Mega Battle

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mega Battle

Post  Carson on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Nov.1 is confirmed at Dragons Den. Doors will open at 9:30, we'll hopefully be picking teams and setting up by 10.

Before the game each side will bid Vp's for "set-up last". Who-ever bids the most will enjoy the benefit of setting up after the other team has deployed all units other than characters. Of course then these Vp's are awarded at the end to the side that set-up first. Simple eh!

I will set-up the terrain myself to avoid the problems we had last time with some armies being stranded for most of the fight.

see you guys there.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mega battle

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Awesome, and i assume thats 10 am right?

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:26 pm

As of right now I plan to be there. May pull a Scott and be too hung over to come, but we'll see. I'm being ronald mcdonald for halloween, i'm debating whether I should come dressed as that for that psychological edge.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mega battle

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:09 am

Sorry guys just wanna get this straight, dragons den doesnt open until 12 on sundays, so how are we gonna play at 10?

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:56 pm

They open early for special events.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:42 pm

[quote="Carson"]Nov.1 is confirmed at Dragons Den. Doors will open at 9:30, we'll hopefully be picking teams and setting up by 10.

Does anyone want to meet at JERRY'S for breakfast at 8:30?

I like the idea of chosing on game day, should make for interesting mix.

The other team will suck so bad they will forever be known as the "Filter Queens"(a poor excuse for a vaccum cleaner)

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:42 pm

I'm probably out for breakfast. I am looking forward to Sunday though!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patchfur on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:12 pm

I am doing bfast.

Patchfur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 pm

I can meet you down at Jerry's Bob and probably Dom as well

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:26 am

Odds of me playing the batle are 0%. My fuckin' daughter had been a total asshole and is actually still fuckin' awake at 3:35AM. Unbelievable. I will be there for breakfast for sure. I'll probably be still awake. And if she fuckin' sleeps soon I can at least be hammered.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 am

You missed a good time Scott, It was a fun battle with the combined forces of Skaven, Dark Elves, Ogres and Wood Elves defeating the forces of Chaos (x2) and Dwarfs (x2). The dreaded 13th spell of the Skaven managed to go off twice and the storm banner allowed the wood elf army to rush the dwarven gunline relatively intact. Thanks for organizing once again Carson.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeah It was a great time. Ran smoothly without anyone having thier army stranded. Everyone was in the action right through. Magic worked better than expected without bogging the game down. Thanks for the table suggestion there Scott.

The school yard pick was a nice twist. Bob choosing William, Andre, and Warren vs Nathan R, Eric, Dom, and myself. Somehow our side ended up a magic heavy force while Bob's side packed a huge Dwarven artillery park and a couple of tough dragons...but no magic.

In the end magic gave our side the edge it needed although William came very close to clawing back the game in a couple of huge critical combats invloving a dragon and lots of ogres.

Thanks to all those who came out.....good times!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:29 pm

When I was making my army selections I wasn't trying to stack the magic phase. And although we had a lot of magic, the multiple Dwarf players gave them a crap-ton of dispel dice. Although I had 11 power dice on my table, I was facing 10 dispel dice and 2 scrolls! I imagine it wasn't too different on the other table. I barely got a single spell through. I was just lucky that Curse of the Horned One went off with irresistible force...

Speaking of which, when it did go off it turned Valkia, 15 Chaos Warriors and a sorcerer into RATS then later did a dozen casualties to Wulfrik's unit of Marauders when they finally showed up. I was gambling with the spell. 5 dice, a power stone and a warp stone token. 8 dice. High chance of miscast. They still had a scroll left. Irresistible baby.

Stupid Wulfrik... Bob managed to roll 1 too low to get Wulfrik on the table each turn. When he needed a 5 he rolled a 4, when he needed a 4, he got a 3, when he needed a 3 he got a 2, when he needed a 2 he got a 1.

On Nathan and I's table it was the Skaven and Wood Elves versus a Dwarf Gunline mastered by Andre and a Chaos Horde led by Bob. Bob lost his 1000 point unit to the Curse in the second turn, and had his Dragon Ogres become Frenzied thanks to the Doomwheel's Warp Lightning - the Dragon Ogres chased Skaven Slaves and Rat Swarms the entire game. Meanwhile the Dwarven Artillery hill proved less than useful with the overly dominant Storm Banner shitting all over his shooting. I don't think he inflicted more than 200 points of casualties before the entire Wood Elf army was up the Dwarven grill. Suffice to say our table was overly dominated.

