Playoffs: Dominique vs. Nathan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playoffs: Dominique vs. Nathan

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:52 am

Hey Dominique, when are you available for our playoff game next week? I'm gone this weekend but I think most of next week is open for me. By "open" I mean I am for sure available anytime after 7:30 but I can possibly be available earlier if need be. Of course I haven't consulted with my wife so I might be busier than I think!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playoffs: Dominique vs. Nathan

Post  Kuyp on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:30 pm

its hard to say for sure, next friday looks like it may be free but that's all i can see for now.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Ok, we will tentatively schedule it for Friday then. If you manage to find an evening before that let me know.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:03 pm

If you guys have time Friday for a second game I can come and play the winner to finish the league.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:09 pm

I will probably have time if we play the first game around 7ish on friday. I will also be around tomorrow evening starting at around 5 or 6ish if that works for you Dom.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:45 pm

is the den open that late on sunday? i think i could fit in a game at 6ish if we have a place to play at

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

We could play at my house if you'd like, I'll PM the address to you if that works.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:58 pm

so Nathan and me had our match up tonight, ended in a massacre for the tomb kings.
so it looks like its going to be the undead vrs the undead!!

There will be a detailed battle report latter when i take the time to write it all down.....

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Dominique played a rock-solid game and I... did not. Well done Dominique and good luck against Joe, should be an epic showdown.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:43 pm

okay time for the report
here is an idea of how the table was
dark green were forests, light brown were hills and dark brown is very difficult terrain, light blue represent characters.

Okay so I deployed first to the bottom of the picture, starting from the left of the field i had a prince in a chariot then ushabti, skeletons, casket of souls, the SSC, more skeletons with my hiro, and then some chariots with my king. i also had that big question mark as well....
to the top starting from the left Nathan had 2 units of 3 Pegasus knights a hero on a Pegasus, a lord on a Pegasus, some knights with a BSB, more knights, grail pilgrims, more knights, and finally 3 more Pegasus knights

I got turn 1 and moved the prince up around the small forest, and the chariots close to that big question mark. in my magic i moved the prince up a bit more and gave the chariots an extra shooting phase, which were outside of 24' range. the SSC also got an extra shooting phase and shot right at pilgrims caused 5 wounds but they did not panic the casket was dispelled. in the shooting phase the catapult got a direct hit on a very accurate guess how ever also misfired and did not shoot this turn or next and that was it for my turn 1. Nathan then moved the pilgrims and 1 unit of knights as a refused flank tactic as well as the Pegasus knights to the hill to try and flank my chariots. the bsb knights move straight up the table along with everything else, no magic and no shooting.

Turn 2: saw my prince line up for a charge on the flank, the ushabti and the nearby skeletons move closer to the Pegasus knights. the other block of skeletons moved a bit closer as well. the king and his chariots turned to face the Pegasus knights. magic was Nathans undoing as he had to let me get the prince to charge the hero on the Pegasus, the ushabti on one unit of Pegasus knights and the chariots on the unit of Pegasus knights on the hill to the right. i also made the ssc shoot to negate the previous misfire so it could do so in the shooting phase, but to my surprise it misfired again in the shooting phase and had the same result! also the casket of souls went off, but only caused 1 wound to a unit of Pegasus knights and 2? on the bsb's knights. the kings unit won combat by out right killing the entire unit but did not overrun. the prince didn't bring his combat gear and that combat ended up in a draw, the ushabti won and ran into the combat with the prince but the 1 remaining Pegasus got away. end of my turn 2. Nathan then charged his lord in to the nearby unit of skeletons, and the last unit of Pegasus knights charged in to help out the hero, the fleeing Pegasus continued to flee right of the table. he moved one unit of knights up toward the hill with the SSC and casket and kept the other 2 units in the center of the table so they could help out wherever needed the next turn. the lords combat was a draw and the massive prince/ hero/ Pegasus/ ushabti combat was lost by TK and they suffered 1 additional wound.

Turn 3, that question mark decided to turn into a scorpion but it misfired as well and Nathan got to place him wherever he wanted, which was at the top right hand side of the board all by his lonesome. the kings unit moved around to line up on the small flank of the centered knights and the other skeleton unit faced the flank of the knights that were getting close to my war machines. magic saw the king charge some knights and the skeletons charge the other knights, both were on a flank. the skeletons wounds were restored to full. combat was won by the chariots and they pursued and caught the knights and smashed into the side of the BSB's unit of knights, the lord lost combat with the skeletons but got away, and the other knights also lost the combat and ran in to the skeletons that were pursuing the lord. the massive combat was lost again by tomb kings but this time got destroyed by CR, the hero on the Pegasus is now on foot though. Nathan really needed to act quickly so his last unit of Pegasus charged the casket of souls and his lord rallied to face the king and his chariots, the hero moved up beside him to help out, the grail pilgrims moved closer to the rear of the chariot unit. but the chariot unit destroyed the knights and the BSB was left to run away to the other side of the lord and the hero that just got hit by the pursuing chariots Shocked and the Pegasus knights destroyed the casket and over ran of the table.

turn 4 one skeleton unit charged in to help out the the chariots the other skeletons moved to the bottom left quarter, the scorpion moved up a bit the hiro got as far away from the Pegasus knights as possible(they would be back soon). combat saw the chariots kill the hero and make the lord flee, this time the skeletons managed to catch the lord and run over the bsb that was fleeing, the chariots stayed put. in the brets turn the Pegasus knights moved back on to the table over to the bottom right hand quarter. the grail pilgrims move even closer to the chariots

turn 5 the chariots spin around to face the flank of the pilgrims and then magically charged, the pilgrims failed a fear test and got chased down, the ssc tried to fire at the Pegasus knights but didn't land a hit. Nathan then charged his Pegasus knights in to the chariots and managed to win combat by 1 point due to my king rolling 3 ones to hit and another one to wound.

turn six the knights were destroyed and there was nothing left for the tomb kings left to destroy.

i managed to capture 6 banners, 3 table quarters, his general and all his army
Nathan managed to kill my prince, a priest and the casket of souls and a unit of ushabti.

i'm sorry if its a bit confusing but, well lots happened and it all happened quickly. Nathan is there anything important or just ridiculous i forgot to mention?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:49 pm

That about sums up the massacre. Thanks for the battle report Dominique!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 pm

thanks for the report and diagram Dom.

Looks like magic was the undoing. This was your "suicide" version of the bretts Nathan right? I would guess we'll see a different magic version of them next league.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 pm

Nah, I'm going to take Dwarfs this next league I think. The Brets were fun but I enjoyed the painting and modelling part of building that army more than the actual playing. Its high time I gave my dwarfs some of that attention, I don't think I've painted a beard in years! Hopefully by taking them next league it will force me to do some dwarf painting.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:34 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top