Campaigns?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Campaigns?

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Has anyone bought that mighty empires campaign set or tried to set up a campaign in the past? I think it would be a fun thing to do, but I don't know how feasible it would be. Would anyone else be interested in an ongoing campaign (possibly as the league or within the league) or is it too much work?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigns?

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:11 pm

yeah a few of us have the mighty empires campaign and it has been tried in the past. They always break down as someone craps out and dosn't stay involved.

I've been thinking of just this topic for a bit now after seeing an article in white dwarf. Instead of a grandiose campaign involving lots of players, two friends derived a narrative campaign that looked to be alot of fun.

I would love to try this out on similar terms as the article. There would be no problems with counting the games in the league as such.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 pm

I think the easiest way to do this in Saskatoon would be to have a campaign with two or three sides. Players can get pulled into whatever side they need. A mighty Empires map coud always be photographed from turn to turn as well.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:40 am

I like that idea Scott, have 2 teams of 3 players or so and any games between those people count toward the campaign. I think we should try it next league, I'm up for it!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:33 pm

I have the like 1000 page Sentinel Mighty Empires rules.

I don't know if we want to go down that route though.

I'd love to get a campaign of some sort going though.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:51 am

We'll lets hear some ideas then. I vote for a narrative type campaign with renowned characters/units, gaming histories to units etc. Any one that hasn't checked out the above article I mentioned should take a look......now if I can just find what issue that was.

A great gamer blog where the player run these type of things is www.peegorespage.co.cc/index.html

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:42 am

I think the narrative would have to depend on who was playing and what armies were being used. I could bring Dwarfs, Wood Elves and/or Bretonnians to the table. I don't have the mighty empires set and I've never been a part of a campaign so I have no idea what is involved or even how one would really work. I am interested in the idea though and am willing to learn!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:32 pm

sounds like an epic im interested but could use more info

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 pm

I would definitely be up for something like this. I would bring vampires or wood elves.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Looks like there is some interest.

The grey mountains between Bretonnia and the Empire would probably work for a location: greenskins, undead, skaven, tomb kings to the south, chaos to the north, and Bretonnians, Empire, Dwarfs, Wood Elves all have a place in there. Plus it is close to the ocean so Lizardmen, High Elves and Dark Elves can get there quite easily and Ogres, beastmen and daemons can show up anywhere! I think that is every army accounted for.

Are we looking at having just 2 teams (good vs. evil) or are we going to break it up into smaller teams? 2 teams would probably be easier but more might make it more interesting.

I'm starting to get excited about this!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:40 pm

I'd go for two teams, and a third sort of "npc" element for people like myself who don't play as much anymore. Maybe my random orc horde can be used every now and again for an attack on a village or something.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Ive been thinking about something along these lines since Planetary Empires came out.

If I was going to do it, I'd defiintely keep the board at the den.. either in the front showcase or in the display case right before the back room. At least then it would alwasy be readily available for people playing games there and regualr joes can check it out and ooh and ahh over the board.

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:58 am

So lets start a list of who is interested and what affiliation they prefer. We can then work out the rules and style of combat and order of battles etc. I am still learning the dwarf book but could play either side if I brought ogres.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top