The 2K TK list

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 2K TK list

Post  Kuyp on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:16 pm

I thought id post one of my lists and see what you guys think. feel free to
pick it apart and tell me what you think, and what i could do to make it better.

Tomb King (general)
- Blade of mourning ( doubles break test modifier)
- Armour of the ages ( heavy amour +1 wound )
- talisman of protection (6+ ward save )
- shield

Liche Priest (hierophant)
- Golden ankhra (4+ ward save)
- steed

Tomb prince
- chariot
- light armour
- chariot of fire (D6+1 impact)
- shield
- spear

Icon Bearer (BSB)
- war banner ( +1 combat res)
- light armour

4 chariots (TP goes here)
- standard, champ, banner of the undying legion

23 skeleton warriors
- light armour, shields, hand weapon, no command

25 tomb guard ( TK + IB goes here)
- mirage standard, full command

Bone giant

screaming skull catapult
- skulls of the foe

10 skeleton warriors (x2)
- bows, hand weapon

so what do you think?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2K TK list

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:35 am

We'll at first glance I caught sight of the Tombguard bunker. Rock solid unit yes but If I played agianst this list I would avoid this unit like the plague or else feed it a loss points cost unit to tie it up for the game. With only 6 turns in a game its fairly easy to avoid units if one wants to. I would then try to pick apart the rest of the army which is weaker.

One thing you might want to keep in mind is to present multiple threats to an opponent. The trouble with all in one egg units is that they suck up so many points that the rest of the army is inherently weaker and easier to deal with.

Oh and as a TK player always keep in mind the survival of you Heriophant. I've seen just about every TK player use thier Herio. too aggressively and emd up loosing them.

I'm not saying it isn't a pretty good army but just a few points to keep in mind.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:28 am

I have played against tk many times and I think this list is terrible Sure the tomb guard with the bsb and general are a kick some ass unit but only six turns. We played dwarfs against this list and it was the boringest game ever tk basically avoided my dwarfs until an unfortunate turn six decision ended up taking my ironbreakers and the archers took my slayers other than this there was no fighting in the game. I believe in taking full units of archers with Kalida giving poiosoned attacks, tk always hits on 5 anyways auto wound on a six and up to seventy shots per turn makes for a much better sit and wait army. If I play against this list again you can be sure I will have uber-shooting forces instead of trying to get units into close combat to do damage.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:31 am

We played a game a couple days ago which saw Dom's hierophant destroyed by a lucky bolt thrower shot and the rest of the army collpased, by end he only had one liche priest on the table. the second game wouuld have ended in a very even draw other than my anxiousness to finally get into combat with a unit.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm

The problem with this list is that you aren't using the army to its fullest potential. I see the Tomb kings as more of a mobile fast-strike army. I'd never take skeletons that aren't armed with bows. They are only slightly less effective in close combat but they have much more flexibility in what you can do with them. Instead of the tomb guard I'd throw in a unit or 2 of ushtabi and/or some tomb scorpions. Get rid of the icon bearer, he's pretty much useless and take another priest. That way you have more chance to get off some crucial movement spells. If you do that then take another unit or 2 of chariots too, they are some of the best fast cavalry in the game. If that means you have to lose the bone giant then that is ok, he's not that great. I might even suggest trading the tomb king in for a lord-level priest to really boost the magic phase, magic is one of the army's strengths so use it.

That is my opinion, take it or leave it, but remember you beat my ass with an army similar to the suggestions that I have made!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top