Saskatoon Tournament?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Saskatoon Tournament?

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 pm

You're not going to change minds most likely.

First question- Are you playing Chaos?
Second Questiuon - Would you not participate if the answer to this debate went against your wishes

I don't think it's a big deal, and yes it is an anomaly but chaos has ALWAYS been the worst part about trying to come up with a fair and equitable army comp formula.

I personally think they should be left in to the negative side of army points. Sure you make some good points Eric but these benifits provided by the mark are close enough to magic items and less of the standard shield or great weapon style upgrades. But I don't care enough to rally for a rule that would lead to you excluding yourself or anyone else. This is going to be a 16 man tourny, what better time to experiment with rules then now? Everyone their will be (mostly) veterans and we all know each other well enough that we don't need to worry about pissing contests (Y'all can't hang with me in that regard!) or hissy fights (Gonda's can keep their MMA stuff, I am a Hissy FIGHTER!) so why not run it the way Eric wants, and track it. After it's over let's see how it would've affected the standings (if at all). Or.....

Make up a 4th army comp thingy. Keep the score as maxing out at 3 but give players making armies one category to slide on. Something like.....

"Did your opponent include equal or more points in core then yours?"

that way someone can get 3 out of 4 questions and still get max comp.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:49 am

I'm going to go with a straight "did you spend 10% or less in magic items" leaving out marks bloodlines etc. We'll try it this go, get feed back on the comp, if it works or dos'nt we'll go with something different next time.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Your leaving out marks and bloodlines, etc?

So my Daemon army automatically gets a tick here since I have no magic items? Seems odd. But, I get it will make up for the fact that I'll probably have more points in characters than everyone I play.

Next question, is there a rule against special characters? Or is that just an increased point cost that'll get you dinged...

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Sorry Wade, did'nt see this until I got back from the tournament!

On another note, thanks to everyone for making it out yesterday. It was a great success and I had a fun day. Congrats to our winners Don Matwe....best sportsmen, and Geoff Klassen who won it all with a very tame DarkElven list.

Our next Tournament will be some time in June and will be a 1250pt friday evening special. I'll post details after things are nailed down.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Good to hear that it was a fun time, I wish I could have been there. Oh well, next time.

I'd like to hear some war stories! Any pictures from the event? Did Don's (Squalie's) all-minotaur army do more than what Scott thought it would? Any epic battles between Generals? Any other note-worthy tales? Lets get some activity going on this forum!

I stopped by the Den on Sunday but everyone was at lunch. It was pretty strange going into the back room and seeing all the armies and terrain but no players. It was like a very nerdy episode of the Twilight Zone!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Nathan, you really did miss a good time. Certainly worth the drive and when I came home and lied, er, told everyone how awesome of a General I was, Rob and Alex were pumped to attend the next one.

I'd like to thank everyone for a great time and especially Scott, Wade and Andre for great games. Saturdays tourny was 1/10th of what Sunday was. I saw some other armies there I really would have liked to play (next time, Eric).

That brings a few things up: Could you post a list of the tourny, Carson? The next one is in June and on a Friday night -- how come not on a Sat/Sunday? And, can somebody set up a games day sometime in the near future for a Saturday/Sunday of gaming? I don't want to have to wait for june. I know, I know, me, me, me.

Paul: You owe me a breakfast sandwich.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:47 am

I for sure owe you a coffee as well.....I thought it was warmer than my last drink!

Good times fo sure. Some memorable events........my giant taking a point blank hellblaster (24shot) shot in the face and coming out smiling...then getting chopped up by Greatswords. My generals unit surging forward 6 inches, charging 8 and then pursuiting 12. My black Orcs charging 3 units of cav over three games...go waagh banner. My goblin great shamen taking everything that could be shot at it by Rob over three turns and then blowing his head off in turn 6 from a miscast.

good times.

as to the june tourney....havn't yet worked out the details but will soon with Darren. We always held small point tournaments friday night but with the out-of town interest I think Saturday night is a good idea.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:23 am

Nice to hear it was a good time, sorry I couldn't make it. Any time in June other than the weekend of the 20th will work for me. The weekend after that ( 27,28 ) is probably best.

Last edited by nathanr on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:22 am

I for sure owe you a coffee as well.....I thought it was warmer than my last drink!

I KNEW IT!!! (And I did post about the Shaggoth -- go me)

I'm bringing a food bodyguard next time...

June is way too flippin' far away, so I would like a few lads to start throwing dates out for the next month or so. I guess we'll start from there.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:46 am

I'll probably be available for a game or two sometime around the weekend of the 21st. I'll have to confirm that with the wife, but I'd love to beat up on some Reginians... Reginites... Reginatonians?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 am

No, Nathan, that's pronounced "Moose Javians".

Most weekends, if I don't have my daughter visiting, I could leave Moose Jaw by 4, arriving at 6p.m. Play a game or 2 and get at it on Sunday. I'm not scared, just sayin' is all...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Ah, sorry I shouldn't have associated you with Regina, Moose Jaw is much better... I guess.

Anyway, who else wants a piece of this epic North-South action? Scott? Eric? Carson? Gonda Clan? Anyone?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm

I am in a road hockey tourny on Sat but could play Sunday the weekend of the twenty first.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top