other miniature companies who may make trolls?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

other miniature companies who may make trolls?

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 am

Im basically looking for a company that makes a model suitable enough for chaos trolls as GW does not. Any ideas?

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: other miniature companies who may make trolls?

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 am

I love Gamezone mini's. They're a bit rough to assemble sometimes as they do wierd things in the casting process that messes up some great sculpts, but here's some that I like. Especially compared to the GW ones...

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.de/index.php/cat/c46_Monsters-and-Machines.html

And I like this one too. Except for the integral base, which I always hate....

http://www.coolminiornot.com/store/product.php?xProd=4229&xSec=12

Good luck, the GW ones are the worst.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 pm

ScottRadom wrote:I love Gamezone mini's. They're a bit rough to assemble sometimes as they do wierd things in the casting process that messes up some great sculpts, but here's some that I like. Especially compared to the GW ones...

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.de/index.php/cat/c46_Monsters-and-Machines.html

And I like this one too. Except for the integral base, which I always hate....

http://www.coolminiornot.com/store/product.php?xProd=4229&xSec=12

Good luck, the GW ones are the worst.

Yeah those trolls are way better, and half the price! Any idea on the size compared to gw ogre sized models?

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 pm

On that note, I thought of looking at ebay (hey why not?)

Check out this atrocity:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WARHAMMER-CHAOS-TROLL-PRO-PAINTED_W0QQitemZ400076507473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d266b0951&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

$34 us plus cost of stripper.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:13 pm

hey it might match one of those gay tzeentch armies that people like.....cough...cough Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Carson wrote:hey it might match one of those gay tzeentch armies that people like.....cough...cough Very Happy

Well actually it would have matched my first attempt at painting those tzeentch daemons perfectly Razz

Last edited by Lord_Stash on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:07 pm

Yeah, the good ole' midgard models. I am sure that when I sell my stuff on ebay some people might scoff at them, but midgard is awful. He's not the worst at all (that's a dude named "Occultist" on cmon, a self professed psi-vamp who drinks his girlfriends blood every now and again. And paints poorly while spamming a group of mini painters trying to get them to buy his shit) but midgard is one of those cases of people who just shouldn't be trying to make a living painting. And if he does, why do people pay perfectly good money for such a crap paintjob. on a crap model.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Yeah, the good ole' midgard models. I am sure that when I sell my stuff on ebay some people might scoff at them, but midgard is awful. He's not the worst at all (that's a dude named "Occultist" on cmon, a self professed psi-vamp who drinks his girlfriends blood every now and again. And paints poorly while spamming a group of mini painters trying to get them to buy his shit) but midgard is one of those cases of people who just shouldn't be trying to make a living painting. And if he does, why do people pay perfectly good money for such a crap paintjob. on a crap model.

I guess some poeple like making less than minimum wage...

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:01 am

I don't make anything near minimum wage when I paint, but I have different motivations for doing it. And it's not my source of income. I don't fault the guy for much more then just being really bad at what he does. If you do something for a living, aren't you supposed to get better at it? Unless you're one of those korean kids chained to a steel pole painting Wiz kids stuff for a little cold rat meat I can't understand not being motivated to do better. Painting better, charging more seems the way to go. I dunno. Even on that troll link you showd Stash, he's got ten of them painted up that way. All to that standard. I just don't get it. 35$ a throw is probably only about 15-20 more than the models cost, so it's not like he's making the mad bank of selling them the way he is now. So if money isn't his motivation and quality isn't a motivation, what's he doing? Dunno. But you guys should check out this guy Occultist's site. He is the blurst. Did I mention he drinks blood, and actually thinks he's a vampire? But the even wierder kind that needs to feed of emotions. He said he doesn't feel some emotions, and needs to drink the energy from people. I said "If you're saying you suck the fun out of people, I totally believe you.". Friggin' wierdo. And he just doesn't get it. He tried to sell a mini for like 80 bucks that was painted and had a fingerprint of paint along the back. Then he took a picture of it and blew it up and showed it to people so they could buy his fingerprint laden model. I shoulda bought it, and had his fingerprints matched up at the sex offender data base and called crime stoppers. Probably could've got mroe than 80 bucks from it.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Well I finally got bases in for my trolls and paint has hit model. They arent really anything to see with only a base coat, but I might get around to taking some pics later on.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top