... 4-5 dwarfs and inflicting 2 on myself, the trappers charged the organ gun killed all but one crew member and took a wound in check. turn 3 saw some teriffied dwarfs nearlly run of the table becasue of the giant. a unit of longbeards charged in to help out the organ gun, some warriors took refuge in the woods, and 2 units lined up for charges. the bolt thoweres tried to take down a rhinox rider but only managed 2 wounds, and the longbeards chased down the remaining trapers. Ogre's then moved a bit closer and started to line up some charges of their own. leadbelchers are now reloaded. the giant had also chased the thunderers right off the table. one unit of guts with a butcher were stationed on top of one of the hills looking at the dwarfs(no longer hidden) in the woods. turn 4 saw 2 units of dwarfs charge 2 leadbelchers but unfortunaly by the time they got to them one had died... a leadbelcher that is Rolling Eyes shooting saw the gaint die and 2 wounds from handgunn fire. the dwarfs killed the ogre where he stood and continued moving. ogres responded by bulls and magicly hurt butcher charging some hammerers, 2 remaing leadbelachers charging some ironbreakers, rhinox rider walking right over some thunder's and some guts smashing into a samll unit of warriors whille the tyrant and his trebuine were only mere inches away from a unit of long beards. end result of this turn saw the bulls chased after the leadbelchers flee, the rhinox rider just kept on charging to be right infront of 2 bolt thowers, and the guts chases after the fastest moving dwarfs ever. turn 5 the dwarfs chased after the leadbelchers but couldnt catch them, or the bulls that ran off the table, longbeards charge the tyrant, regroup the warriors and a teriffied bolt thrower crew run away home in close up sight of the rhinox rider. the other bolt thrower couldn't land a hit. only combat was one by the static dwarffs but the tyrant (who ate a dwarf in a challange) stayed to fight. ogres then charged the flank of the logbeards with the rhinox rider, charged the boltthrower out of no where with a scraplauncher and the gut charge the last of the warriors (killing them as well), and the lone leadbelcher regroup. combat was won all around by the ogres, the scraplauncher kept moving, the guts killed the warriors outright, and the longbeards (lead by a thane) were challanged by the thunderlord, the now unchalanged tyrant went to town killing 7 dwarfs in one blow, end result dead dwarfs cased down by the rhinox rider who ran 18" nearly off the table. nothing really happend in turn 6 as all remaining troops were facing opposite directions on the opposite side they had started on.

only 80 points seperated the ogres and the dwarfs in a draw favoring the ogres cheers

what looked like doom to begin with ended alot better than i could have whished for. now i just have to take some time awy to play something other than dwarfs as i think the next time i face them there will be no crossing the half way point on the table, something about an anvil and lots of shooting...

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 am

i Played 2 more games tonight, one against nathan and whis wood elves and the other against nathan A and his vampire counts.

The wood elf game was one of interest most of the game revolved around a hill near the center of the battle field, i would win a comabat, then he would, then i would, them him. this happend for a good protion of the game until finnaly some T5 ogres weilding great weapons put an end to it by chasing down a tree kin and some wardancers. then the treeman got charged by a scraplauncher and a thunderlord, almost was killed from impact hits, and wiffed his attacks back. the game ended in a solid victory for the ogres, but if turn 6 went any diffrent it could have been the other way around. Nathan was fully painted

The vampire game didnt bode as well though, turn one there was a vargulf, bloodknights, and some dire wolfs mighty close to me in which i responded by unleashing my leadbelchers, who shot 24 rounds hit 9 times caused 6 wounds 5 of which were saved. one dead bloodkight! the first of the combats saw a group of direwolves dissapear, the tyrant challange his general and cause 1 wound and lost a wound in return. the bulls with the help of the scraplauncher would have killed a unit of skelleton warriors and overrun into some grave gaurd (who were in combat with a thunderlord) but the big oll'e baby giant had to go and cry undoing all the work the bulls did. the thunderlord couldnt stand up to the static res and ran. the rest of the game was allot of somouning back of skelletons, and the tyrant being a big dope and not doing any thing.... but running away! the den was closing up so we called it game where it was(turn 4), solid victory for the vamps was what we called it at as we really didnt get to even do much of turn 4. But the giant for all his crying did come back and kill a vampire, and the next turn he would have killed a necromancer, so not all bad but most certinly not worth the shame of making a bad move early in the game to slow the bulls and the ironguts and the scraplauncher and the thunderlord, and not to mention the 2 butchers that were with these units, to a halt as he bellowed out crying about something rather.... i think i'm going to put the giant and the tyrant of in a corrner somewhere where they can sullk whille the rest of the army goes on a rampage. Good game Nathan A

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:37 am

I had a game against Joe as well, he massacred me. I managed to kill 5 blood knights over the course of the game but they just kept coming back for more. They mowed through a treeman, a branchwraith and 9 dryads, 20 glade guard, an alter kindred highborn and 3 treekin. He could have just fielded that one unit and won by a massacre! My shooting managed to kill his grave guard and wolves and my treekin killed his unit of zombies through 6 turns of combat (probably killed around 50 of the stupid things through the course of the game).

