spring playoffs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

spring playoffs

Post  Carson on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 pm

league wrapped up yesterday with the tournament held down at the den. So that means playoffs are upon us

Nathan WoodElves 3/2/1 vs Andre Ogres 2/6/2

Carson DarkElves 5/1/2 vs Don Beastmen 1/5/4

Hopefully we'll knock these out soon, crown a new champion, take a short break and then start up a new (summer) league on Friday July17.

If you wish to join the new league you must sign up on this site to me and then pay your league fees 5$ at the den to Darren.

see ya

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: spring playoffs

Post  squalie on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm

When do we do this and how many points? Just what we agree on?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 pm

hey, you tell me when and where. 2000pts

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 pm

You won't know when. You won't know where. But someday when you look over your shoulder, I'll be there with 2000 points of Beasts looking for a @#$%-kickin'!

Seriously though, I'd like to get this going sooner than later so we can put this to bed. For it to be soon, it would have to be July 5th, or July 19th. I'll drive up and have a game or two.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:08 am

Andre and I are playing our game Wednesday evening. Make sure you keep whoever wins between us informed as to when you and Carson are playing in case you beat him and have to play one of us for the championship, that way you only have to make one trip out.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Will do.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:36 am

Hey Don, are you coming down next weekend (5th) to play Carson? If you are I'll make sure I'm around on Sunday to play the winner. I'm actually going down to Regina with the wife to take in the Rider game on friday and then going to her folk's place on Saturday but if there is Warhammer to be played I'll make sure I come back in time for it!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:25 am

Hey Carson, I remember you saying something in a previous topic about the top ladder finisher winning a regiment box, (link below) does that mean I won?

http://raveninghordes.forumakers.com/league-standings-f8/new-league-t277.htm

I did defend my ladder spot twice (against Andre and you) so I think my claim is somewhat legitimate. I didn't make it to the tournament though so I do feel bad about claiming it since I didn't make myself as available to ladder challenges as I should have.

Let me know, I'm good either way!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:59 am

good catch, I had forgot about that. I'll have to see what funds are available, depends upon if everyone paid or not.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:12 am

Like I said, it isn't that big a deal. I don't want to take away from the league champion's winnings or anything.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Also, quick note that the playoffs will wrap up this Sunday at the den as Don, Nathan, and myself battle it out for top dog spot. Come on down and watch the carnage.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:39 am

I may come down what time are you playing. Anyone interested in a game maybe a mock up 3000 pt list or a doubles game, Matt dean I'm looking at you buddy, anyone else?

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:12 am

I think Don and Carson are playing at noon-ish, then I play the winner right after that.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:18 pm

When/where do we sign up for the summer league?

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 am

I'll start a sign up thread after todays finals, after signing up pay your reg fee (5$) at the den.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Well, we have a new league champion, and it isn't me. Carson managed to beat me handily in a well-fought game. Congratulations Carson! Thanks also to Don for driving all the way from Moose Jaw for a single game. I'll leave it to Carson to post battle reports if he so chooses, as the victor he has the right to report the game as he sees fit!

I'm looking forward to this next league, I think I want some practice games with the new army so if anyone wants a "just for fun" game let me know and we'll set it up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Do we really need to hear Carson's battle report? I gotta' feeling it's going to be pretty biased anyways. Dark Elves this and Dark Elves that, my Hydra's awesome, my dice only have 6's printed on them...blah, blah, blah.

Seriously though; even though I drove 4 hours today to have my balls kicked so hard I'm wearing them like earrings, it actually was a pretty fun game. Even had a few of those close "what if" moments. Bottom line? I was simply outplayed by a better General. Carson notices those details that I don't see or set up and that makes a great player. Hats off to him and now that I have been welcomed into the fold by letting you guys beat me, it's time to take the gloves off. That's right, I've been faking being handicapped the whole time. Suckers!

Ok, enough Carson praise, let's get the next league going!!!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:05 pm

We'll pretty much everything went my way in both games. My shooting was especially good and the hydra just went to crazy town and killed everything it saw. I did make some good decisions in both games though in staying patient and picking my fights.

All in all, two fun games.

Highlight of the day was one of Don's chariots fleeing through two more chariots and a unit of minotaurs. Very Happy

So, onwards and upwards.....check out a new thread for league sign-up.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Miller on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:51 am

Congrats Carson! You are not only a man, but in this particular case you are the man as well.

Tim Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top