WIP Orcs for painting challenge

Post  Mhael on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm

These are what i have to start, black orc command group. C&C much appreciated

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WIP Orcs for painting challenge

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm

They are looking good. The lighting in the pictures isn't the best but taking pictures of minis, especially of red and green minis, is really tough. What color red are you using for the armour? It looks like scab red, if that is right then I'd try brushing a bit of blood red on the raised areas and edges just to give it a bit more depth, then using a wash of devlan mud paying extra attention to the cracks and crevices on the armour. I think that would really make them pop for not too much more effort. The green skin is looking good especially on the one in the last picture.

I'm going to have to get a move on with my painting! I just started mine last night!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 pm

It's tough to make too much out in the pics, but what I see is neat and tidy, and that's good. Good job getting some painting done. I think I'll post the little guy I did the other night too. Keep it up!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 am

thanks for the input nathan that is scab red, over a base coat of liche purple and boltgun metal. I pondered last night how to define the armor better and had to paint various pieces other than purple to get some contrast, I willl try your suggestion. I really like my orc skin toning it is better on a couple other models I painted not too much skin on these guys. I found that a yellow ink wash as top coat brings out the layers of green and adds a nice tinge. not sure what to do for the banner either yet.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Looks good Andre, your painting is coming along. Nathan had some good suggestions to try on the armour. Good use of yellow wash on the skin.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top