I was fully painted, Joe was not so it was a victory for the wood elves in that department at least!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:16 pm

It was a good ol' fashioned Nathan beat down Friday with both receiving a massacre. Neither was fully painted in my game against Nathan A, and the game against Nathan R was a ladder match.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 am

Nathan A and i had a game tonight, the warriors that never die supplied the guts with soo much bone marrow over the course of 6 turns they were out numbered 10-1 in the end, acctually it was more like 20-1. ended in a solid victory for the vamps( just shy of 100 pts from a massacre)
a few higlights from this game would be 2 units of leadbelchers being wiped off the table before they could even unload there guns, a spirt host tieing up a slavegint for 5 rounds of combat, the tyrant doing his job but the general telling him what to do, told him wrong. i made a big mistake here as i had a good chance of killing his general turn 3 or at the very least making him utterly useless as a wizard. the 3 vamps and 1 necromancer keeping the units he had at full wounds and raising a shitstorm of zombies! and what i belive the award for MVP should go to was my thunderlord actually killing a unit of bloodknights, sure he may have almost been killed, and it took him 5 rounds of combat to do so, but he still made up for it in the end.

Good game nathan A

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:18 am

Game Report from November 28th

Well despite all the odds, a van not working, a kamakaizz kitten almost destroying my army, me and Andre made it out to bobs place for some games.

My first match up was against kendric and his high elves. turn 1 wasn't much for the ogres but a mage choosing to attack the wrong unit of ogres found out the hard way that he should not touch that unit, i caused him to miscast on the roll of double 2, and 3s as well as 1's. he took a wound. Later a unit of ogres had a unit of spearmen? with a BSB in it on the flank. combat was one by the ogres and the fate of the elves seemed sealed away, but on a re roll thanks to the bsb, rolled snake eyes and lived to see another day as well as allow the rest of his army to tag team the ogres. next combat the ogres ran and got chased down. the mage miscast 2 more times during the course of the game as well a a butcher miscast and became frenzied! add that to his strength 7 attacks and he was now BIG a problem. at the end of the game it was a solid victory for the high elves.

My next game was against bobs dark elves. this game was a tactical throw down right up till turn 6. luck was in favour of the ogres though. "if giant dies near some woods does anyone hear it?" ya the elves he falls on sure do, sure he killed the thing but it fell directly on his unit and killed half of it. a small group of trappers charges the rear of a unit of witch elves, one survives to run away and basicly make the witch elves(200pts) chase after 1 trapper(6pts) for the remainder of the game. That big bad hydra coming soo close to sure death (needed to make all 3/3 saves or he would have been killed), decided it would be better to stay the hell away from that lone tyrant, and the elven hero feeling lucky charged the tyrant instead. It died a quick and painless death. against all the odds a lone iron gut managed to roll snake eyes to stay on the table and then on top of that turned the tides of battle and won the combat next time but the ITP stubborn elves didn't care much. there was some good luck on bobs side as well, a unit of crossbowmen survived an onslaught from a single iron gut, reduced in numbers managed to then shoot down a poor old bruiser with a peg leg holding the army standard. this game ended in a draw. It definitely was the funnest game i have played with ogres yet.

Good games guys and hope we can get together again for some games soon.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Me and andre played another game for the leauge today. this time i thought it wouldent be to bad, he had 5 solid blocks of dwarfs on the table, just as i was setting out my rather large modles then out comes 6 runed up bolt throwers Sad

but despite me losing most of my army to bolt thower fire, my tyrant and a seperate unit of bulls were my saviors, in 2 different combats i managed to kill/ capture allmost 1000pts in dwarfs( 2 banners, general, and then the cost of the troops them selves)
The tyrant managed to kill 9 Dwarfs in one blow, that was just a huge shocker to andre as he removed a unit longbeards, failed his breaktest and then rolled snake eyes when running......

The game ended in a draw.

i belive thats a total W/L/T of 2/4/3, for 43 pts now. and really one of thosse wins was because i was on the winnging side of that tournament pirat

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 am

Turn six is a bitch. What should have been a solid victory for me dissipated into a fine mist of longbeard offal. I lost a total of 1082 pts when before I had lost maybe 100 pts. It was fun turn one making his thunderlord shiskabob. Poor generals unit couldnt quite get helped out by a rear flanking unit of 20 warriors and lost out needing snake eyes rolling about a 10 and then needing distance and rolling snake eyes minus one for dwarfs. I will crush the ogres yet I had him fleeing in all sorts of ways in the begining but then when it mattered they rolled a bunch of ones and did not do enough damage to gain back the swing.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

How did you have your Bolt throwers runed up Andre? My guess is:

+1 Strength

+1 Strength, Flaming

+2 Strength

+2 Strength, Flaming

+3 Strength

+1 Strength and some other rune

Am I right? Strength 7 or 8 bolt throwers with an engineer are awesome (or terrifying if you are facing them). Thanks for posting the battle report, I can just picture the longbeards disappearing into a fine red mist... Razz

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Me and joe had game today. It was a good ole fashion ass whooping.
My ogres only had 1 man who could even have a hope in the world at
killing his wraiths, and well he killed a few before getting chopped in to
mince meat. my thunderlord charged his blood knights killed 2 of them,
and ran 3d6 away, or rather 4' away. 3 leadbelchers fired 4 shots into some
ghouls. there's not much more to say about this game. i failed to roll dice every
chance i got, massacre for Joe.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top