get out quick before i get massacared!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

get out quick before i get massacared!

Post  Kuyp on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 pm

so Andre and i played a game Ok vrs Tk. it was a scenario where each player has
there own statue to defend and capture the other plus hold table quarters. in the end
i had 2 groups of 5 fast cav one half dead unit of tomb guard, a bone giant and settra.
i only managed to escape a massacre by hold both statues tying up 3/4 TQ, and killing
his general in turn 5.

this game was over before it stated becuse of my broken list i was fielding; trying to make better
use of the bone giants (it didn't work), and even with all my skill trying to manuver around
him to make him flee in to impassable terrain and what not he brought that to and abrupt end
when he said NO to my magic phase(turn2) by stopping it completely with dispel scrolls and a billion
dispel dice! the rest of the game was me avoiding him to stay alive.

ended in a minor victory for Andre

now for all you seasoned veterans what is the best way to make use of the bone giants???
every time i use one i find they don't do enough, they ussauly dont die on me, but they dont
dish out that much damage i find any advise ?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: get out quick before i get massacared!

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:34 am

I'm not sure as I've rarely faced Tomb Kings but I think that it is probably like most giants and other big monsters, they are best used in combination with another unit. While a single bone giant can dish out an impressive amount of wounds, if you are using it by itself against a fully ranked unit of infantry it is starting the combat down by 5 (3 ranks, outnumber and standard). It needs to get 5 wounds just to break even. If you can use it to charge in with another unit (maybe even on the flank) then you start the combat evenly (or even up) and all the wounds that the giant can do make sure that you win the combat by a lot.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:08 pm

that's kinda what i figured!!
i tried keeping two bone giants alongside settra and they would charge at the same time
thats a big bonus going against rank and file because, you get D6 + 1 impact as well as
settras sword that will usually reduce the enemy's ws to1 for the rest of the combat
making it a little better fort the bone giants to hit hard. this was my thought anyway.
and then there's the hole terror causing thing...

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top