Favorite Warhammer Character

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Warhammer Character

Post  nathanr on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:50 pm

What is your favorite character for warhammer? It could be a special character, a super-powerful combat character of your own making or a wizard.

Mine are as follows:

Wood Elves:
Naked wardancer noble - They are good enough to not need any magic items, especially when placed in a unit of wardancers. They turn a 5-model unit of wardancers into a much bigger threat.

Dwarfs:
Dwarf Lord with shield bearers, runic great axe and runed up gromril armour.
with my particular rune combo his axe counts as a great axe (master rune of Kragg the Grim), giving him S6 but when fighting models with T5 or greater his strength goes up to 10 (Rune of Might). He is also +1 to hit (Rune of ?) meaning he hits on 2+ most of the time and always wounds on a 2+. He does strike last but his 1+ (rune of stone) armour save and 4+ (Master rune of Smiting?) ward save should be enough to keep him alive. Put him in a unit of hammerers and you have a block that will survive pretty much anything that can be thrown at it (which is good because your opponent will avoid it like the plague until the end when the rest of your army is destroyed and it is all by itself!)

Bretonnians:
I'm actually not a big fan of most Bretonnian characters but I really like the Green Knight. The model may be old, but it is still one of my favorites.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Warhammer Character

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Great Unclean one with Plague Sword and Noxious Vapours (??... the ASF one anyway). 10 wounds and going first doing D6 wounds at strength 8 means you say sorry to NO ONE! Loved that dude. It was awesome watching every single model bow down from a challenge. Lot's of fun...... and a total waste of points.

Dwarf Lord's for the fun dial-a-weapon action. Slayers for the awesome fluff, but horrible in the game. Black Orc's, Skarsnik, Grom all do right by me as well.

From other armies I can't really think of too much. I like the game abilities of Tomb Kings, and Settra looks to be a bad ass mo-fo but they don't tick all the boxes like the other guys.

Bret's eat my wang. Hate 'em.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 pm

My favourite in game terms was a Lizardmen Oldblood with the blade of realities and 4+ward save (necklace?). I'll never forget stareing down a hellblaster from a steamtank, taking 24 hits.......smiling and then opening up that tank like a tin can. Good stuff. I think my opponent in Calgary just about suffered a heartattack at that point.

Fluff wise would have to be the good old Empire General.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top