Wed Night Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wed Night Game

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 pm

I just finished a game with Joe, and I was on the losing side of a massacre again. I was fully painted and, it was a ladder battle.

I am starting to get quite fed up with the unreliability of my Skaven army. I am seriously considering jumping ship and retiring my painted Skaven in favour of my unpainted Warriors of Chaos army. I am just not equipped to deal with such unreliability after playing Tomb Kings and Daemons for so long. It's not just that I'm losing, but I'm playing badly, and when I do try and make a good play, it always seems to fail for one reason or another. Quite painful.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wed Night Game

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:53 pm

As an Orc player I feel your plight. Nothing worse then a game when you actually do make all the best decisions you can, then feel the shame of failing a key animosity test, LD test, or any of the other number of horible things that can happen. It was also tough for me to go back to orcs after Dwarfs, TK, and demons. It's sure not for everyone!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 pm

I think I'll stick with the rats for Friday and see how things go then, but if not then I'd like to retire them until the new book comes out.

I really think the current list is holding me back... Slaves are almost mandatory and I hate them. You need multiple Clanrat units to take multiple units of anything else and I can't bring myself to buy any more of the ugly fuckers, so it really hampers me.

So at any rate I'm looking for some games on Friday. I can be there ALL DAY LONG.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 am

Eric, I'll be honest. When I played you -- I won. But there is no darn way I should have. You rolled as bad as anyone should have and as I've read on your battle reports you've rolled as bad as anyone can... ever. Now, Skaven can be a leadership army, like Beasts are, but your dice were BAAAAD. Don't give up on them as that's when they can be the most fun. I'm an @SS general, but I have a lot of fun with Beasts as I know going into it that I'm probably not going to win, but if I do? It's that much more fun.

You're one of the most clever guys I know, so if anyone can make Skaven work -- it's you. Think of it as a challenge to make an underdog army a League winner. Does that sound like a double-dog-dare-ya"?

I actualy LOVE the fact that Beasts can let me down from a dice roll as that can happen in real life. This game is about ROLLING DICE, and some armies do that better than others, but at the end of the day we're there just to play a game. Remember that.

You're a great general with an army that will test you. Good luck.

* I wrote this completely drunk, so if it soounds sappy you know why*

Last edited by squalie on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Drunk)

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 am

I think the rats are a unique and fun list to play against or with. The dice determine everything as I have seen with my ogre army one time a list will kick ass and then other times fail horribly, Skragg dying turn one or two really sucks and has happened twice.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:16 pm

Its definitely tough to switch out from an undead or deamon army to one that has to deal with pychology and leadership issues. I found the same thing when I stopped playing VampireCounts back in the early days of 6th edition. Harder to take when you know that the army book is just around the corner.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top