Nathan's Bretonnian Archer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nathan's Bretonnian Archer

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Found this old model and decided to paint it up. I'm not sure that it is valid for the painting challenge but it was a fun one and it was good to paint something again.

Let me know what you guys think!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nathan's Bretonnian Archer

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Sure it's valid, and it looks great too! I have very little to critiscize. I do think that I'll tell you what ePeople have told me.

The shading on the skin looks well done, but a great tip I was given was to use dark red instead fo dark brown. I started doing that and I think it works great. I use a color called SS Black Red, and I think I have some extra, but barring that I think the darkest GW red and a spot of black would do the trick. Try it out, and see if you agree.

Love the color on the barrels, and the overcoat the most. Great job on the blue especially.

Probably felt good, didn't it? How long do you think, start to finish?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm very impressed Nathan. Love the white and blue as well as the wood on the barrel. Thats a great fig from the special characters from 4th or 5th edition brettonnia.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:26 am

It probably took about 5 or 6 hours which is an enormous amount of time for me to spend on one model, usually I would have knocked a figure like this one out in maybe an hour, two tops. The skin is basically just bronzed flesh base with devlan mud to shade and komando khaki to lighten. I did add a red wash to the cheeks and nose to give him that special alcoholic glow. I'll take that tip to use a dark red though, I can see where you're coming from on that one and I think I'll try it out next time.

Thanks for the comments guys. I still don't think it is valid for the painting comp though seeing as how it isn't a model that can be used in the dwarf army and I didn't do anything special with it. If I don't manage to paint anything else it might have to be an honerable mention entry but I'll still try to do something more.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top