Current and future painting projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Current and future painting projects

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 pm

So what is everyone working on now or have waiting to be painted?

Here is what I have that I'm hoping to get to in the next month or 2:
- "pegasus knights" for my bretonnian army. After the 2 I am currently painting I have 6 more to model up and paint but I'm taking it one step at a time. Hopefully I'll have the last 6 assembled by the time I want to use them in the upcoming league.
- The general for my bretonnian army as well as a hero-level character. One of them (not sure which one) will be my entry for the July "character" painting competition.
- The last 10 glade guard for my wood elf army, I've started painting them but they need one or two solid evenings of painting before I'd call them done.

Some long-range projects that I'm thinking about:
- Finishing off my multitude of dwarf projects that I have including re-basing my dwarf army. Currently their bases are just straight sand and I'd like to go with a cleaner cut stone look.
- Basing my wood elf army, I've started it and come up with a theme that I like, but it is a lot of work and I have a lot of things that I would rather spend my time on!
- I also want to get a box of the new dryads, the old metal ones I have definitely show their age and the new ones just look so cool.

I have enough work to last me for a long time but I'm sure I'll pick up more before I get through what I have already, it is a vicious cycle! Right now I just need to get back into the habit of painting regularly!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Current and future painting projects

Post  Tim Miller on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm currently finishing up 2 goblin spear chuckers. I'm about half finished a unit of 40+ night goblin spearmen and I've finished converting my unit of 10 trolls. 2 of them are painted, and I can't wait to try them out on the tabletop! Stuff to do:

2 more spear chuckers:)
Another spear unit:(
2 units of night goblin archers
Some spider riders
A couple black orcs and possibly a boar chariot.
Those 8 remaining trolls...

Also I've got a 40K Nurgle Marine army that isn't going to paint itself, even if I ask it nicely.

Tim Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Nice, your Orc & Goblin army sounds strangely similar to the one my brother is building! Are you planning on taking them in the summer league?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:09 pm

We'll I ve got 2 blocks of 12 crossbowmen left to finish up my initial 2000pt darkelven army.

I'm about half way through rebasing and touching up my Empire army.

After that I plan on building a Warriors army. Right now I'm also undecided wether I should restart my Orc army or rebuild it in an entirely different direction.

Plans plans plans.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Miller on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:10 pm

I hope so. I'm keen to try this Goblin army out. But my 40K Nurgle beckons as well.

Tim Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:06 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top