Magic? We don't need no stinking magic.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Magic? We don't need no stinking magic.

Post  Mhael on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Lots of reference to the ogre's so here goes my revamped ogre list for some shredding.
Bruiser General with fifty points of goodies
Bruiser BSB
Butcher with fifty points of MI
butcher with fifty points of MI
5 leadbelchers
3 leadbelchers
8 ogre bulls
8 ogre bulls
30 gnoblars
30 gnoblars

1999 pts

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Lol back on the track of the original discussion, i think that magic is completely ... retarded. in games i have played
i notice that even if you have a huge magic based army and some tricks up your sleeve, you still have to CAST the
dam spells! and if you manage to cast some spell that's going to do something important in the game your opponet
will more than likely dispel it with his basic dispel dice. i just dont think a one use only is dispel scroll is all that effective,
and the scroll caddy is just to many points to spend for something so small, especially since the wizard is not going
to live long as your opponent is going to go after him. with the tomb kings a lv2 priest is worth almost 200 points; if you
want him to be effective in the game that is, and as soon as hes in combat you may as well consider him dead. on top of
everything you still have to worry about the unfortunate miss cast which can F*** you over Shocked

The only army's that i can see it making a difference to have a large magical difference against are the to Vampire counts and
tomb kings, cause then they could make an extra movement which could flank you or cause you to flee. if you can stop a vc army
from summoning even one turn i might be just enough of a gap to take over.

But for the most part i agree with Scott

I like not spending the points to defend against it directly, but I would have at least some plan in place. Make sure you've got part of your army that is designed to beat the enemy, even if it isn't in the magic phase. maybe....

1) More units to make the enemy think about. If there 3 potential threats then thats three times the enemy must roll dice to hope to succeed
2) Bigger units if magic missile's are a worry. It's tough to panic 40 night goblins.
3) fast stuff working in unison. One unit of fast cav may not be a big deal. What about 2? Maybe 3?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:41 am

I think I just figured this out. Eric posted this because next league he is taking an all-magic Tzeentch Daemon army! He just posted this topic to convince us to not take any magical defense so that he can take the league trophy! Don't be fooled!

Seriously though, I've never put much thought or faith in magic. I also find it to be too unpredictable. The same goes with war machines that can misfire. While they can produce big results it is more likely that they will misfire at the most inconvenient time.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top