Post  Carson on Wed May 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Thought I'd try my hand at a Chaos Champion of Tzeentch

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chaos Champion

Post  squalie on Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 pm

That's exactly what I want to do. Blues and snow!

I think a whole army would look good like this. Are we going to put the same armies on the table?

Where did you get the skull for the base, or did you just cut one in half? All the Chaos armies lately have had snow bases -- it seems I may be on the tail end of a fad...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu May 28, 2009 11:47 pm

redux of the champion

WIP Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch

Just playing around right now, might turn into an army though. The skull is from the knights sprue, glued down before sand was added...hence the depth. I think any of the armies from "the North" deserve the snow base treatment.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 pm

geez I've got to touch up the white on that helmet.....to much blue too high, me think.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri May 29, 2009 8:06 am

That is one blue ass helmet. Tzeentch? C'mon guys......

I like it, but hate tzeentchy stuff for certain.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 29, 2009 10:38 am

Hey some guys like Nurgle and some like Tzeentch.

I've had a Nurgle army and will never paint 30 different shades of rotten again. Had a Khorne army and too much red for me -- also bollocks tactics. Tried a Slaanesh army, but got so perverted that my wife told me to move on to Tzeentch...so there you are.

Let's be honest, the blue and snow do go well together. Because you don't like it that settles it, TZEENTCH FOR THE WIN!!!! cheers

I actually can't say that I want a "Tzeentch" army I just would like to look at something a little different than the traditional black/gold combo for chaos "undivided".

Scott, you have to admit that this army would look awesome on the table:
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54363

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Yeah Thats the look I was going for. I like the current incarnation of Tzeentch just for the ward save. Also I hate mixing marks so I'm going for an all Tzeentch barbarian hordes straight from the frozen steppes.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri May 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Also I hate mixing marks so I'm going for an all Tzeentch barbarian hordes straight from the frozen steppes.

That's what I was going to do! Crying or Very sad

Oh well, I guess can we can have a 2 on 2 sometime and have 10,000 points of Tzeentch Chaos on our side of the table! Twisted Evil

Carson, forgot to mention the tentacle on the fig. Cool touch and it looks well done.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri May 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Why don't you two queers get a room already!

That army looks cool, sure, but I pass that off more for the more muted look of the blue and a great basing scheme. If you're looking for props for picking tzeentch 'cause of the tabletop qualities it ain't gonna happen.

But your armies will look good, and that's important. You two have fun now!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri May 29, 2009 10:21 pm

So, I havn't been happy with my proposed color scheme so I am working on another test model. I'm going the more traditional way with black armour, and gold metallic trim. Happy with the bone colored helmet though so here is my WIP.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri May 29, 2009 11:58 pm

That's way less queer. I think it looks good but I would try to offer a little more variaton in your bone colored stuff. What I would reccomend would be to do the horns on the shield with a different base color and layer from their. Perhaps a brown base color on the horns vs. a really dark grey on the skull on the shield. A little sum' a' summthin' to break up the monotony. This guy will look great on his own but in a unit of twenty from 3 feet away all your hard work is gonna run together and not be distinguishable. I will cite the famous "Not three colors" paint score when Carson took a very well painted Lizardmen army to a tourny. It had LOTS of colors and three layers at least on each friggin' Saurus scale but from a distance, judged quickly it looked bland and uneventful. Apparently. Doesn't matter, I won the tourny and Carson had no chance anyway. But it was funny to see all his hard work get passed over in favor of a drybrushed khemri army painted by a more handsome Saskatchewanian.

But the moral Is that not only did I win the Tourny, but Carson didn't get his extra painting point because all the hard work done on a single model can easily get lost in a unit of 20 and actually detract from the overall picture. I think this model would be in danger of doing that exact same thing as your lizardmen army. And that is losing to Scott in a tournament, again.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat May 30, 2009 11:53 am

Thats what makes Tournaments so fun....all the crazy stuff that happens and gives us story tellen material. The 3 color story has followed me around a fair bit. Can't remember the last time I lost to you in a tournament though. Very Happy

The fig might get lost in the unit but its gonna be a good lookin unit

heres the finished product but me thinks I've got to fix up his horns. And I'm still going Tzneetch so eat my balls Radom.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat May 30, 2009 6:24 pm

I actually like the white Helm. I thought of actually doing an "Ivory" armour Chaos army, but couldn't decide what to do with the contrasting armour trim. Any thoughts?

Did you paint the fur or is that dry-brushing?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat May 30, 2009 11:24 pm

I thought of the same thing actually but was worried it would be too pale. Still think it could work really good aslong as you could find the "right" contraasting colors.

I painted the fur....roughly, joy to paint chaos figs I've always found.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun May 31, 2009 1:25 am

I just noticed something.

Scott, Carson, Golden Daemon winners, etc, paint different parts of a fig start to finish. What I mean is that I noticed Carson had painted his sheild including all the bone and gold colors, THEN went on to paint the rest of the fig in the same colors he'd already used.

Am I the only one that paints ALL of the gold at the same time on the entire fig, then paints ALL of another color at the same time. Am I the laziest mother-scratcher in the whole universe?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun May 31, 2009 3:00 am

Actually I am with you Don in terms of painting if it's a model and color scheme I am familiar with. Like painting a dwarf for an army, it's the face, then all the blue, the grey, the metal etc.

However on a fig that's a one off or something, which is usually what I do now, I never really plan it out. So I typically work from one are to the next from start to finish as I am not certain what I am going to be doing. Like the skin, the face, the pants, the cape, whatever.

I can't stand the Wd eavy metal paintign guides where they reccomend you paint the entire model with a single coat of paint, then go back over and paint the first highlights on the entire model etc. I just hate it.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun May 31, 2009 3:50 am

squalie wrote:

Am I the only one that paints ALL of the gold at the same time on the entire fig, then paints ALL of another color at the same time. Am I the laziest mother-scratcher in the whole universe?

lol no i do that too

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top