League Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

League Rules

Post  Carson on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:15 pm

The Warhammer League here has gone through several versions over the years with additional rules, sceanrios and events. In an effort to get back to the basics, the rules have been simplified.
-The famous ladder system...implemented by Scott Radom in the very beginning, is still in use. One can jump higher up the ladder by defeating a higher placed opponent within 3 spots. Once per League, a player may Issue a challenge to any spot on the ladder as a "wild Card Challenge".

-In general, each league runs for 4 months followed by the playoffs and crowning of a new league champion. Those that make the playoffs are determined by the top spots on the ladder, highest points leaders, and the number of involved players. All players have to play at least 5 games to qualify for the playoffs. The playoffs will be broken down into 1-4, 2-3, etc.

-league fees are 5 dollars per league season.....please everyone remember to pay thier league fee's. Its a very small price and all the collected monies are payed out to the champion and runner up in a 60-40 split.

-league points are determined by games:Crushing victory 8-2, victory 6-3, tie 4-4 The players can also earn a bonus point by: fully painted +1, ladder challenge battle +1. Players are also awarded 2league points for every tournament battle or special event that they attend. Players will recieve a cumulative -1 point for each game that they play the same person to a minimum of 2.

-The top finishing ladder positions will be awarded "masters points" based on position.....3, 2, 1.
-Players must play the same army the whole league unless attending a special event. In order to further promote the spirit of increased game play, players that play matches involving other armies or non league members will still benefit from game count but will only recieve 2 points a piece for league points.

-Each league we try to have either a full point tournament, an introductory (night apocolypse) 1250pt tournament, or mega battle.

-All battles are to be reported to the current league organizer on the league reporting thread which will be created at the begiining of each league by the organizer.

-Other than that everyone just needs to have fun and play fair!

Carson

Last edited by Carson on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 6 times in total

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: League Rules

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:16 am

Two questions for doubles games:

Can a doubles game count as a ladder challenge?

How would a doubles game count for fully painted? Is each player responsible for their own army or does the whole team have to be painted to get the point?

I really like playing in team games and I'd like to see more team games played so I just wanted to get these cleared up.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:47 am

in order...

no

each player gets the point based on his own army

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:10 pm

I've updated the league rules *see above** as discussed by the league members. Check them out, hope everyone is OK with the changes.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Kristian on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:05 pm

League History

Things look awesome Carson can't wait to get back into the swing of things.

As a bit of history the Ravening Hordes Warhammer League goes back well before the hermit known as Scott Radomski joined up and invented the awesome 'Ladder System'Smile At one point we had 30 registered Warhammer players and of those Paul Jessop, Geoff Klassen and Rob Gonda were key members. I remember Rob being so hardcore that he actually had 2 different armies listed in the League....he was fanatical...well he still is:) And Paul and Geoff, well they have always loved playing each other:)
We had a couple of great tourneys at the UofS, I remember a great one at what is now the closed Tramps in Grovenor Mall and many big games at Kierans House.

I have a crap load of pics from tourneys and league play, I will try to get them linked.

Later

Duke Kristian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:41 pm

I've updated the rules to comply with 8th edition.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 am

When someone takes your ladder spot do you switch places on the ladder? I think it is a little harsh that you can go from first place to last place on the results of a single wild card challenge game. I'm not looking to have it changed mid-league but it is something to think about for next league. I'd much rather see the loser of a ladder challenge get shifted down one spot. I suppose that makes it a bit unfair to the person in second place though as he could be knocked out of his ladder spot through no fault of his own. Maybe if someone wins the first place on the ladder the loser gets knocked to third so the second place stays as it is. That makes the 2 top spots valuable and secure until their owner loses.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Missed this Nathan....yup you switch spots. Just don't loose Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 am

I should be saying that to you, you're the target now!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top