I am not sure how I feel about reactivating the Storm Banner... It basically castrated 1500 point of Dwarf shooting. Although, that said, if someone shows up to a league game with 1500 points of shooting models, maybe I will want to just fuck with them and murder them with the banner. It will be interesting to see if they give that item an errata. I think in league play I will most often choose the gentlemanly course of action of not reactivating the banner, but if you take a load of shooting or a flying circus I might just feel justified in letting you have it every turn... It's kind of like comp enforced through gameplay. Wink

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Well the whole weekend sucked a ton for me. With Halloween on Saturday My wife took my Daughter and Son out in the afternoon to a coupel different houses and the mall. Then apparently my daughter had some crazy long nap from early afternoon until I got home at about 6:00. And the opposite my boy was tired and passed out just after 7:00. So then the wife goes out, which is fine, as I'll be gone playing warhammer all day sunday so it's only fair. Then my daughter gets jacked on candy, runs around, and gets some kind of stomach ache turning her into a total asshole until about 4:00am. Then my boy, fully rested, gets up. Now he's 5, so he's usually okay in the morning to sort of not wreck the joint. So I tell him I am going to sleep. He says "OK Dad, I'll just watch soem cartoons". I nod off for a second and wake up to him firing DvD's across the basement and in 5 minutes he's eaten about a pound fo candy I didn't even know was down here. So now I gotta watch him, and I get to fall asleep by about 7:00am when the wife wakes up. And she's slightly hung over too. So I fell asleep. Woke up at noon. Sucks a ton. One day I'll play warhammer again. I did spend some time putting together some goblins. Hooray!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:52 am

That sucks Scott, we'll get you out and playing yet!

Running straight into the teeth of a dwarf gunline normally would have been suicidal for my wood elves but thanks to the storm banner I made it there relatively intact. I still lost quite a bit though, a unit of glade riders, a unit of wardancers along with the noble from the unit and my treeman. Roughly 600 points. Orion did his job though, panicking a unit of thunderers, killing 2 war machines, running down the panicked thunderers and then killing the anvil (even though it took 5 rounds of combat!). I probably won't take him too often though, taking him means that my archers are special and I can't take waywatchers at all which really screws up my army choices.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:00 pm

I enjoyed using the anvil of doom plus my gunline. My normal list only has one more unit of hammerers making three, plus three units of thunderers and my artillery is flexible I have several different combinations. I hope to bring out double gyrocoptors but I can barely keep my first model together (kitten went ape shit and destroyed a fully glued model...and lives)

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patchfur on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 am

Clawing back victory. That's a good one! Get it? With the dragon? Ho ho ho.

Was fun. Plague monks = bad. No touching.

Really should have done something about the dark elf chicky on the dragon. I ignored her and she basically did for 1.5 chaos lords on a dragon.

No one has yet brought up the embarrasment of the vermin lord running up a hill into some dwarf handgunners, doing one wound, losing combat, fleeing, and then getting shot to death in the back by pissed off dwarfs. One of the most characterful things I've seen in warhammer in a long time.

Ogres vs dragons is usually a good bet for the ogres. And there was a decent chance with the one break test. Failing to get rid of the regeneration spell and getting hit with Chill Wind (?) - the WS 1 spell - really didn't help Chaos' chances there. Turned a sure thing into a fair fight!

All comes down to that sorceress. If i got to do it again I am bringing a scroll carrier. The Banner Taker did try to plant four feet of steel in her skull but that is one cool cool saving throw she has. Riding a dragon makes her pretty safe from S3 attacks!

All good and look forward to more games.

Another league night?

Patchfur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:01 pm

You've got it. Lets all try to get together Friday Nov.13.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Carson wrote:You've got it. Lets all try to get together Friday Nov.13.

so is anyone planning on comining out this friday night for games? i can be there at whatever time

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:39 pm

I plan to be there, I'd like to get 2 games in at least. I can be there anytime after 7.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top