Playoffs: Scott vs. Nathan!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playoffs: Scott vs. Nathan!

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:50 pm

So Scott, when would you like to do this? I am free most evenings this week except for Friday.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playoffs: Scott vs. Nathan!

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm on holdiays Bitch, so anytime could be arranged!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:34 am

How about tomorrow night? I have to take my in-law's vehicle to SGI for an adjustment at 7, so how about 8-8:30? Be warned, I'm bringing my A-Game!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 am

Wed night? Can do! My place?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:24 am

Your place would be great, so long as you don't mind losing on home field!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 pm

So despite my tough talk the dwarfs were once again defeated by the orcs. The game started off great with Scott's giant feeling the sting of my shooting. He fell in the first turn before he even got a chance to move. After the initial success my guns fell strangely silent. My cannon only managed 4 kills all game and my flame cannon only fired once and it was short. After that I got 2 misfires causing it to miss 2 turns of shooting and then on the last turn it was charged and destroyed. My 2 bolt throwers put 5 wounds on the giant in the first turn and killed 6 goblins in the second, but in the third they both missed point-blank shots at his general on a wyvern. My organ gun was the only thing that managed to do anything useful, dispatching 2 units of spider riders with the help of my thunderers. Close combat was a bit disappointing, my general slaughtered Scott's goblin hero in a challenge allowing my hammerers to break his night goblin unit. Unfortunately this was after the unit destroyed my longbeards with the help of his lord.

In the end Scott killed all my war machines, my longbeards and half my quarrellers. In turn I killed half his goblins, his giant, his 2 units of spider riders, his goblin hero and half his goblin wizard (who was wounded by his ring). He had 2 table quarters and I had one, and we each had a banner. It was a fun, close game and it would have been even closer if I had a bit more luck with my war machines. Scott played a very smart game though and deserved the win.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:33 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top