Seriously, April 18th. Can we make a day of it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seriously, April 18th. Can we make a day of it?

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:20 pm

This time I'm going to make it clear. I'm driving up Friday April 17th to be ready Sat morning. I would like to get 3+ league games in, so anybody interested start posting so we can work this out. I would like to get the first game going @ 10:30am. I'm bringing Beasts and have 2000 point armies at the ready, but if someone wants to change that amount, tell me now and we'll make it happen. Does the Den ever stay open late?

If Scott's still good for Rockband and Beer (on me), then that's what I'm doing in the evening. If that doesn't work out, then I'll play Warhammer 'til I drop (If there's a place to play.) Either way I win. Sunday morning, my wife drives home as I sleep in the back with a hang-over.

I'm driving up regardless, so who wants a piece?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously, April 18th. Can we make a day of it?

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Rock Band is still a go.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:11 pm

I'll play you at 10:30. My daughter will be up at 6 anyway so 10:30 doesn't seem too early! 2000 points sounds good for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:23 pm

I'll be there for sure, good for games all day.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:39 am

Alright, Nathan @ 10:30. It's about time we had a "rough-and-tumble." Anyone that can name that movie reference gets a free...something. Carson, would love to get a game in right after, which means I have room for AT LEAST one more. Eric, if your willing to have a bunch o' goats running all over you, the proverbial gauntlet is being slapped across your proverbial face.

If everyone beats me in the first few turns that just means more games !

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 am

Yeah, I'm in.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patchfur on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:02 pm

I am good for a game in the afternoon. The brettonians need to go for a run.

Patchfur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Hee-hee. "Patchfur".

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Saturday 18th

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:29 pm

I can be in around 1:30 with my dark elves.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patchfur on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:51 am

Good! I haven't lanced dark elves in a long time!

Patchfur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Saturday

Post  Ironwoulf on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:27 am

Patchfur wrote:Good! I haven't lanced dark elves in a long time!

Yes i will be there, Lance away if you can catch me

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Well, Don and I had a game right at the crack of dawn and I managed to massacre him. Only his doombull remained at the end of turn 6 and he was surrounded by angry wood elves and tree spirits. The game was great fun, my dice were blessed and Don's were cursed but he remained upbeat and a true sportsman to the end. The highlight for me was the Treeman vs. Giant duel which resulted in a dead giant after two rounds but the treeman paid dearly for the victory taking 5 wounds in return, his ward save was the only thing that saved him as he saved 2 of the 3 wounds the giant dealt.

Unfortunately I had to go after that and I didn't get a chance to return as my wife had errands to run which meant I had to watch my daughter. Hopefully the rest of the day was a success and I hope you can make it out for another weekend sometime Don. I will definately have to have a re-match with you sometime. Also Carson, I will hopefully give you another shot at the top ladder spot soon!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 am

Great game with Nathan, and he's right; the scrap with Treeman vs. Giant is why we play this game -- cool stuff indeed. Wow, did Nathan kick my junk in! I don't think I'll drive up again unless Nathan burns his dice. The man has a black-belt in dice rolling.

Next game was with Eric, playing Skaven. Eric conceded, which gave me the massacre, but his dice hated him. No amount of mad general skills was going to overcome the crappy dice rolls he was turning out. Would love a rematch as that's Warhammer for ya'.

Carson, massacred me with his Dark Elves, but I can't trust those cheatin' buggers so I don't really know what happened. Everytime I went to the bathroom, or went to get a drink I had less models. He insists that's because he was killing them off, but I can't be sure...

Last game was with Gonda, and his 2 HYDRA! (sorry, finger hit the shift key) Dark Elf list and we played as fast as we could before the Den closed. We settled on a draw and Rob was the gentleman he's known to be.

All good games and great guys. I'll certainly make a trip before the tourny in June.

Thanks for the day.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:25 pm

great times by all yesterday, bunch of games played. William signed up and played a couple games to coincide with his tournament play credit.

results: Nathan vs Don.....massacre for Nathan
Don vs Eric......massacre for Don
Bob vs William......massacre for William......WTF.....I was watching this game and left when Bob looked like he was handing William his ass.....thats warhammer!
Carson vs Don......massacre for Carson
William vs Carson......massacre for Carson
Don vs Bob......tie

So not what you usually see...lots of massacres and a single tie

check the league update for new numbers.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Saturday

Post  Ironwoulf on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Carson wrote:great times by all yesterday, bunch of games played. William signed up and played a couple games to coincide with his tournament play credit.

results: Nathan vs Don.....massacre for Nathan
Don vs Eric......massacre for Don
Bob vs William......massacre for William......WTF.....I was watching this game and left when Bob looked like he was handing William his ass.....thats warhammer!
Carson vs Don......massacre for Carson
William vs Carson......massacre for Carson
Don vs Bob......tie

So not what you usually see...lots of massacres and a single tie

check the league update for new numbers.
I should have had William, I killed half his knights first turn of shooting with 10 crossbowmen and 10 corsairs with handbows. I made a tactical mistake in turn 2 that came back to haunt me.
With more time i think Don would have beat me, he had a lot of hard hitting units that came in waves. Hydras are good when they make thier rolls and used properly, they need support. As it is the 2 hydra army is 0 for 3(Kendric kicked my ass with his battle frenzied vampire army)

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:03 pm

yeah The problem I've seen with the new Hydra's are that they are so "good" that I often think they can do more than they can. They are lethal with minimal support however and can soak up an incredible amount of shooting which is fantastic against shooty armies.
Two hydras seems really mean but man william demonstrated how a large infantry unit with decsent leadership can stand up to one..........by itself, once the support rolled in then the hydra turned gold driving up additional combat resolution through kills and the staic res throught he support.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top