Summer League- Scenario's for weeks 1-2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer League- Scenario's for weeks 1-2

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:58 pm

The Beginning

From beyond reality scores of demons pour forth to inflict there dark gods will. Underneath mortal empires the vile rat-men prepare to take advantage of the confusion and further the designs of the council of 13. Feeling the call to battle in their bones valleys hordes of greenskins prepare to unleash their own Waagh caring little about anything other than victory after victory against any opponent.

With little build up and preparation this surprise assault on the realms of the Old World threatens to destroy empires of the reasoning and peace loving races. Can the realms of men, dwarfs, and elves set aside old differences to stand united against these rampaging invaders? Or will the real danger come from the enemy withinÖ.

Week 1-2

Good vs Good

Traitor!

From the adjacent camp strange light shows and deviant mutterings can be observed late into the night. Your guards and sentries have repeatedly made strange reports about small groups of your supposed allies meeting in small groups with cloaked strangers. They say that these are their customs, and cloaked strangers are merely merchants or guides giving aid to their own camp in these surrounding that are foreign to them. The council of your peers has ignored your suspicions, petty bickering they label your accusations. You know better, your supposed ally is in league with the ruinous powers and it is up to you to save this alliance from the threat they refuse to acknowledge.
Objective: The player who was born furthest from Saskatoon (Foreigner!) will act as the accused conspirator and traitor. Arrange the table and deploy normally (Dice for sides etc.). To prove his suspicions true the Local hero must capture the foreign general and take him before the ad-hoc council of his peers. This can be accomplished in one of two waysÖ
-the Foreign general is treated as a banner for this scenario. Regardless of vpís at the end of the game if the Local hero captures and keeps the foreign general model he will score a solid victory.
-If the Foreign general is slain but not captured then calculate vpís normally. If the Local hero wins then the game will be scored as a minor victory.
-If the Foreign General lives then regardless of Vpís the game is a solid victory for the Foreign player.

Good vs Evil

The Summoning

The forces of evil have brought force to claim some part of the battlefield for the purposes of their dark designs. Is it some artifact buried in the cellar of an old farm home? Does some hill bear some significance to a pattern of ley lines? Does that old creepy wood actually contain the mortal remains of an ancient lord? The only certainty is that they must be turned aside from gaining the crucial part of the battlefield they seek.

Objective: The evil player must wrestle control of an important part of the battelfield to gain advantage over the local population. Pick a terrain feature before deployment in the good players zone. This piece of terrain is the key to the battle! Good forces defending the feature become immune to fear and terror liabilities. Enemy units attacking units defending the feature become subject to hatred. Defending units must have some portion of their unit either touching or inside the feature to claim the terrain piece. Battle results are based purely on whether the evil players have more US on the objective. Score a solid victory to the player who controls the feature at end of game. Rules for controlling features are in the main rulebook

Evil vs Evil

Pecking order

As is always the case when the forces of darkness rally together to make the Old World burn and beg for mercy squabbling and infighting threaten to tear any alliance apart before the first battle can even be fought. An order must be established! The only way to get the respect you deserve is to knock some sense into your loudest opposition. Make him sorry for dissenting against your plans! Set an example to others! Force is the only true universal language!

Objective: Your rival has challenged you once to often an is attempting to usurp your position in this invasion. An example must be made. The player whose birth date is closest to the 1st of this month may elect which table side to deploy in (Itís good to be #1!). roll for first turn normally. All bonuses for killing characters, capturing banners are increased by 100vpís. This means killing an ordinary hero is worth 100vpís and the general is worth 200. Any character killed in a challenge also yields an extra 100 points.

Report those battles, and include any fantastic details!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer League- Scenario's for weeks 1-2

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:34 pm

So where are the new scenarios? Will we find out before RadomCon?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:52 pm

nathanr wrote:So where are the new scenarios? Will we find out before RadomCon?

Actually, the only league game played that I know of was you and I, and I'd like to see those other scenario's played. I really would like some feedback on these as I want to build about 15-20 good scenarios for tournaments and such so we're not always locked into pitched battle syndrome.

So no new scenarios until I get more feedback, good or bad. What were your impressions from our game?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Without having played any of them, I must say that the bottom two look fine. The top scenario, however, gets a thumbs down from me. While an objective can be great to change the flow of the game, making the entire result of the game solely dependent on completion of something like that can be totally gamebreaking.

I much prefer objectives that influence the eventual outcome with victory point modifiers, bonuses or penalties, but are not solely determinative.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:50 pm

I understand what you're saying Eric. I sort of feel the same way, but after playing Flames of War which is solely objective based I think the dynamic is terrific. The scenario may not work, and of course there are always the game balance issues with a scenario like the one I tried. I would like to have it played a couple of times and find out if it really is a busted idea or not.

Warhammer may not be the system to use for scenarios like that, but I won't give up on the idea yet. I've played some good tourny scenarios that were purely based on a similar concept and were fine, but also some that just plain didn't work. You guys try winning a breakthrough scenario using dwarfs.

Perhaps something that uses, say four different objectives, and the win being decided on who has more? Would that perhaps give all armies a fair shake (or more fair)?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:28 pm

I always felt the same way about purely objective based scenarios until I played FOW. Not sure if they translate completly to Fantasy but its worth the effort to see. A four game tournament really needs some variety in the scenarios that a pure vp system can't provide.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top