I don't want to alarm anyone...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I don't want to alarm anyone...

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:56 am

While I wouldn't normally refer anyone to a post of such dubious quality, it seems that the right people (those who are usually 100% reliable on such matters) have given this post silent or implied nods of approval:
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191577

So I just landed back from a short trip to visit with those crazy red coats on the otherside of the pond. My job in the military provides me a great deal of opportunity to explore the ins and outs of the world. Well needless to say when I went to the island I wanted to see the roots of GW...just so happened that one of my hosts brother works inside a development studio of a company that may or may not have a connection with a company that is mentioned quite a bit in this forum. Thats about as much as I will divulge on that subject... After some conversating he was able to arrange a late night game and visit to the studio. It was possibly the coolest Warhammer experience I have had in my entire life. Being surrounded by these people that live and breath the game is inspiring. Well needless to say there was about 5 of us in the studio, doing what the english do best...drinking and playing games. Well the 3 actual staffers got to talking and let me in on what is currently in the works. Lets just say there is a nearly completed Army book and range of miniatures that is amazing. The idea is apparently supposed to re-kindle the current state of the company and bring back alot of previous gamers that have not been spending as well as attract new gamers. The idea of a surprise new army release is the whole grand scheme...something no one expected. They said that is why there is a gap in releases for fantasy mini's. This range is nothing we have ever seen before. Something completely new that is supposed to take everyone (in and outside of the game) by surprise. A disturbance, bigger than the tear that Chaos brought, brings in this new race. It was like a dream come true for me. I really am biting my tongue here...but just think the opposite side of the road in regards to the later. Sorry...but thats all I've got.

Ugly post, interesting message.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't want to alarm anyone...

Post  nathanr on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:55 am

I bet it is either Cathay or Dragons. Either that or I am wasting my time converting an angel army...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:12 am

It's Squats I tells ya!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:53 am

if it accurate I'd say cathay or the return of chaos dwarfs.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:27 am

Ah from the description, if it's accurate, I would geuss something totally crazy and unique. Spider people or some shit. I'll jump on them for sure, whatever they are. I need something new to get me back into the army painting mode. Is this the mystery 4th quarter release for this year? Anyone know?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:28 am

not sure but I've been really impressed with GW lately with the amount of new stuff thier putting out. I love the second wave release ideas. New steamtank, plastic greatswords and huntsmen, new darkelve characters etc. A new fluff empire book is also on the way with state troop descriptions and pictures.

Weirdest of all is my enthusiasim for a new Skaven book. I will 100% be building that army when its released.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:15 pm

I think it's mentioned in the thread that it's not Chaos Dwarfs -- and I would hurt a family member to make that happen. I think that the way it's talked about that Nathan may be right. I think that there could be an Angel, Deva, etc army on the way. Just means that I have to make my Chaos army that much bigger....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:21 am

In reading through all 20+ pages of speculation on Warseer I'm thinking more and more that it is a thread started by GW's R&D department. They throw out a general post hinting at somthing that will bring old players back and get new players interested and then sit back and see what the people want. It is pretty brilliant actually. They even got that Harry guy to keep the discussion going by posting every time the discussion started winding down. The thread was even closed and then re-opened a day later (an official PM along with a non-disclosure agreement to a mod?)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendric on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Maybe the old ones are returning.

Kendric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ben the kid is back on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 pm

maybe they will tell us what happens next in warhammer history. like maybe when the next chaos invasion is finished

ben the kid is back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top