Mono Slaanesh Daemon army

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mono Slaanesh Daemon army

Post  squalie on Mon May 18, 2009 11:44 am

I have way too much other stuff to paint and I'm fooling myself if I think I'll paint this army. I have the following:

1 Keeper of secrets, partially assembled, no paint
1 The Masque (no picture, I got in the mail afterwards)
30 plastic daemonettes, assembled, no paint, 3 units of 10. All the flash and edges have been smoothed.
4 Fiends of slaanesh, assembled, no paint. The picture shows only 3, but I have a fourth that is painted that I got in a trade.
13 Mounted Daemonettes (Juan Diaz) 1 of which has been converted to be a Herald holding an Icon.

The bulk of the army is in the Seekers as I had to trade my first born to get them. I can make a 2000 point army with this as it stands, but was going to get Furies.

Sorry for the crappy pictures:

Anyone interested you can get a hold of me for price.

Thanks,
Don.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mono Slaanesh Daemon army

Post  ScottRadom on Mon May 18, 2009 1:36 pm

Well Don, I think eBay is going to be your best bet. That's something I would love to pick up and paint for eBay but I'd be looking for a real bargain. The kind that as a friend I would have to insult you to buy. The cost of the seekers is going to push that thing up! If it's all assembled and ready to play in a pinch that will help things too!

If you do go for eBay I would reccomend putting a small army list in the description with point totals, and try to boost it up to 2250 (I think that's becoming a popular point total for events).

Good luck!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 18, 2009 3:18 pm

I paid $200.00 for the 13 Seekers alone. I have a fellow with a hook in his mouth on Bartertown as I write this.

I have a lot of interest in this army as everyone wants the Seekers, but they don't want to pay for them and usually don't need the rest. If I can't strike up a good deal on Bartertown then I think I will actually paint this army up to a good table top standard (which is the best I can paint) and then see what happens on ebay.

OR, I could give you the army Scott, have you paint it up and we'll split the difference. Hmmmm, gears are turning...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ben the kid is back on Mon May 18, 2009 4:36 pm

i could use the 10 daemonettes for 40k what would be a good price? also since you live in moose jaw when you come down we could trade and have a game.

ben the kid is back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Charming as always Ben, but I'm trying to sell the army as a whole. If that doesn't work, then I'll part it out and be in touch.

The next time I'm in Saskatoon, we'll have a game. Take care.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon May 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Don, you could always try to list it on eBay unpainted with a high starting price or reserve. Also on May 19th there is a special 5 cent listing thingy so it's literraly a nickel to give it a shot.

And if you do decide to paint up the whole works, you should see about an airbrush. We could always try to set up a time for you to come in and we could get the first coat on that entire army in an afternoon.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ben the kid is back on Mon May 18, 2009 7:14 pm

squalie wrote:Charming as always Ben, but I'm trying to sell the army as a whole. If that doesn't work, then I'll part it out and be in touch.

The next time I'm in Saskatoon, we'll have a game. Take care.

ok and when will you be down here

ben the kid is back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 pm

nice job on the conversions there Don, by the way what are asking/hoping for the army. Ebay is really hit or miss for whole army deals. I think your best bet would be to quickly (airbrush) paint it up and then sell as a painted army.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue May 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Retail the army is about $420.00 USD. I thought if I went 25% off of that, that would be about right. On Bartertown I have a fellow that's offering $300.00 plus a bunch of NIB Chaos warrior stuff so I think I'm going to run with that. My goal was about $350.00 USD and that's based on the fact I have 13 Seekers -- that's the meat of the army. It was an absolute hassle to get those Seekers and I guess that's what I'm holding onto.

Don't think for a second that I didn't think what a well painted Slaanesh army might go for on ebay. I simply have too much other stuff that I'll actually play with that I have to paint. I played this army twice and both players said they didn't want to see it again. I actually felt guilty playing this army. You read battle reports of guys playing against Daemons, but it's a different thing to be on the Daemon side of the table wincing everytime your opponent fails a leadership test...which happens often with this army.

I have a huge WoC army that I'm focusing on now so it's A-ok.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue May 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Yep. demons are one army that it's tough to win friends with. Eric came up with the most fair list I've played against, but the stigma is still there. What a horrible book.

I'd go for the bartertown trade as well. Sounds good to me! The seekers are just one of those things. I have a box of Marvel trading cards I payed a lot more than 130 for.....

Also in a thradjack, my great unclean one sold for about 220$ US. So it's about 70 ish over cost, and the exchange was good when I bought it, so maybe as much as 90. So that's okay, but nothing I can retire on.

Good luck with the trade Don!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue May 19, 2009 11:04 pm

I was watching that auction actually. I almost bid on it, I just frickin' LOVE that fig! But then I realised that it wouldn't end there and I would have to buy the rest of the Nurgle stuff off of you and so on, and so on...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 pm

No offence to Scott...it was painted nicely.....but I find that anything with the words forge world in it makes the typical bidders froth at the mouth.

Next time I place an item my description will be blah blah blah, forge world, blah blah blah. Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top