Uber-armies of death!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uber-armies of death!

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Ok, here we go. I challenge you to make the most broken, over-the-top, make-your-opponent-cry-like-a-little-girl army list. Our league has been really good about building fair, sportsmanlike armies with the aim of having enjoyable games rather than winning at all costs. Well here is your chance to show off just how sportsmanlike you are being by not taking the list you post here!

Try to keep it at 2000 points and also try to do it for the army that you are playing this league. Please do not use any of the lists which will be posted here for actual game play, more use the lists as warning as to what you should not do.

I'll post a couple of mine tonight (hint: one has a special character, one has 2 treemen!)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uber-armies of death!

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm

I'll also post mine tonight. I guess it's up to us Nathan, to keep this site going.....that's right, you heard me boys!!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:06 pm

4 Warlock Engineers, full equipment, 1 with Storm Daemon

4 units of Clanrats, each with a Ratling Gun

4 units of 10 Jezzails

2 units of ~24 slaves.

So that's almost 200 models on the table, a 10 dice magic phase consisting entirely of 2d6 S5 magic missiles (and 1d6 S5 from the bound spell), 4 Ratling Guns for probably 2 dozen S4 armour piercing hits and 40 S6 armour piercing Jezzail shots in the shooting phase.

Most enemies would probably be losing in the neighbourhood of 60 models a turn against this list.

Or maybe drop 10 Jezzails to pick up 2 Warp Lightning Cannons to snipe characters once their units are obliterated.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Oh yeah here,s one
5 units of 100 Gnoblars
5 units of 3 bulls with ironfists
tyrant
bruiser (bsb)

Just kidding but that takes away enough jezzrail shots for me to get close plus with forty shots double ones are sure to come. Bulls on Parade da na na na na. intersperced units of bulls and waves of single line 100 strong gnoblars may be fun enough to try out (although I wouldn't bet the farm on that one).

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:53 pm

No such thing as an Uber-Ogre list.

Probably the best place to look for terrible army lists is the UK tournament sceen. Pure bullshit!

My planned DarkElves list is pretty bad......I won't be using that one...not my style.

Eric's looks close enough! Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:32 pm

There are only 2 things that frighten me; Mr. T, and this list.

4 Warlock Engineers, full equipment, 1 with Storm Daemon

4 units of Clanrats, each with a Ratling Gun

4 units of 10 Jezzails

2 units of ~24 slaves.

So that's almost 200 models on the table, a 10 dice magic phase consisting entirely of 2d6 S5 magic missiles (and 1d6 S5 from the bound spell), 4 Ratling Guns for probably 2 dozen S4 armour piercing hits and 40 S6 armour piercing Jezzail shots in the shooting phase.

Most enemies would probably be losing in the neighbourhood of 60 models a turn against this list.

Or maybe drop 10 Jezzails to pick up 2 Warp Lightning Cannons to snipe characters once their units are obliterated.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:56 pm

Here is my one-trick pony wood-elf army:

Orion
6 Wild riders
5 Wild riders
5 Wild riders
5 Wild riders
5 Wild riders
Treeman
Treeman

The two treemen form the anchor and the wild riders provide the flank charges. 5 fast cavalry units that move 18" and hit like heavy cavalry on the charge and 2 terror-causing monsters led by a bolt-thrower weilding, 6 S7 attack special character who also causes terror.

The army is fragile, but the high manouverability and ability to move through forests allows me to get into combat on my terms while avoiding as much shooting as possible. The Strangleroot attacks from the treemen along with Orion's bolt-thrower bow can help to soften up most targets before I charge in. Plus the 3 terror-causers and the fear-causing wild riders will wreak havoc on low leadership armies. I have good magical defense too since the wild riders all have MR1 and Orion adds 2 dice to the dispel pool.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top