Eric's Daemon army blog. --> Now an Army Challenge Army Blog!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eric's Daemon army blog. --> Now an Army Challenge Army Blog!

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:13 am

With the Warstore order on its way I will soon have 3500 points of Daemons in my grubby paws. I figured this was a good time to start an army blog.

So far, I have constructed 30 Daemonettes, 5 Mounted Daemonettes, Belakor and just spent the last 8 hours assembling my Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets. I think my eyes have gone sticking the little spiky bits all over her, but I do believe the struggle has been worth it. I really think the Forgeworld Keeper is the best of the Forgeworld Daemons, despite what Scott says about his big stinky look-alike.

None of this stuff has been painted yet, but I've recently invested in some professional grade specialty acrylics from Golden Paints. I have a handful of interesting iridescent and pearlescent paints, and even a lenticular interference paint (like the holograms on money). I'm still looking for the phosphorescent green so I can begin my work in earnest and all can tremble before my Daemony goodness.

Once I get everything assembled and primed, I'll be making as many of my league games as possible upsize games, as Scott, Carson, Rob, and others have seemed to have fun at the higher points level.

I'll be posting pictures and battle results here. Expect pictures of the spiky bitch goddess tonight when Sarah gets back with the camera, if I can focus my eyes enough to take it (maybe I will get her to take it for me...).

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric's Daemon army blog. --> Now an Army Challenge Army Blog!

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:59 am

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 pm

That will be a fun model to kill.

I do look forward to seeing what all the new paints translate too on the miniatures. I've really enjoyed using oil/turpentine washes over the standard fig acrylics. I am always keen to see what non-standard techniques look like up close and personal. Having just started to take pic's of my stuff and seeing pic's of others I know some things just don't translate well until you pick the fig up and look at it!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:24 am

I can't help but say be carefull with that forgeworld greater daemon, especially with the locks. I have a 40k piece with resin pieces that small and one bump would break them off...just brushing it with the side of your finger to grab the model would snap them. Hope you have good luck with it.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:57 pm

Everything is pinned, green stuffed and glued. Everything except the little spikes, which are pretty firmly attached.

I don't expect any problems.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Daemonic Delay

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 am

It appears that thewarstore.com sent my army order to Australia, so assembly of the rest of my army will be somewhat delayed while they clear that up. Looks like I will be getting a free 40k rulebook from them as an apology for the mixup.

Guess I should start actually painting what I already have... If only I had some will to do it!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Any new progress? Any models primed or assembled. Anything you can throw down on the table and play with yet?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:28 pm

RickyDMMontoya wrote:Everything is pinned, green stuffed and glued. Everything except the little spikes, which are pretty firmly attached.

I don't expect any problems.

I dont mean being pinned I mean it will break in half, not necessarily where it is glued on.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Well, I have all my metal Daemonettes assembled, Belakor and all the mounted Daemonettes assembled, assembling my direct only Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut, assembling my Herald of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh, and waiting on my Bloodletters, Bloodcrusher, Fiend, Disc and Herald of Tzeentch. I still can't believe they sent it to Australia.

I've started painting the Keeper of Secrets, the iridescent pearl is pretty metallic, so I think I'm going to have to tone it down a bit, but the interference violet is amazing. You can't see it when you look at it, but when you look across it, there's a purple shimmer across the painted area. Going to be fullsick when I get it nice and smooth.

I'll try and get some WIP pics up soon, but I don't think the violet is going to capture well.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:44 pm

RickyDMMontoya wrote:Well, I have all my metal Daemonettes assembled, Belakor and all the mounted Daemonettes assembled, assembling my direct only Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut, assembling my Herald of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh, and waiting on my Bloodletters, Bloodcrusher, Fiend, Disc and Herald of Tzeentch. I still can't believe they sent it to Australia.

I've started painting the Keeper of Secrets, the iridescent pearl is pretty metallic, so I think I'm going to have to tone it down a bit, but the interference violet is amazing. You can't see it when you look at it, but when you look across it, there's a purple shimmer across the painted area. Going to be fullsick when I get it nice and smooth.

I'll try and get some WIP pics up soon, but I don't think the violet is going to capture well.

Hey not to brag but I ordered some stuff from forgeworld and it arrive on july 11 at noon. I ordered it on July 9th! Pretty awesome!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Updates

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:49 pm

Here are a few pics of what I've gotten (at least partially) assembled so far. I hope to have the rest finished by tomorrow. Just 2 Bloodcrushers, 6 Screamers and 5 Flesh Hounds left, and then to start on the conversions.

So far there's the Keeper of Secrets, Belakor (as a Daemon Prince), the Masque, a soon to be winged Herald of Tzeentch BSB, the Bluescribes (the Disc will soon include them on it once I get my hands on some Horrors), Karanak, 30 Bloodletters, 30 Daemonettes, 2 Fiends, 6 Furies, 5 Seekers.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:54 pm

Looks good, how many horrors do you need? I won't get around to mine any time soon so I may as well ship 'em out!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Is that a vargulf in the bottom right?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:43 pm

No, that is Karanak. The three headed Flesh Hound unit champion.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:29 pm

How many points is that army? I'm assuming more than 2000 with all the high-point daemony models.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:31 pm

It's 3500 all told. I am hoping to get others to try some larger point games this league rather than just the standard 2000.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:14 pm

C'mon, Eric. I see a ton of paints in the background, so there are no excuses. That would be a cool painted army.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:28 pm

The excuse is pretty much school. Calgary and the league playoffs might have burnt up all of my Warhammer time for the rest of this term.

I've got a group research project due this Friday, a 30 page paper due Dec. 4, an as yet unrevealed written assignment in International Trade Law, and my usual 100+ pages of reading every night.

I don't know if I'll even be able to continue with the challenge at all.

Lame, but I am feeling pretty pressed right now.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:31 pm

Sounds like somebody needs to listen to "Eye of the Tiger" a little more often....

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Yeah probably.

I'm trying to get another BSB done for October (how many Battle Standards do you need in one army anyways?) so maybe it will happen.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top