Random stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random stuff

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Not Warhammer related but I realize I don't post much in the painting dept anymore. I've been focusing on painting a great deal, even taking part in a few online painting contests and challenges. I thought I'd post some of that, maybe just as proof I still paint....

Blood bowl dudes.

T-34's for Flames of War. I overdid the mud and will tone it down next time.

Animosity Orcs for a Challenge on CMON. Results pending.

Death Korps of Krieg roughrider for online duel on WAMP. I won!

DKK Comissar. Cool fig!

My entry for IRON PAINTER 6! The first round theme is "The Color Purple". I don't think I'll beat my opponent. ANyone else got random stuff they're doing?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random stuff

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:11 pm

I'm a big fan of those death korps models they are very cool and I like the paint scheme you used on them. It is very muted and gritty looking while still having enough color to be interesting. The Joker is also very cool, your opponent is going to have to come up with something very clever to beat you (I especially like the mini newspaper Wink )!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:23 pm

nathanr wrote:I'm a big fan of those death korps models they are very cool and I like the paint scheme you used on them. It is very muted and gritty looking while still having enough color to be interesting. The Joker is also very cool, your opponent is going to have to come up with something very clever to beat you (I especially like the mini newspaper Wink )!

Yeah, thanks a million for doing that Nathan. Sadly my opposition needs to be neither clever nor inspired as he is really, really, really a LOT better than I am. He paints pro for a couple studios and I think he's a multiple demon winner to boot. Damn random pairings!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:11 pm

I had a look at the minis that had been submitted so far and I'd say your's is in the top 3. Of course your opponent has yet to submit so I can't say for sure yet.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Well thanks for that. The people seem to really like the theme. HOWEVER, the big deal painters all take their time, and ALL wait till the last day to post apparently. Sad

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Scott, those animosity Orcs are not what you are capable of. You can paint very well, and those are just above table-top. You know I love ya', but it's true. Man, I love that Night-goblin putting up his dukes.

Roughrider: Pretty cool.

Commisar: Quite cool.

"Purple entry": Veeeeery cool! Very, very cool. We may not be Golden Daemon winners, but you can hold your head high on that fig. Perfect color. I'd like to see this fig in real life.

Now, if you would just slow down and paint just one fig every couple o' months.....heh, heh. Nevermind.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Looks like some good blending going on with the joker. Love the skin tone on the bloodbowl orcs. So you run your pictures through a fixer uper...............cheater.

Next time you bitch about my pictures go up to the closest mirror and take a good look.....then cry. Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Don- You're bang on right on the money about the orcs. I'd like to tell you I was trying something new but the truth is it's a shit job. I learned lots on the fig and beat my opponent (he DNF'd, thank Christ!). I hated painting it, and wouldn't do it again. Appreciate the honest Crit! Very Happy

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Scott vs. Leonidas

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:19 pm

Here's one I put up on CMON and other painting boards. Kinda proud of it, but of course I see lot's of flaws. Fun stuff though, and it was a nice treat putting him on a display base. I don't knwo what the hell to do with it, maybe eBay? Anyway, more non warhammer related stuff to spam youre eyeballs with!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:58 am

yeah that is some great work....love the blending on the cape...very smooth. Skin looks really good too.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:06 am

I went to cool mini to see what they said about this fig, and in my opinion, I agree. The lad needs a touch more highlights, but I gotta' tell you I'm envious of your metals. They are top-notch. I stick to one recipe for gold and brass that I read out of a WD years ago and it's time to advance.

What's the step-by-step for you metals? I wanna get this right before I start my Warriors.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top