Playoffs Nathan vs. Andre

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playoffs Nathan vs. Andre

Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Ok Andre, lets do this! 2000 points and the winner goes to the finals. Any evening this week except Friday works for me but Thursday is best.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playoffs Nathan vs. Andre

Post  nathanr on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Andre and I played our playoff game tonight and I ended up with a minor victory. My shooting turned out to be a bit too much for the ogres, and in the end I was able to overwhelm the tyrant's forces. It was a well-fought battle on both sides and if the dice had fallen differently it could had a very different outcome. As it is I guess I'm on to the finals. Thanks for the game Andre!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 pm

Congrats Nathan. Sorry Andre - hope the Dwarfs fare better in the next league. I guess since I'm going to run all over Carson, I'll be playing you for the finals!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Here is a battle report, this is all going off the top of my head so I probably messed some stuff up, if I did then sorry!

My army -
Alter kindred highborn
wardancer noble
wardancer noble

30 glade guard (3 units of 10)
8 dryads
10 wardancers (2 units of 5)
5 wild riders
3 treekin
Treeman
5 waywatchers

Andre's army -

Tyrant
Butcher
Butcher

6 Ogre bulls
3 Ironguts
3 Ironguts
2 Leadbelchers
2 Leadbelchers
2 Leadbelchers
4 Maneaters
20 Gnoblars

We played at Andre's house and he had the terrain set up when I got there. The table looked like this:

When I say "right side of table or right flank" I am meaning --->
When I say "left side or left flank" I am meaning <---

The gray area to the left was difficult ground while the square gray area in the lower left is a hill The black areas are impassible while the green area is forest. The forest to the left is my free wood as I won choice of sides. I chose the bottom half with the hill. I deployed my 3 units of glade guard behind the hill with the dryads to the right of them and the treekin and treeman behind my free forest. The wardancers went on the far left flank behind the difficult ground. My wild riders and waywatchers went on the far right flank. He deployed 2 units of leadbelchers and the maneaters (with a butcher) on my left across from my treekin and treeman. His Gnoblars deployed across from my glade guard in between the impassible walls. His 2 ironguts units (one with a butcher and one with a tyrant) deployed across from the dryads between the rightmost wall and the pillars. A leadbelcher unit went to the right of them. Finally he deployed his unit of 6 bulls to the far right flank.

He took first turn and advanced toward me. His magic phase was fairly uneventful, he got off one buffing spell. His shooting phase was decent, he killed one wild rider with his tyrant's brace of handguns and put a wound on my treeman with his maneater's handguns. In my turn I advanced toward him, staying out of charge range. I moved my archers up onto the hill and moved my waywatchers around to his Bull's flank. My 30 archers targetted his maneaters and managed a whopping 8 wounds! He didn't save any of them and the unit was cut in half.

In his second turn he once again advanced toward me, his magic phase never really did anything all game so I won't include it anymore. In the shooting phase the leadbelchers opened fire. 2 units fired on the treekin and did 6 unsaved wounds. The other unit fired on the dryads and managed to kill 1. In my second turn my treekin charged the maneaters and my dryads charged his leadbelchers. My archers split their shots between the gnoblars who were getting too close and his tyrant's unit. The gnoblars took 8 wounds and fled while the ogres took 2. In the combat with the treekin the maneaters were slaughtered and the butcher fled only to be run down by the treekin. This panicked the leftmost leadbelchers who fled off the table. The dryads did 4 wounds and took one in return and the remaining leadbelcher fled. The dryads pursued into the butcher-led ironguts.

In his third turn his tyrant's ironguts charged the rear of the dryads and his remaining leadbelcher unit charged my unit of wardancers. With no shooting to speak of it came down to combat. The wardancers did 4 wounds and took one in return but the remaining leadbelcher held on for another round. The dryads killed 1 irongut but were then wiped out. In my turn I started the trek across the table to his remaining units, the treeman's terror panicked the gnoblars again who fled 12" toward the table edge and the glade guard poured 30 shots into the tyrant's ironguts with only 1 wound to show for it. The waywatchers and wild riders continued to play cat and mouse with the bulls on the right flank.

In his fourth turn he moved his remaining units toward mine, next turn would see a charge from one side or the other. His shooting was pretty much gone now and didn't do anything but his magic finally did something useful and killed 2 wild riders and 3 glade guard. In my turn 4 my wild riders charged his butcher's ironguts but fluffed their attacks. He did not fluff his and the riders were cut down. I again moved closer with the rest of my army and shot 20 close-range shots at his tyrant's ironguts. This time I killed them all except the tyrant. The waywatchers finally got a shot off and managed to put a wound on the bulls. The other unit of glade guard shot at the gnoblars at extreme range and managed to pick off a few more but not enough for a panic test.

In his fifth turn he wasn't quite able to charge with his tyrant. His butcher's ironguts lined themselves up against my glade guard and readied for a turn 6 charge. He shot his remaining leadbelcher at my waywatchers but only managed to kill 1. In my turn I charged his tyrant with my treeman and my highborn, hoping for a quick kill. I shot 20 close range shots at his butcher's ironguts and killed everything but the butcher. My waywatchers tried to shoot his leadbelcher but failed to score a wound. In combat I got 2 wounds on the tyrant while he only did 1 wound back on the treeman. He broke and fled 10" but I only pursued 5" with both my treeman and my highborn!

His turn 6 saw his tyrant rally and his butcher charge my glade guard. I stood and shot but did no wounds, in turn his butcher missed with all his attacks and I won by 1. He held. In my turn 6 I once again charged his tyrant with my treeman and highborn and his butcher with a unit of wardancers. I shot his gnoblars again and this time killed 5 more and panicked them off the table. I again did 2 wounds to the tyrant while he did one wound to my highborn. He once again broke and I once again failed to catch him but it didn't matter. The butcher did no wounds and I also did no wounds and his butcher held.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks for the rport, we don't have enough of them on this site. Looks like your shooting pretty much won you the game.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top