Here is the Pics as I go along

and another of the Hunter

Here is some rank and File

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ogres Projects so few models so much paint

Post  Carson on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:24 pm

finally some Ogres pIcs up here, good work Geoff. I like the tartan on the hunter.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Keep it up Geoff! Good to see something from you here.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Miller on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:21 am

There's a few too many pictures for my liking, although everything looks good. It's much better just to talk about what you're doing and refuse to post pictures. Here's a blog I really enjoy: http://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com/painting-and-converting-f3/at-long-last-new-and-improved-imperial-guard-t828.htm

Tim Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 am

Stash is the man! I'm kind of thinking about throwing an ogre army together. The low model count is what appeals to me right now. Well keep it up anyway Geoff, theyr'e sure as hell different to play then Dark Elves!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:13 pm

I've always wanted to put the ogres together as well. One of these days. Geoff are going to use the hunter model as the hunter. I think its a good unit but I've never seen anyone use it before.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:48 pm

I have been stubbornly trying to find the right combination of ogres to be competitive and the problem with the hunter is that he is move or fire takes up an extra hero choice and with two sabretusks costs aprrox. 185 which is better spent elsewhere same goes for the scraplauncher. I have wanted to try a game of ogres vs ogres. Also do not discount gnoblars, I once put out a block of 100 gnoblars and they stood the entire game absorbing warmachine fire.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

I like the flesh on the last Ogre.

OK, is by far one of my favorite armies and I have come sooooo close to starting one up numerous times. The problem is that the coolest looking stuff in the army is the least effective. I love the look of scraplaunchers and I think gnoblars are pretty neat but they will often let you down. Andre, I thought it was admirable that you took such big blocks of gnoblars and they were more of a tar-pit than I thought they would be. That's static res for ya'.

Manhunters are supposed to be a great pound-for-pound unit in an OK army.

Why don't we ALL start an OK army and then have a civil-war tournament?!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Ogres suck on the table. We all love the models (right?) but truth is they were bad in 6th, and unplayable in 7th. I know this is no shock to Geoff, or anyone here. You CAN win with them (6th edition league championship went to an Ogre Kingdoms player who used no gnoblars.... and has a great eyebrow!) but it is not easy. Eric played a Multiple Small Unit army for a while that was a very good version of a bad army, but it has to be played well and does NOT have a forgiving learning curve. They're bad for many reasons. Actually I think they're bad for every reason. My least favorite part about them is how they are just the poor mans version of Bretonians. Charge less, hit less hard, worse leadership, more expensive.

They cause fear though! But since you will only outnumber your opponent if he's the slow kid from the 3rd grade it means very little. And not needing to roll insane courage vs. other fear causers is only a good thing if you haven't lost combat by about 7 or 8 points. They eat balls.

Great models, and I STILL want to do an army even though I know all these facts.

Manhunters are okay. But at 80 points-ish a model you gotta expect that. And if they make combat, you have to wonder why you thought to make yourself feel good by playing the slow kid in the 3rd grade.

But I still want to paint them again. Sigh.....

Good luck Geoff.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

I think they are very weak in the ground the objective with them is the flanking if you fight up the middle you are doomed, you don;t have the models or the unit strenght to win in a long drawn out battle. The same rules that apply to skaven apply to the ogres hold the middle long enough for the sides to collapse and hope it works cause one bad dice roll and your playing on the short bus. Damn where are the short bus players when you need 3?

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top