My Character

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Character

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:23 am

He's the Avatars of War Barbarian model. I painted him for a challenge on the WAMP site "Revenge is a dish best served cold" was the theme and it had to be a single fig on a gaming base. Here he is.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Character

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:05 am

I think it is a very cool idea but it lacks a bit in execution. I can see that you were going for a black on white body-paint look but at first glance it just looks like he is really pale. I'm not sure how you would fix that though. I suppose you could give his skin a bit of a blue tinge and put some snow on the base and really work the cold theme... hypothermic revenge!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Ouch. Round 1:Nathan.

I actually like the black paint. Don't think I don't see Conan in there somewhere either, and unless I'm mistaken I don't think you painted the skin white, but were just looking for more contrast with the light skin/black theme?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 pm

we'll I think it captures the "cold" theme quite we'll. If I'm not mistaken you tried the translucent "frost" color on the skin as I can see the Tatoo and skin trough the color. If so good work.....that really tough to do. Good fig overall, nice muted colors which I love, great gold work, gems are awesome. Only Crit I have is that the metal on the ax could use a bit more shading and depth. Nice base too!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the words. The effect was supposed to be body paint like in Conan the Barbarian, but I went back and made the skin a little more fleshy instead of tryig to get the full on white vs. black approach. I'll put up some pic's of the re-jiggered fig. Thanks for looking guys, I agree with all the comments for sure!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:31 pm

yup that really lifted the skin up, looks really good. I totally missed the Conan paint thing until it was mentioned. I'm ashamed Shocked

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top