Wood Elf League list

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wood Elf League list

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Here is the list I've used thus far in the league. It has netted me a win and a draw and I'm fairly happy with it. I haven't listed the magic items since that would be giving away a bit too much (but if you know the wood elf magic items you can probably guess what most of my characters have!):

Alter Kindred Highborn
Wardancer Kindred Noble
Wardancer Kindred Noble
10 glade guard
10 glade guard
10 glade guard
5 Wardancers w/ champion
5 Wardancers w/ champion
5 Wild Riders w/ full command
3 Treekin
1 Treeman
8 Waywatchers

Lots of bowshots, no anti-magic although some of my units have Magic Resistance so that helps a bit, Lots of attacks in close combat and most units are immune to psychology. It is fragile but highly manouverable, just the way wood elves are supposed to be. The treeman also provides a large, terror causing anchor for my close combat forces.

I may dabble in the magic for a few of my future games, or throw in a wild rider kindred character or a lord on a dragon, but I have limited models so regardless of my character selection this is more or less what the rest of my army will look like!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wood Elf League list

Post  Carson on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Its a cool list and really tough on the table. Only one banner in the whole army though and lots of ward save potential. I hate ward saves pale

The only unit I really don't like are the waywatchers....thier too good!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 pm

But expensive and oh so fragile! Plus Tomb King shooting absolutely destroys them! "Who cares if they are at long range, skirmishing, in hard cover and have waywatcher camoflage! I still hit on 5+!" and against Ogres they are less useful than glade guard.

They are usually a hit or miss unit, sometimes they rock the house and sometimes they shit the bed!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Waywatchers? Too good?

How?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:57 pm

They are the best scouts in the game, they can deploy anywhere on the table, even in plain sight, They have character-level Ballistic Skill and they are killing blow at close range and they are at least -2 to hit if you are shooting at them. They are excellent at killing low toughness enemies. Plus the models just look cool! In my game against Carson they ended up killing his Lord on the last turn but earlier in the game they played a big role in killing a unit of dark riders and his executioners. They also march-blocked most of his army and put some hurt on several corsairs and crossbowmen. Probably doubled their points value in kills. Against Andre's Ogres the game before they were less lethal but they did their fair share of disruption and march-blocking.

I don't think they are "too good" but they are definately very good.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top