Small beginner game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Small beginner game.

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone wanted to get together some time this week and play a small 1500 pt game. Any evening is fine except wed, and the weekend would work too. If anyone wants to just let me know and we'll set something up.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Small beginner game.

Post  Mhael on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:33 pm

I may be able to play on thurs night or sun afternoon. what army do you play maybe I can lend you enough models to make it a 2000 or better game.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Nathan, next time I'm in I'll let you know and we'll give er a go.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beginner game

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 pm

I play Vamp counts Mhael, i have enough models to play a 2000 pts battle they just arent painted or anything, but if ya want i would be down for playing a 2000 pt battle, just warning ya though i dont quite kow all the rules, so ya might need to help me with a few. Thurs evening works for me, what time did you wanna play at, and is dragons den good for location?

And sounds good carson, i look forward to it, let me know when you're in town.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 am

Friday night works for me, if you like. 2000 points at the den

Most of us play most games without a fully painted army. For the league you do get extra points for playing with a fully painted army, but it's only a few points. Good incentive, but not required. You might have more painted models than some of us vets...

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beginner game

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm not sure if i will be around for friday Ricky, but if i am i"ll let ya know on here and would be down, can we make it 2200 pts though, got an army list all made up for 2200 pts.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:49 pm

I will play you Thursday at about six at the den 2200 points sound good

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

beginner game

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Cool sounds good see ya then.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:32 am

Well Thursday night I faced off against Nathan A and his Vampire counts. There was one hill which held two units of thunderers with the anvil of doom behind the hill and two units of hammerers flanking either side. along the edge of one side of the hill was an organ gun and flame cannon and a unit of hammerers, while on the other side were two bolt throwers, and another unit of thunderers.
Nathan had a vargulf, vampire on a dragon, a flanking unit of heavy cav, a unit of ghouls, a unit of grave guard, a necromancer and two units of skeletons.
Turn one went to Nathan but after moving into gun range of my hill plus my anvil of doom one unit of skeletons disappeared save one and half the crypt ghouls plus the vargulf took two wounds from the anvil even though it was lurking in the woods. Lots of shaky moments in placement for Nathan, his vampire on dragon did not do near enough damage getting into close combat on a thunderer flank once after only doing four wounds with a breath weapon, and failing to catch them after the first combat had the thunderers fleeing. That left the dragon far too close and exposed to my shooting which took the dragon and then the vampire which made the rest of his army crumble.
The game ended with a massacre for the Dwarfs.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top