Cool Warhammer Boardgame

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cool Warhammer Boardgame

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:03 pm

This one should appeal to anyone here, FFG has put out a new boardgame called Chaos in the Old World. The players take on the roles of the Chaos Gods themselves and try and corrupt and dominate the Empire and its surrounding lands. So you get to scheme as Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh or Tzeentch, gather your followers and bring ruin to the realms of men.

Sounds pretty cool, and I know I'll be picking up a copy soon enough. FFG is, IMHO, my favourite gaming company these days.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=84&enmi=Chaos%20in%20the%20Old%20World

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cool Warhammer Boardgame

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:32 pm

I have yet to get a lemon from FFG. I like the look of this one as well.

Also I guess they're putting out a new card game. Get this though, Wade said it's called a "living" card game, meaning they put out expansions and stuff like a CCG, only each set is all self contained, meaning you get everything you need, and there is zero collectibility involved, which I sounds good to me!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Yeah, no blind draws, you buy the expansion, you get all the cards.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:42 pm

sounds like a couple of good products. I've always loved boardgames. Don't get enough chances to try some of these though.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:17 pm

I had the expansion for Battlestar Galactica and Chaos in the Old World on my prep list to buy. THey both came out at Gencon a fdew weeks and preorders happened during that time. I asked Al when they were coming in last week.. and someone at the Den.. not mentioning names, but it wasnt Al or Zaia, forgot to place the preorder.

So, both first runs and now sold out at Fantasy Flight.. you could prob pick one up on ebay or something.. but the hassle.

*sigh*

On a lighter note, the newest podcast fomr the The D6 generation (www.thed6generation.com) does a long review of Chaos in the Old World.. and it does like a great game. Fantasy Flight has been pumping out fantastic games as of late.. and they've guranteed more Warhammer games are on the way.

So when your by the Den next, ask for both games that way you can see Al simmer and put Darren on the spot.

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top